• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Can we sue for "self tapping" screws that wouldn't tap into a marshmallow?

I built a squirrel baffle recently. Using stove pipe, self tapping screws, a pipe end cap, and some angle brackets. The stove pipe required me to use a chisel to open up the tongue so the groove could fit, the end cap popped into two pieces when I went to cut a slit into it, and the self tapping screws needed either pilot holes or judicious use of cursing and tongue-held-just-right.

I wouldn't mind suing over those pointed pieces of tin foil they pass off as "nails" now, too. Remember when nails were made in the US out of actual metal?

I'm betting you wouldn't have trouble finding any number of lawyers for about any kind of law suit. These guys work hard. They're the ditch diggers of the educated. The toilet cleaners of the Phd.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    I love metric, but hate it when they sneak a mix of metric and standard fasteners into a vehicle. My old nissan all metric, great....., my 62 ford all standard, no problem, my mid 80's blazr........both aaaaaaaaaaargh.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Back in my dealership days, we used to say that if you have 10, 13, 15 and 18 mm wrenches, you can pretty much disassemble and rebuld any GM product from about 1988 on.

Top Bottom