• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Everyone has their opinion and their own reasons for them. If this problem stemmed from ONE thing then it would be a lot easier to address. However it is not. There are a mixture of different reasons people become addicts and a mixture of reasons they remain addicts. Every person has a story and I love hearing their story. I've sat with countless families telling their deceased family member's story to me (natural or not). While I'm not a medic or an EMT, my job is still to help my fellow humans. I don't have a crystal ball or ESP that tells me that the person dying at my feet is worth my effort to help them. I don't presume to know their worth. It's easy to say you'll do this or that until you are touching one.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Everyone has their opinion and their own reasons for them. If this problem stemmed from ONE thing then it would be a lot easier to address. However it is not. There are a mixture of different reasons people become addicts and a mixture of reasons they remain addicts. Every person has a story and I love hearing their story. I've sat with countless families telling their deceased family member's story to me (natural or not). While I'm not a medic or an EMT, my job is still to help my fellow humans. I don't have a crystal ball or ESP that tells me that the person dying at my feet is worth my effort to help them. I don't presume to know their worth. It's easy to say you'll do this or that until you are touching one.

Incredibly well said and excellent point Denny

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana

I agree with this and is well stated; but when you keep coming across the same person(s) needing narcan over and over, day in and day out it does make it harder to WANT to keep helping them and have compassion for them. For a lot of people their comes that point where enough is enough for them to want to help or care.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Dry out camps. Administer free Narcon once. The second time it costs 6 mo in a dry out camp.

Do the same for DUI's.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I can not even begin to imagine doing what you have to do in your job.

Blessings on you and those who share these burdens.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Horse, smack, etc., has been around for a long time but the recent trouble is because of fentanyl, a product manufactured in china and distributed through mexico. It's much cheaper for a cartel to buy the fentanyl from china than it is to buy opium, morphine, heroin etc and a little goes a long way. The chinese and mexicans make money from this deal and here in America, we pay. Our government has "spoken" to the chinese government about putting more regulation on the manufacturers of fentanyl in china but having personally experienced dealing with chinese business leadership I don't believe that will go any further than paying the mexican government to talk to the cartels.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    and that is why I say, narcan isn't the answer. Oh how I wish it was. I wish we could find an answer.
    Denny, we've seen a lot of the same things. We live in the same area as we work. I've heard of the constant thefts, home break ins, porch thefts etc. in this area.
    Like you, I don't presume to know their worth. I know they have family, someone who really cares about them. I am not trained to administer narcan, I do not have the protective barriers I need to stay safe myself, to give CPR, Chest Compressions, anything. If they have snorted, I could OD as well if they have it on them. One OD I called on, snorted and IMPD warned me to clean the bathroom down very well, and to make sure I wore gloves etc to protect myself.
    I really am not heartless, I just can't give anymore.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK people. We are nearing the lines. We all have opinions and we will all share them. In A civil manner. I really do not want to put anyone off the playground for a while. Lets say 2019.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    No disrespect intended. I was naive once but after living through two alcoholic brother -in-laws and one opium addicted son I got educated. I'll take two drunks any day over one addict. Once again my apologies. This subject gets me on edge pretty quickly.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    No disrespect intended. I was naive once but after living through two alcoholic brother -in-laws and one opium addicted son I got educated. I'll take two drunks any day over one addict. Once again my apologies. This subject gets me on edge pretty quickly.

And it does the same to me for the very same reasons. I understand.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    OK people. We are nearing the lines. We all have opinions and we will all share them. In A civil manner. I really do not want to put anyone off the playground for a while. Lets say 2019.

6xq5Czj.gif

Top Bottom