The Younger/Dryas comet impact crater found...How old is civilization??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    The ocean levels rose 400 feet in an instant....Plato puts the destruction of Atlantis at 11,700 years ago....The sphinx water erosion is at minimum, 9,000 years old but Boston University Robert Schloch believes it's a minimum of 15,000 years old....Most of these civilizations are underwater.....

I could be sold on a meteor as the cause for the Younger Dryas but on human civilizations prior to and during the last ice age, I am not (yet).

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Did someone say, inquisition?...

[video=youtube;LnF1OtP2Svk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk[/video]

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    It took me awhile.....A clash between civilization and stone age people just recently resulted in a death it seems.....Just curious...How old do you believe the Sphinx is?

https://www.france24.com/en/20181121-us-tourist-killed-arrow-shooting-indian-tribe

well I've always understood the Egyptian civilization to be about 5,000 years old (prior to the death of Cleopatra). This thread is the first I've heard of the notion that its older than that. So, I don't know.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    Did someone say, inquisition?...

[video=youtube;LnF1OtP2Svk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk[/video]

I understand the comedy in the Spanish Inquisition today but there is a great book out there dispelling the notion that Spain was any more oppressive than England or anyone else for the time period.

https://www.amazon.com/Bearing-Fals...8&qid=1542816280&sr=8-4&keywords=Rodney+Stark

Most that were executed in Spain were multiple offenders and Spain was at war with the English and Dutch at the time and a lot of what we think of the Spanish Inquisition today comes from war propaganda.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The only book I've read on this subject is Jared Diamond's Guns, Germs, and Steel. He argues that plant and animal domestication happened about 9,000 BC and was the catalyst for civilization today.

So if there was human civilization before and during the last ice age, wouldn't they have domesticated plants and animals to support large human populations and wouldn't archeological evidence show that?

I took a course in college and it was the professor's contention that civilization (or humans forming villages and towns) that led to domestication of plants and animals as need and specialization made it economical.

I still think he was on to something. Who would spend all the time and effort to farm if you didn't have a market for your excess grain? Where would you store it? And stored grain is a depreciating asset, more so then than now.

And where the heck does corn/maize really come from? No one knows for sure even to this day. There is no wild corn, like there is every other grain. And how the heck did those people around Oaxaca really develop those thousands and thousands of different domesticated plants?

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...And where the heck does corn/maize really come from? No one knows for sure even to this day. There is no wild corn, like there is every other grain. And how the heck did those people around Oaxaca really develop those thousands and thousands of different domesticated plants?

Well, obviously...

giphy.gif

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    well I've always understood the Egyptian civilization to be about 5,000 years old (prior to the death of Cleopatra). This thread is the first I've heard of the notion that its older than that. So, I don't know.

Give this a watch when you get time.....Very interesting....

[video=youtube;zSjnvlDWwrE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSjnvlDWwrE[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We know for sure that Gobekli Tepe was around 11,000-12,000 years ago. The standard theory is that there was so much wild grain in the region that they could live a horticultural lifestyle without knowing exactly how to farm, yet have the necessary caloric surplus to erect the site. You don't have to get to an Atlantis style civilization to explain how some lucky people might have been able to settle down and build great things in this model.

Given how long the Stone Age was, it should be no surprise whatsoever that the people at the tail end of it would be really, really good at working with stone. The question is whether climate pressure forced people to work more closely together and thus share ideas more during the last Ice Age or whether they pulled a post 1077 BC style "revival" of previously known technology that was reflected by the Neo-Hittites, Neo-Assyrians, etc. We do know that man with superior technology was able to depopulate England of lions in written memory, but in my opinion saying that anatomically similar and mentally similar man was able to wipe out the dire wolf, cave bear, cave lion, and mammoth is a bit of a stretch. They just didn't have the ranging abilities into the deep European woods to do so from what I've seen; so a catastrophic event just make more sense. (Esp since we know now that around the same time 10% of the world was on fire).

I owe you a book....Sorry...But literally my dog ate the homework you assigned me...I feel bad dude...Laura said we'll get you another...As this pics shows he felt bad after....

DscV8cbWsAAYDNH.jpg

DscV8caW0AAXxOA.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    “[Dialogue between Solon and an Egyptian Priest]
    In the Egyptian Delta, at the head of which the river Nile divides, there is a certain district which is called the district of Sais [...] To this city came Solon, and was received there with great honour; he asked the priests who were most skilful in such matters, about antiquity, and made the discovery that neither he nor any other Hellene knew anything worth mentioning about the times of old. On one occasion, wishing to draw them on to speak of antiquity, he began to tell about the most ancient things in our part of the world-about Phoroneus, who is called "the first man," and about Niobe; and after the Deluge, of the survival of Deucalion and Pyrrha; and he traced the genealogy of their descendants, and reckoning up the dates, tried to compute how many years ago the events of which he was speaking happened. Thereupon one of the priests, who was of a very great age, said: O Solon, Solon, you Hellenes are never anything but children, and there is not an old man among you. Solon in return asked him what he meant. I mean to say, he replied, that in mind you are all young; there is no old opinion handed down among you by ancient tradition, nor any science which is hoary with age.”
    Plato, Timaeus/Critias

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    HISTORY FROM PLATO'S DIALOGUE "CRITIAS" that fixes the time of Atlantis' demise[edit]

"Let me begin by observing first of all, that nine thousand was the sum of years which had elapsed since the war which was said to have taken place between those who dwelt outside the Pillars of Heracles and all who dwelt within them...[SUP][1][/SUP]"
    Many great deluges have taken place during the nine thousand years, for that is the number of years which have elapsed since the time of which I am speaking;[SUP][2][/SUP]
    The second quote is for those who said that Plato made a mistake in the 9000 year time statement. There was no mistake. It is repeated in Critias twice.
    "Plato's final years were spent at the Academy and with his writing. The circumstances surrounding his death are clouded, though it is fairly certain that he died in Athens around 348 B.C.E., when he was in his early 80s.[SUP][3][/SUP]"
    This year is 2017. 9000 + 348 + 2017 = 11,365 years before present
    However,
    "Sometime around 385 B.C.E., Plato founded a school of learning, known as the Academy, which he presided over until his death.[SUP][4][/SUP]"
    Plato established the Academy and he taught there 37 years before his death in his early 80's, which could add as much as 37 years to the demise of Atlantis. So the demise of Atlantis from this could mean 11,402 years ago for the demise of Atlantis.
    "The Holocene is the name given to the last 11,700 years* of the Earth's history — the time since the end of the last major glacial epoch, or 'ice age.'[SUP][5][/SUP]"
    The range of error of correlation between these two dates from different sources is from 298 years to 335 years because of Plato's career range with the Academy. 11,700 - 11,365 = 335 difference, the largest error, the error is 335 / 11,700 X 100 equals roughly between 2 - 3 % or calculation yields 2.8632479% to 10 decimal places. If I were to apply statistical calculations we could rely upon mathematical correlation without question that Atlantis' demise was at the end of the most recent ice age in the Holocene Epoch.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I find it interesting that Plato's time for the demise of Atlantis is 11,700 years ago....And look what happened 11,700 years ago...

The Pleistocene Epoch is typically defined as the time period that began about 2.6 million years ago and lasted until about 11,700 years ago. The most recent Ice Age occurred then, as glaciers covered huge parts of the planet Earth.Aug 29, 2017

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Gobekli Tepe, Comet Impact, why does every culture have a "festival of the dead" of some sort no matter where in the world around October 31st to November 2? Why does every culture have a flood story??? Why does the Sphinx have water erosion when there hasn't been rain there for 9,000 years? Why do we think Clovis wiped out all of our mega fauna in a 1,000 years from here to the tip of South America???

Why am I obsessed with this???

It looks like we got an impact crater...The smoking gun...

https://www.dailygrail.com/2018/11/...ial-theory-of-a-comet-impact-13000-years-ago/
    Great... more reading I’ll never finish!
    Rick, you and I have similar interests. It’s amazing what we can learn with technology.
    We are ignorant of where we really come from! This could explain a lot!

finnegan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Clark County
    Well Rick, you THINK your dog ate the book. I prefer the idea that Zahi Hawass broke into your house and in a wild rage tore it pieces with his teeth and bare hands.
    Some more food for thought for those interested in how an entire civilization can vanish beneath the water: The River Thames and the Rhine are the same river (as well as others). They used to run through Doggerland (the land mass that was slowly submerged by the melting glaciers and finally flooded by a tsunami to create the English Channel some 6,000 years ago and separating Great Britain from Europe).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P9wQj6qX2I

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Well Rick, you THINK your dog ate the book. I prefer the idea that Zahi Hawass broke into your house and in a wild rage tore it pieces with his teeth and bare hands.

I'm still plucking bits of white paper from Saul's fur...I dozed off with it and it fell to the floor...I've got a thousand books scattered around..All of them mine but one...And guess which one he chewed up...

"I love you dad...I would never chew up one of your books....":)

Top Bottom