• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Snorko, if you rent a table, get to the show early to set up!

If your prices are good, you will sell a lot of stuff to other vendors before the show opens to the public.

I have seen new guys get swarmed when they start to unpack at their first show.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    My folks did antique shows for years and those folks do the same thing.

The more I think about it the better it sounds. Maybe I might even try to do this months show.

Smith& W

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 4, 2015
    Indpls.
    I retired a few months ago and have set up at 3 shows now. I found it enjoyable and have sold a lot of stuff I no longer needed. Just from my own experience I would say go for it. It`s a week to week deal with no obligation to set up all the time. The drawback for me is that I enjoy it so much I keep running out of merchandise to sell so I'm spending more time looking for items to sell at the next show. Take a friend to help watch your table. That gives you a chance to stroll the aisles and find something good . Good luck.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    My folks did antique shows for years and those folks do the same thing.

The more I think about it the better it sounds. Maybe I might even try to do this months show.

I can tell you when I was younger (pre A&A Optics) I set up at the 1500, and considered it the best money I could spend. I got 1 table for 90 bucks, and saved 30 bucks in parking, and 20 bucks in tickets. So the way I looked at it, I paid 40 bucks for a seat, and a cooler for the weekend if I didnt sell a dime. The funny think is, I shared space once with Kimball (pre bobcat steel), and here we are 8-10 years later. As a matter of fact, that is the show I learned if a steel dealer asks if "you got a second" after a gun show the answer is a definite NO.

Worst case scenerio, I but you have wasted more money on dumber things, so give it a try.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Think of it this way snorko. Other than some time and maybe $100, what do you have to lose? The rewards outweigh the risk or alternative. Your stuff either continues to sit at home where you deffinately won't get any money out of it or you take it to a show and as long as you aren't too proud of your stuff and you're willing to make deals, you will sell most if not all of it. Even if you have stupid **** you will sell it at the 1500.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Hell yeah. Get a table. Get a couple other INGOers to chip in, and you guys got a table for the whole day. A place to sit and chat, a cooler nearby, watch people, make the occasional deals when people walk by with something that looks interesting, etc.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hell yeah. Get a table. Get a couple other INGOers to chip in, and you guys got a table for the whole day. A place to sit and chat, a cooler nearby, watch people, make the occasional deals when people walk by with something that looks interesting, etc.

You've pretty much described working the INGO booth. The only thing you left out is when CM says, "I'm going to be strong, not buying a knife!" and I reply with, "Yeah, in 15 minutes you'll be back talking about getting it engraved."

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Have a garage sale and advertise the goods. I sold all my stuff off as soon as I opened the garage door. Gun stuff, tools, fishing stuff goes quick. Save yourself the show fees and have ing to move and load it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    You've pretty much described working the INGO booth. The only thing you left out is when CM says, "I'm going to be strong, not buying a knife!" and I reply with, "Yeah, in 15 minutes you'll be back talking about getting it engraved."

If Brad's there with Protech Godfathers I might just walk out with a new knife.

busted1200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Evansville
    Send me a list of what you got. I've bought a couple of things from you and I'm in Evansville. You might have something I'd be interested in and we could hook up again.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    As an avid gun show attendee, I have seen "junk" tables done many ways. There's the guy that gets a couple of tables, spills out a few tubs of goodies then says, "I'm done." This is good but with no clear prices on anything, you will be play the price game all day. How much for this, what you asking for that and so on. Then there is tub man, the seller that puts totes full of goodies on the table and has a set price of anything in this tote is $5, anything in that tote is $10 and so forth. I like tub sellers, I just hate when I can't find a dang thing to buy from them. Then there's the seller that put everything behind glass with no prices. When I see that crap I just keep walking. If they have clear marked prices then I stop and take a closer look.

Stacking up on box lots over the years, I can only imagine how much stuff you have. I'm starting to have the same issue here. If you want send me a pic of your magazine box, I just might buy the whole box from you.

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    Tables are $50.00 which I don't think is too bad. I am not trying to make money per se, just want to get rid of stuff at a fair price. I look at it this way, if I sell two guns and drive an hour to meet FTF for each, that is about $20-$25 in gas alone.

I agree I am not going to try and monetize my time. It's a hobby, not a business for me.

I don't start that way but since I never seem to make any money looks like it is a hobby.:dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    I think the Tipton show is $35 a table, if interested let me know and I can put you in touch with Pat Comer, the show promoter. He can get give you details.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    INGO is a giving, charitable place. So many willing to help me get rid of stuff! Honestly I don't think I have time to get organized before the show in two weeks. I'll probably list some large lots here and try for the June show with whats left.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Let's just have an Ingo swap meet several times a year at various places across the state. 50 quality posts or site supporter status is the cost of admission.

Top Bottom