• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Personally I'm more comfortable with a 1911, I recently made the switch to a glock and like LEaSH said, I'm way more cautious when holstering the firearm for sure.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    you have to be comfortable with what you carry but having said that where do you draw the line? Carrying cocked and locked you can still have the thumb safety come off somehow or even forget to engage it...I'm not nit picking or trying to be confrontational just trying to play the Devil's advocate. It took me a while to trust the technology of a gun to not fire when I didn't want it to. I shoot in competition and have to holster and unholster a loaded weapon (Glock) and it's never just 'gone off' which it can't unless the trigger is pulled and it finally just hit me that I either have to take the training wheels off or put the bike away...and just like my first time carrying I was nervous. I will never get comfortable carrying to where I become careless but I am confidently carrying with a gassed up G21.

People have shot themselves with all sorts of guns since the first one was invented but, again, in the end it's more important that you carry what you are comfortable with than not carry at all.

Now...tell me all about this Glock 20 you have :D

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I, being the the good citizen that I am, have single handedly tried getting all of the Glocks off the streets and out of the hands of those that are not comfortable with them. I have been trading guns that I don't use or don't shoot. I don't know why the new found fascination with Glock, but I have acquired several lately. I always seem to migrate toward revolvers and they will always be my go to guns, but Glocks seem to have a certain mistique to them. I personally feel that Glocks are well designed and can be safely carried as long as the first tool used is common sense.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I, being the the good citizen that I am, have single handedly tried getting all of the Glocks off the streets and out of the hands of those that are not comfortable with them. I have been trading guns that I don't use or don't shoot. I don't know why the new found fascination with Glock, but I have acquired several lately. I always seem to migrate toward revolvers and they will always be my go to guns, but Glocks seem to have a certain mistique to them. I personally feel that Glocks are well designed and can be safely carried as long as the first tool used is common sense.

Excellent work, citizen! :D I have also, personally, taken it upon myself to help those with unwanted Glocks. I will gladly take them off their owners hands, for a fee, and place them in a good home (mine) to be loved and cared for...to give them a forever home. ;)

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    XD is the way to be!!! :rockwoot:

image.php
    Rep +1 to goinggreyfast. XDs simply put great gun and safe, period.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    you dont feel comfortable carrying a glock but ur carrying something with a light trigger pull? How do u feel about carrying a revolver? A glock is a revolver with a slide...

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    you dont feel comfortable carrying a glock but ur carrying something with a light trigger pull? How do u feel about carrying a revolver? A glock is a revolver with a slide...
    Kinda have to disagree with that statement, the cylinder on a revolver has to be rotated for the gun to be cocked and in a proper fitting holster, you can’t rotate the cylinder.

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    *basically a DA revolver with a slide, keep your finger off the trigger it wont go bang

+1 to all the XD fans out there jsut bought some more stuff for mine today

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have 4 Glocks myself and have own several others. I've never like the "lack" of safties either. I wouldn't ever get rid of the ones I have now though.

I also sometimes carry and really like the HK USP. I wish Glock would come out with a lever safety/decocker like the one on the USP's.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Okay...I will play stupid. What are the problems associated with carrying a loaded Glock? I've never owned one or shot one. I have been considering on and off of getting a 19, but if there are "tricks" to carrying it, I'm not so sure I want to go down that avenue. What are the differences between a 1911 and a Glock?

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy
    Yea, I turn 35 this month and have been thinking weird thoughts. I am pondering the thought of a new 1911 to carry, or maybe just carry my original. Either way, I am some how getting back to the classics and I am not sure why, but it sure feels good:rockwoot:

ETA: my past old school:
    DSC_0850.jpg

my favorite gun:
    DSC_0463.jpg

Put down the crack pipe and think of what you are saying!

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy
    Okay...I will play stupid. What are the problems associated with carrying a loaded Glock? I've never owned one or shot one. I have been considering on and off of getting a 19, but if there are "tricks" to carrying it, I'm not so sure I want to go down that avenue. What are the differences between a 1911 and a Glock?

Biggest difference is 1911 needs about $2k in custom work to be reliable... now the Glock goes bang everytime!

uh oh I gained weight... can't get my flame suit on anymore!!!!

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    I wont carry anything that is incapable of recocking via trigger pull should I have a hard primer issue. That being said, I actually wished I had some Glocks recently. I ended up selling some toys for a new toy, would have loved to have sold off Glocks instead!

Personally, IF I liked Glocks and had a bunch, I'd keep most of them. You know you'll regret selling later.

Top Bottom