• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    The myth that you save money by reloading! All I know is that I shoot more and more because I reload for at least 10 different calibers and supposedly save a lot over factory ammo. Oh well, I can think of worse things to spend money on.

Yeah, what's that old saying? "I have spent most of my money on guns and women. The rest, I just wasted!" (Or words to that effect!)

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The myth that you save money by reloading! All I know is that I shoot more and more because I reload for at least 10 different calibers and supposedly save a lot over factory ammo. Oh well, I can think of worse things to spend money on.

Yes; there are a lot worse addictions!

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    lets see, I hate the....

picking up brass
    cleaning brass
    sorting brass
    trying to find the components I want
    getting in trouble for spending more $ on components when I do find what I want
    loading the ammo
    doing QC checks on the ammo.
    not to mention the little hates mixed in there (380 brass, separating super from super comp, SP 45s, picking up spent primers that miss the chute, etc etc).

But I like shooting it! :)

-rvb

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I really hate getting 10mm cases mixed in with my .40 cases and not realizing it until I've bellmouthed one into something that looks like a blunderbuss.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    lets see, I hate the....

picking up brass
    cleaning brass
    sorting brass
    loading the ammo
    not to mention the little hates mixed in there (380 brass, separating super from super comp, SP 45s, picking up spent primers that miss the chute, etc etc).

-rvb

That is a pretty good list RVB! Haha...

I have to agree with you on the picking up the brass. It is not bad at an indoor range, but at the rock-floored outdoor ranges, it is a total pain. Someone needs to invent a brass magnet since those little cage roller brass picker uppers don't work on rocky surfaces.

Good on paper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 18, 2017
    Indianapolis
    That is a pretty good list RVB! Haha...

I have to agree with you on the picking up the brass. It is not bad at an indoor range, but at the rock-floored outdoor ranges, it is a total pain. Someone needs to invent a brass magnet since those little cage roller brass picker uppers don't work on rocky surfaces.
    View attachment 57207
    You could kill two birds with one stone, pick up brass and work on your trigger press!
    I wonder if they make one with a 1911 grip angle ....

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    The Lee pro 1000 priming system-I gave up and prime on a different press
    Spp 45
    Crimped primers
    Chasing brass
    Buying 500 projectiles And getting good results, reordering 7000 more, and each GD one of them being sized at .222 instead of .224. Yep, had to switch projectiles AGAIN, and start over. Grrrrrrr.

And last but certainly the most annoying to me:

Making some new test loads and having to drive 30 minutes each way to shoot the freaking things. Gather data, make appropriate changes, load more, and you guessed it... Drive back and test again :noway:

Last edited:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    lets see, I hate the....

picking up brass
    cleaning brass
    sorting brass
    loading the ammo

-rvb

Picky, picky, picky :)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The Lee pro 1000 priming system-I gave up and prime on a different press
    Spp 45
    Crimped primers
    Chasing brass
    Buying 500 projectiles And getting good results, reordering 7000 more, and each GD one of them being sized at .222 instead of .224. Yep, had to switch projectiles AGAIN, and start over. Grrrrrrr.

And last but certainly the most annoying to me:

Making some new test loads and having to drive 30 minutes each way to shoot the freaking things. Gather data, make appropriate changes, load more, and you guessed it... Drive back and test again :noway:

I hear ya about the driving. I have 6 357 loads i would like to test at 25yd for accuracy, but the nearest range where I don't have to pay is 45 min away. I would really like to get off my butt and start clearing a path in our woods to make our own 25 yd range, but this weather is a bummer. It is nice though to be able to chrono at home and get my SD down pretty low.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    inspecting rifle cases

Not high on the list of dislikes, but cleaning case lube off of rifle brass blows.
    Also, I used to despise getting the tumbling media out of brass until I finally kicked in the $32 for the RCBS case media separator.
    That one modest investment turned that particular task from a pain into something that's actually a bit fun to do.
    I kick myself for having put off buying that for over twenty years, fooling myself into believing it was a waste of money.

Wolf1661

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2017
    Indianapolis
    About the only thing I hate about reloading...is running out of things to reload. :)
    I do have a PT111 G2 9mm, and a PT101 AF .40. :): I have 1 piece of spent brass. It managed to hit the divider at the range. Then bounce off and almost hit me in the eye. landed on the table primer side down so i kept it

dooshie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Indy
    lol I hate I can't smoke when i'm reloading lol
    and oh ya I hate it when my wife comes down and needs me to do something lol

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Not high on the list of dislikes, but cleaning case lube off of rifle brass blows.
    Also, I used to despise getting the tumbling media out of brass until I finally kicked in the $32 for the RCBS case media separator.
    That one modest investment turned that particular task from a pain into something that's actually a bit fun to do.
    I kick myself for having put off buying that for over twenty years, fooling myself into believing it was a waste of money.

So you don't use your tumbler to clean off the lube?

-rvb

Top Bottom