• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Sometimes the badge doesn't even help. I was carrying CC at one of the local Malls some years ago. Security officer saw the weapon through my white shirt (my mistake) and freaked out. Showing her my Special Deputy badge didn't work; had to show her my ID to calm her down. I'm surprised she could read it...

warmachine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    East Central Indiana
    . He was trying to CC but was printing bad. I noticed that first.

He laughed and said he wasn't a cop, like being a cop was a bad thing. So I said, what's up with the badge? He told me it was his concealed carry badge and proceeded to pop it off his belt and toss it to me. I said WTF is this? Told me he bought it at Don's.

I couldn't help but give a big belly laugh and told him to each their own but that piece of tin is retarded. If you're trying to CC, why are you advertising with a badge and btw...you're printing something fierce. You might as well OC. I :poop: you not he says OC is illegal in Indiana.

Let's count it down

Gay CC Badge - Check
    Printing while trying to CC - Check
    Not even knowing his rights to OC - Check
    Him and his pals scoffing at me like I'm the idiot - Check

I think he passed the dillhole test with flying colors. He should keep the badge and display it proudly.

Man that sounds like my brother in law. Hes such an idiot looking for approval and trying to act tough and smart. Hell he told me that he bought rounds for his Mil. Pro .45 (which he thinks is the coolest weapon made to date. Not knocking it but come on.) for $15/100. I about :poop: my pants and almost shot milk through my nose after he said that. Me and another gun always talk guns since we're the husbands of friends, and he happened to be around and overheard us talking and chimed in. I dont like to bully people but this kid is a know it all, cant tell me nothin kind of guy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Badges? Did someone say badges?

mybadgeTIAB.gif

:D :lmfao: :D

TJSieling

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Watched a history channel show not long ago about Jesse James. The show spent some time following around some researchers looking for evidence of stashed cash and hide outs etc. All these guys were OCing and had badges on their belts. Had to pause the show (thank you DVR) to get a good look, sure enough "Carry" Badges. I'm guessing one of these things is the fastest way to get slapped with an 'impersonating and officer' charge if you ever did have to use you gun, or jumped in and helped in a deadly situation.... but then again maybe the sight of a badge will make the criminals realize how much of a BA you really are and they'll decide to go somewhere else. I'm patiently waiting for someone here to fess up to owning one of these things. I doubt they will, but with this site growing everyday and the lack of knowledge and common sense that we all periodically display here the odds are somebody's got one.... so who's got the balls to admit it? :ingo:

I admit that I thought about getting one, and the only reason I didn't get one is because there were none I liked (still a kid at heart, and Halloween is still my favorite holiday because I can be a samurai).

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No ya weren't. You just realized we were joking about the wimmins losing their inhibitions at the mere sight of the badge :D

There's an "assume the position" joke hanging out there...

The kid I sold an old car to this spring had a CCW badge on his belt. I asked him why he got it, and he said that he thought it would keep the bad guys away. I just said "oh" in response and beat feet out of there.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Saw those at the 1500 & thought "What kind of redneck moron would carry "Concealed" then wear a sign saying "Hey, look at me, I've got a GUN"! Then I noticed the vendor was wearing one. I had to chuckle.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you dont like the idea of the badge you can go with this: :D

ccwbanner.jpg

I guess the "idea" (well I guess it can be called "idea" even if its not a bright one) behind that is not to wear this all the time but somehow pull it out of your pocket and put it around your shoulder while you draw your gun with both hands and the same time.
    And then when the police gets here I guess you stand like that still holding your gun hoping they wont shoot you because you have a cool "CCW" yellow miss-america-type-of-thing banner on you.

I wonder what they will come up with next ... :dunno:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    I admit I bought one of these badges for my friend. Her husband got deployed to Iraq which left an attractive lady home alone with her then two year old son. I convinced her to go to the range with me and try out a few different firearms for home defense with the approval of her husband. She fell head over heals with the passion to shoot. She called me to meet her a local gun store and pick out her first of now five different firearms from rifle,pistol, and shotgun. When she got her LTCH I gave her the badge for her B-day. It was more of a trophy with her name and her first gun engraved on it. She loves it just for the sense of accomplishment of doing something new that was at first very scary to her, and excelling at it. Now I hate shooting trap with her because she makes me work way to hard to keep up. Her husband is home safe and sound and scolds me because she wants a Kimber 1911. All this to say I have no regrets for the purchase, sorry to disappoint.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I admit I bought one of these badges for my friend. Her husband got deployed to Iraq which left an attractive lady home alone with her then two year old son. I convinced her to go to the range with me and try out a few different firearms for home defense with the approval of her husband. She fell head over heals with the passion to shoot. She called me to meet her a local gun store and pick out her first of now five different firearms from rifle,pistol, and shotgun. When she got her LTCH I gave her the badge for her B-day. It was more of a trophy with her name and her first gun engraved on it. She loves it just for the sense of accomplishment of doing something new that was at first very scary to her, and excelling at it. Now I hate shooting trap with her because she makes me work way to hard to keep up. Her husband is home safe and sound and scolds me because she wants a Kimber 1911. All this to say I have no regrets for the purchase, sorry to disappoint.

In that case its different I guess, it makes a cool trophy.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle

THIS post made reading through the whole, long thread worthwhile to me! I really enjoy hearing about women who will step up, discover a fun hobby, and learn to protect themselves from harm all at the same time! AWESOME story! :rockwoot: And yes, this is the only time I think a CCW badge would be a good thing.

Top Bottom