• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    How do you go from demanding LaPierre’s resignation to re-electing him unanimously?

EBULPVFULQI6PG4TXFYEHZL2EI.jpg

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.
    I find myself torn on this, because I have legitimate questions regarding the NRA’s use of funds and their support of red flag laws and the bump stock ban.

On the other hand, I do see their involvement (especially with the ILA) in informing in regards to federal and state movements, and they do wonders for youth shooting, safety and basic firearms training, and other programs.

So, I don’t know. I’d like to send a little bit extra that I have to support gun rights, but what’s the smart play? NRA? GOA? 2nd Amendment Foundation? FPC?

Really, I don’t know what else we are going to hear about this situation, but it is disheartening. I want to be a wise, involved steward of what has been given, and donate wisely. I’m just not sure how to do that just now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My question would be, who counts the vote?

I thought is was a major accounting firm like EY or Deloitte.

I can't imagine they would lie about the votes. There would be nothing to stop someone that voted against to come out and say so.
    I believe he meant the votes of the membership for the board of directors.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

Wow, what a bold and amazing letter Rob Pincus wrote! I did not know about the retirement issue of employees and the depth of the possible cronyism.

Like I said in post #214 https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...62362-time-drain-nra-swamp-6.html#post7909305

I have lost count of those who have said we can't give up on this cancer patient. But at this point I believe it is misguided to think you can save a patient when there is now more cancer than patient left.

Our time would be better spent supporting and endorsing an organization that is more concerned about protecting constitutional rights rather than fleecing it's members for cash.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    The anti-gunners are loving it......watching us eat our own!

Don't abandon, help change. Just like our government, people give up so easily. Just throw in the towel when something goes sour.....

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south

Don't abandon, help change. Just like our government, people give up so easily. Just throw in the towel when something goes sour.....

Just putting "rifle" in their name doesn't make them mine. As gglass noted, there are several times they missed the mark and supported new restrictive gun control measures (and he didn't list all of them). As I have previously posted, I have fundamental disagreements with their message and principles. When they decide they want to lobby to repeal 18usc922, rather than insisting the government enforce it at gunpoint, then they will be on my side. But like I said, that's a fundamental difference.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Don't abandon, help change.

Yep, just like how our founding fathers should have not abandoned the crown. They should have stayed with England to help change things. I'm sure that would have turned out far better than a liberty focused republic.

Tell me, how is that change going in the last 10 years? Multiple people have tried to run who advocate for change, but somehow most of them keep losing. And for the few who advocated for change and were elected, please tell me about all the radical change they accomplished while in office.

Seems to me me we keep getting more of the same thing. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I don’t support everything my elected officials that I voted for due so why would I think that any group would be perfect. I will try and voice my concerns to the NRA but I will still support them as they are still the 800 pound gorilla and they do a lot of good as well.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I agree with the Mainstream Media, Libprogocrats and Gun-Grabbers in general.

NRA bad disband it.

Orange Man BAD impeach him.

afcolt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    Madison Co.

Pursuing this path for a moment, what is the best way to do so within the NRA? Just throwing out the general question: what can the average NRA member do to promote accountability and help with change? What avenues are effective and open?

If those can be identified and pursued, that’s a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    First a unanimous vote with absolutely no one questioning what is going on with regards to financial concerns or future vision concerns???

https://www.americanrifleman.org/ar...ierre-and-other-officers-elected-unanimously/

Then Rob Pincus writes a letter that, if true, should cause great concern for the NRA membership masses.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...-to-nra-board-members-from-a-former-employee/

Now we have gun media who are revealing additional concerning information that, if true, should shake the NRA membership to the core.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/nr...7-ZtrTo8xkIxvZO3PdO1ErFQWZJhPsA#axzz5mDc6yUe8

I keep seeing people say that we can't give up on the NRA and the members need to change it. Apparently these people believe we never will have any other options for organizations who will protect our 2nd amendment rights.

Please, tell me how this can be done? I am still waiting for someone to give me an action plan on how to fix the NRA. The members have been trying to change it, especially in the last 8 years or so, with no success. As an individual member, how can change happen? Voting for people who want change? For some reason, it is rare for those who want change to be voted into the NRA and the few that do are not able to gain any traction.

I keep hearing that because of its large size, we cannot move to anyone else. How do you think the NRA got so large? You do realize that from the 1st day the NRA was born, it was not an instant multi-million member organization. There are other pro 2nd amendment organizations out there. If the NRA does happen to disappear, then those same members can go to one of the other organizations of their choosing. And if those members of the NRA don't move to other 2nd amendment organizations if the NRA dissolves, then were they really true 2nd amendment supporters or just fair weather gun owners?

I know that many who are still supporting the NRA are honestly trying to do their best to protect our 2nd amendment. But I think those same people don't realize that their unconditional and unquestioned support has created an atmosphere that has enabled the NRA to become as dysfunctional as it currently is.

Nothing good happens in secrecy and when there is no accountability.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with the Mainstream Media, Libprogocrats and Gun-Grabbers in general.

NRA bad disband it.

Orange Man BAD impeach him.

Or:

1. Better to fix what’s wrong with the NRA. Doing that isn’t all that subjective.

2. Better to put up a candidate who is better than Trump. In this case “better” IS subjective. But if indeed Orange man bad, let’s figure that out at the poles two Novembers from now.

Top Bottom