The Younger/Dryas comet impact crater found...How old is civilization??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I'm a Christian....
    Obviously a backsliding heretic...
    monty.jpg

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    ...in Perry County.....About 70 miles below the ice sheet.....

HA!

Took me a second. I read that as literally "BELOW", rather than what you meant.

hehehe.. I was gonna say something along the lines of "check your math!"

-Nate

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    The only book I've read on this subject is Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel. He argues that plant and animal domestication happened about 9,000 BC and was the catalyst for civilization today.

So if there was human civilization before and during the last ice age, wouldn't they have domesticated plants and animals to support large human populations and wouldn't archeological evidence show that?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    So if there was human civilization before and during the last ice age, wouldn't they have domesticated plants and animals to support large human populations and wouldn't archeological evidence show that?

The ocean levels rose 400 feet in an instant....Plato puts the destruction of Atlantis at 11,700 years ago....The sphinx water erosion is at minimum, 9,000 years old but Boston University Robert Schloch believes it's a minimum of 15,000 years old....Most of these civilizations are underwater.....

Here is one of the coast of japan...

Yonaguni-Jima-+underwater+structures.jpg

Here is one one in the Baltic...

alien-spacecraft_600x.jpg

Here is Gobeki Tepe in Turkey....Radio Carbon dating states it was buried 9,000 years ago.....Fifty times the size of Stonehenge and 7,000 years older...

image_4996f-Gobekli-Tepe.jpg

We've been on this planet for 200,000 years...I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden 9,000 years ago someone said, "Hey man!!! Let's start planting food and building stuff...What do ya think? You wanna?"

I think, just like today, stone age people and advanced civilizations lived side by side and when the civilizations were wiped out by the mega flood the survivors went out among the hunter gatherers and helped them kick start civilization again....

The Aztecs have that tradition.....That's why when Cortez showed up they thought he was Quetzalcoatl returning to bring them more knowledge.......

Here are the pyramids of the world.....
    worldmap.jpg

31fc970a86b376f531f1f7195615df62.jpg

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    We know for sure that Gobekli Tepe was around 11,000-12,000 years ago. The standard theory is that there was so much wild grain in the region that they could live a horticultural lifestyle without knowing exactly how to farm, yet have the necessary caloric surplus to erect the site. You don't have to get to an Atlantis style civilization to explain how some lucky people might have been able to settle down and build great things in this model.

Given how long the Stone Age was, it should be no surprise whatsoever that the people at the tail end of it would be really, really good at working with stone. The question is whether climate pressure forced people to work more closely together and thus share ideas more during the last Ice Age or whether they pulled a post 1077 BC style "revival" of previously known technology that was reflected by the Neo-Hittites, Neo-Assyrians, etc. We do know that man with superior technology was able to depopulate England of lions in written memory, but in my opinion saying that anatomically similar and mentally similar man was able to wipe out the dire wolf, cave bear, cave lion, and mammoth is a bit of a stretch. They just didn't have the ranging abilities into the deep European woods to do so from what I've seen; so a catastrophic event just make more sense. (Esp since we know now that around the same time 10% of the world was on fire).

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Civilization began on January 8th, 1935 with the birth of Elvis Presley.

Long live Rock & Roll.

So endeth the lesson.

Regards and have a great Thanksgiving,

Doug

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Civilization began on January 8th, 1935 with the birth of Elvis Presley.

Long live Rock & Roll.

So endeth the lesson.

Regards and have a great Thanksgiving,

Doug

Given that it is only fair to say that civilization died February 3rd, 1959

[video=youtube;GMezwtB1oCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMezwtB1oCU[/video]

Top Bottom