• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Ok, The girlfreind was willing to snap a couple of pics of some options I prefer.
    I am 5'6, -135 and carry everyday.
    I'll start with saying "dress to carry" a button up over a white T etc.
    Another thing is choose a gun that works for what you want. I love to carry my beretta or a P226 however I have found that a bit smaller gun "in my case a KAHR" can be worth its weight in gold as an everyday carry gun.
    here are a couple pics of my favorite "most comfortable" ways to carry, first with the KAHR and second with a 92fs.
    "she wasn't going to do a photo shoot or anything:):, but I she took these real quick.
    First is a KAHR CW9 in a galco "cop series" pancake holster I use in forward kant.
    1gp4e0.jpg

2hocxg0.jpg

ie49xk.jpg

4qk6ra.jpg

----Second is a Beretta 92fs in a Safari Land paddle holster...
    2e0qvfc.jpg

126coz8.jpg

2zspm5e.jpg

Both of these have served me well, both work well when sitting in the car, on the couch Etc.
    Basicly there are several good ways to conceal/carry a handgun, you just have to try things until you find what works for you...
    At Midwest up north here you can take your unloaded gun in with you and try various holsters from their wall of holsters to find what wroks best for you. Mabey you can find a shop locally who allows you to do the same.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I'm 5'10"/155'. I usually carry a Colt officer' model (3" .45ACP) IWB with a Mitch Rosen "workman special" with the shirt untucked or sweatshirt etc. I also use a "belly band" holster to carry "tucked in" (holds tighter to the body with minimal holster thickness).
    Sometimes I cheat and carry a .380 if I feel a needfor "deep" concealment.
    If you're wearing a T shirt, you obviosly need to be careful how you move/bend so you don't print.

dye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Price usually equals quality. Like everyone else has said. The IWB Crossbreed Supertuck (get the horsehide) and a good stiff belt (Beltman.net) are my combo for EDC. Spend the extra $$ and get the stiffnener sewn into the belt. You will get used to carrying it. I carry my XD 45c daily at about the 4:30 position. Most of the tiem, I don't even realize I have it on. Looser fit clothing is also key. Another good option is the Galco concealment holster. It is OWB, but the way it is shaped and made, it pulls the weapon really tight against your waist. It's a little more comfortable, and will be easier to cover now that fall and winter are on the way. Sweater and sweatshirt season makes it easier to keep the gun covered.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I am 5'4 and 145lbs and I carry a Taurus PT92AR in an uncle Mikes IWB holster. It actually conceals well. I could carry something smaller but I am comfortable with the beretta type setup. I have to have a good thick belt and make it snug but not tight. The gun stays secure and the only time I really notice it is when I sit down but as long as you have your belt tight enough the gun doesnt poke you. Needless to say belt carry is basically out of the question since my Taurus is such a large gun. I usually dress in an untucked button up shirt. You really have to first choose and be proficient with the gun you want then get a decent holster and adjust your dress around your gun. With you carrying a micro 1911 it shouldnt be that hard.

amhenry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Bloomington
    In warm weather my EDC is a Gen 2.5 Glock 30 IWB at 4 o'clock. I carry an extra G21 mag at 8 o'clock. During colder weather, under a jacket etc, I usually go OWB with either my G30, M&P 9mm full size, or G19 w/ TLR-1.

I'm 5'9" and 140.

As far as holsters go, I enjoy making my own, so they're fit specifically for me. Even if you don't end up making more than one or two holsters for yourself, heating up some kydex and taking a stab at it is worthwhile.

Last edited:

loony1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 17, 2010
    Southside Indy
    i am exactly your build, and this is a pic i took for a earlier INGO thread (don't ask).
    DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0241.jpg

This is what i am carrying now, a xd 9mm, 3 inch bbl w/crossbreed holster. I am 34 and i stopped carrying a 1911 when i was 19, too heavy of a pistol. The crossbreed holster gives me alot of flexibility on my cc, pic was to prove basketball shorts were GTG.

Top Bottom