• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Yeah, I could use about a 14.5" LOP for my build. I would like to work with my factory stock to save some money and have a challenge. I'll have to see. I know I don't want a thumbhole stock or any of the space age looking types. Maybe something with the LOP I want and a cheek riser would be nice.

I don't know what an Archangel stock looks like. I'll go look it up. With a name like that, I have a feeling it's not for me.:)
    I chose the AATS1022 stock, got it from amazon for right at $100. It is solid black, and not a real 'thumbhole" style stock. i find it more "traditional" than most of the laminated and other fiberglass stocks I have seen.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I put one together using a Volquartsen lightweight carbon fiber barrel and a Volquartsen trigger kit along with a Dragunov stock. I used a 12X airgun scope with adjustable parallax and with all of this I am able to regularly shoot sub-dime sized groups at 75yds indoors (longest I have access too) with regular CCI Mini Mags or most any other ammo I have.
    I can't see handicapping mysef with a heavy barrel when a light one does just fine and is much easier to carry and looks cool to boot.

Don't the CCI Mini-Mags damage the barrel?? I put a Volquartsen barrel on my 10/22, but with the compensator attached. (Better looking but not functional) I swear they told me to just use lead ammo (not jacketed bullets) and to only clean the barrel by pulling a swab through it with solvent (Hoppes). I am sure they warned about not using a bore brush even, as it would scratch the finish in the bore.

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    I forgot to add that I put the Volquartsen carbon-fiber barrel on my 10-22 and also the Hogue over-moulded stock and a Leupold scope and I really like it! It is lightweight as well as accurate enough for me, and great fun to shoot!

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just incase you were interested, midway has the Archangel target stock for $79.61 shipped. As of this post there are still 17 at that price, that is a great deal and a great target stock for bull bbls.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Just incase you were interested, midway has the Archangel target stock for $79.61 shipped. As of this post there are still 17 at that price, that is a great deal and a great target stock for bull bbls.
    Yeah, snap that up......i paid $100/ shipped.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    It's an interesting looking stock. Just not what I am looking for.
    I understand completely, I guess my encouragement was directed at anyone who may be watching the thread. Good price. Good luck with your build too!!! Lots of options, you will find something you like.....and, later, if you change your mind.....there will be plenty to choose from then as well. It's a fun hobby.

cubstuff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Indiana
    I did nothing on my Ruger 10/22 other than installing a Stainless Bull barrel. It did increase the accuracy of it (Plus it looks awesome as well).

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I dig the old school stuff
    OCOBeab.jpg
    Nice looking finger groove there, hookeye.

Top Bottom