Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    This is kinda old news.

Lowe?s ordered to pay 2x4 settlement | HBS Dealer

On a related note, I hate all mechanics because some lie about what's wrong with the car.

"Consumers should expect when making product purchases that retailers are providing accurate information especially when misinformation could adversely affect building projects that more often than not rely on precise measurements," said District Attorney Ed Berberian.

Consumers should actually do some research and learn about the job they're doing.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've seen stickers on dimensional lumber at Lowes that says: 2x4, then in tiny print: 1.5"x3.5". This is the reason.

the next thing they're going to claim is that they should have told you you need a 1/2 inch of plywood between the 2 bys when framing a header...to which I would say...you shouldn't be framing an opening.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    the next thing they're going to claim is that they should have told you you need a 1/2 inch of plywood between the 2 bys when framing a header...to which I would say...you shouldn't be framing an opening.

You are about the first lawyer since Lincoln that a man can have an actual conversation with about such things......

12_lincolns_mallet_dynamic_lighting_2_med_res.jpg

2Tales-from-the-TS.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I was annoyed when my dad gave me some used 2x10 cedar board he had for a deck project. I bought "2x10" hangers and then found out the cedar was true dimension. Heh

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    A suitable punishment would be to give them all actual 2 and 4 by 4's to complete their projects as nearly everything is sized for use with standard lumber dimensions.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Only in Merica! That's why they have to put "Caution Hot" on hot coffee cups at McDonalds.

Karma had a way of weeding out stupid people, now because of the nany society we live in they are breeding like rats.

No, no, this stuff totally happens in Europe - it's just metric.

Top Bottom