• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've been thinking of getting rid of my Glocks for a while now. I remember seeing my first Glock 17 down at the Gun Room in Beech Grove back in 87'. It was the only one in the city and everyone was just gawking at it. Since then I have had every 9mm, 10mm and .45 Glock made and liked em all. I just don't feel comfortable carrying them loaded. I understand the technology and all I just like hammers and safeties. When I did carry a Glock I carried it Israeli style and although it works ok I'd prefer to carry a SA or DA/SA gun that is loaded and ready to fire. I only have 3 left anyways so I was thinking of getting rid of them and getting something I'm more comfortable with. I have a 33 .357 Sig that is awesome to shoot! Sent the slide off and had it hard chromed and a 3.5# trigger and NS installed. Also have a 20 and 29 in 10mm. They are a blast to shoot as well. Both have NS and 3.5# triggers. I loved my 19 and 26 but traded them a while back. I guess I'd shoot a 34 if I had one. Oh well I guess I just need to decide and then stick to my decision. Thanks for allowing me to vent. :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I got rid of my Glocks a while ago. It was a tough decision, but I'm happy with the direction I took. Also, if you ever change your mind, just get another Glock. :dunno:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I got rid of my Glocks a while ago. It was a tough decision, but I'm happy with the direction I took. Also, if you ever change your mind, just get another Glock. :dunno:

Yeah, I remember shooting with you when you first got it. I've just been thinking about it for a while now. If I do it I'm getting rid of everything that goes with em too. Besides it's not like Glocks are rare or anything. You can always find them for sale in good to new shape.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know what you're saying. I do carry a glock sometimes. It does make me every bit of extra of cautious when holstering a loaded glock.

I keep seeing the video play in my mind of DEA guy at the school presenting his "glock 40" and well, we all know the rest.

I like carrying my CZ in weather like this. Chunky slide, but slim grip (P07) but I like it ok for iwb.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    Oh I've had em all. I'm more of a 1911, Sig, CZ and P7 kinda guy.

Yea, I turn 35 this month and have been thinking weird thoughts. I am pondering the thought of a new 1911 to carry, or maybe just carry my original. Either way, I am some how getting back to the classics and I am not sure why, but it sure feels good:rockwoot:

ETA: my past old school:
    DSC_0850.jpg

my favorite gun:
    DSC_0463.jpg

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Glocks are great guns, but if you're uncomfortable carrying them loaded then sell them and buy something that you're more comfortable with. That's what's great about having so many different companies making different styles of gun. Not every gun is right for every person.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Yea, I turn 35 this month and have been thinking weird thoughts. I am pondering the thought of a new 1911 to carry, or maybe just carry my original. Either way, I am some how getting back to the classics and I am not sure why, but it sure feels good:rockwoot:

DSC_0850.jpg

I've been looking for a nice HP like that. The Browning just fits my hand perfectly and I've never shoot one I didn't like. I have a Nickle Belgium HP but it is too shiny for my taste. I'd like to find an older blue Belgium HP to carry.

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy

DSC_0850.jpg

I've been looking for a nice HP like that. The Browning just fits my hand perfectly and I've never shoot one I didn't like. I have a Nickle Belgium HP but it is too shiny for my taste. I'd like to find an older blue Belgium HP to carry.
    this one is a belgium, just not for sale:)

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I carry and prefer polymer frame, striker fired guns, and wouldn't want to be without my trusty G19. But I also like and appreciate a good hammer fired design. The Beretta PX4 is one of my favorites.

If you like hammer fired guns better, I'd say go for it! However, nothing wrong with keeping 1 Glock in the safe. If I was a 10mm fan, I'd have a hard time not owning a G20. You can shoot .40 S&W out of it with a conversion barrel, or turn it into a real hog thumper with hot loads and an aftermarket 6" barrel.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I've been thinking of getting rid of my Glocks for a while now. I remember seeing my first Glock 17 down at the Gun Room in Beech Grove back in 87'. It was the only one in the city and everyone was just gawking at it. Since then I have had every 9mm, 10mm and .45 Glock made and liked em all. I just don't feel comfortable carrying them loaded. I understand the technology and all I just like hammers and safeties. When I did carry a Glock I carried it Israeli style and although it works ok I'd prefer to carry a SA or DA/SA gun that is loaded and ready to fire. I only have 3 left anyways so I was thinking of getting rid of them and getting something I'm more comfortable with. I have a 33 .357 Sig that is awesome to shoot! Sent the slide off and had it hard chromed and a 3.5# trigger and NS installed. Also have a 20 and 29 in 10mm. They are a blast to shoot as well. Both have NS and 3.5# triggers. I loved my 19 and 26 but traded them a while back. I guess I'd shoot a 34 if I had one. Oh well I guess I just need to decide and then stick to my decision. Thanks for allowing me to vent. :dunno:

Colt556, I feel the same way about my GLOCKS, but I'm thinking of doing this to my GLOCKS & keeping them Ten-Ring Precision, Inc. I've never seen a GLOCK with this modification before, guess I'll be different

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010

I remember seeing all your mags and lights in the classifieds and wondering if you knew about something going on that I didn't, ha.

Top Bottom