• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I recently discovered MAXX Tech 9mm cases in a batch I bought. Easy to catch now, especially loading 147gr 9mm bullets!! What an annoying existence!!! They have a huge lip inside that prevents seating, and obviously would create unsafe pressures if a bullet did seat and you weren't aware of different case volume.

AmateurE

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2017
    NWI
    Having to pause reloading while the furnace/AC blower motor runs, it plays havoc with the balance scale.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I recently discovered MAXX Tech 9mm cases in a batch I bought. Easy to catch now, especially loading 147gr 9mm bullets!! What an annoying existence!!! They have a huge lip inside that prevents seating, and obviously would create unsafe pressures if a bullet did seat and you weren't aware of different case volume.

Those suck! I've got a couple of those same style of cases that are "FM" Freedom Munitions headstamped. Even with the appropriate lighter bullets they are crappy because the internal lip is a stress area and the case can separate at that point and leave a ring of brass in the chamber.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    As long as they are all spent. Now spilled powder, no vacuum!

Wow!
    I missed the word "spent".
    Read right over it and thought he was talking live primers.
    I was expecting to see a post pop up about someone injured while...

My internet has been down for a week.
    Guess I was so excited to be online again I just read right past.

Slow down 'derf...

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Even more fun is turning over a Dillon primer tube full of primers only to discover the pin was not inserted. Crawl around on a cluttered floor trying to pick up 100 live primers, especially when they are intermingled with numerous spent primers!

You only do that once. After that you check for the pin every time...

I just hate the repetitive manual labor. Ranks up there with shaving and mowing the lawn.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    There are two things that I hate about reloading, and I want to write a letter to President Trump to get this rectified as soon as possible.

1) .380 cases at the range
    2) Two sizes of .45 primers

These two issues are a travesty to our art and threaten the existence of our Nation as a whole.

Who's with me here?

What other issues do you have?

I hate .380 brass. It really pisses me off.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Last year, I did something that happens to lots of reloaders, but for me the very first time in nearly thirty years of reloading.
    I was running a .38 Special case up into the resizing die...only to not do my usual reflex action of seeing that I had all fingers clear of the bottom of the die.
    Yep, I got a nice blue forefinger nail on my left hand out of that for the next six months, until the nail finally grew out again.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The myth that you save money by reloading! All I know is that I shoot more and more because I reload for at least 10 different calibers and supposedly save a lot over factory ammo. Oh well, I can think of worse things to spend money on.

Top Bottom