• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Exactly. But now, apparently "gender" is a choice. Biology be damned.

Sex is biological, and I guess gender is too somewhat. Sex is male/female. Gender is masculine/feminine. Most men are masculine, most women are feminine, but sometimes either nature or nurture gets its wires crossed.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Sex is biological, and I guess gender is too somewhat. Sex is male/female. Gender is masculine/feminine. Most men are masculine, most women are feminine, but sometimes either nature or nurture gets its wires crossed.
    But thanks to surgery and hormone treatments that line is being blurred. It's all mental illness if you ask me.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Chosen pronouns, "woke" corporations, social engineering utilizing a principle that truth, morals, and reality are what each individual gets to decide for themselves... This is not sustainable. The current populist ideologies are pushing hard for this agenda and even use it as virtue signaling. Corporations and media are shoveling this manure as fast as they can to capture market share.

We are a society destroying itself with this kind of individualism. If rules, values, morals and truths are to be determined on an individual basis then there is no society. No social construct, no social order, no social agreement on what words mean or what benefits society, a nation or a group as a whole. Society, will deteriorate until a new authority is put into place to create order.

Our weakness (as a society) will beg (already is) for a ruler to define what is real and how we need to behave. Not how we should behave based upon a shared code or moral principle that benefits society as a group, but how we should behave to not offend or ostracize anyone who wishes to not be part of an agreed upon/shared code.

Game Over friends.

Where's that link to the song, "Am I the only one?"

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Chosen pronouns, "woke" corporations, social engineering utilizing a principle that truth, morals, and reality are what each individual gets to decide for themselves... This is not sustainable. The current populist ideologies are pushing hard for this agenda and even use it as virtue signaling. Corporations and media are shoveling this manure as fast as they can to capture market share.

We are a society destroying itself with this kind of individualism. If rules, values, morals and truths are to be determined on an individual basis then there is no society. No social construct, no social order, no social agreement on what words mean or what benefits society, a nation or a group as a whole. Society, will deteriorate until a new authority is put into place to create order.

Our weakness (as a society) will beg (already is) for a ruler to define what is real and how we need to behave. Not how we should behave based upon a shared code or moral principle that benefits society as a group, but how we should behave to not offend or ostracize anyone who wishes to not be part of an agreed upon/shared code.

Game Over friends.

Where's that link to the song, "Am I the only one?"
    Karl, you don’t post a lot but when you do it is spot on to what ever topic you are responding to. Your post says what I feel and have been for years.
    Game over.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Karl, you don’t post a lot but when you do it is spot on to what ever topic you are responding to. Your post says what I feel and have been for years.
    Game over.
    Thanks CM. It helps to know that maybe I am not completely nuts.

I don't want to see this happen, but I believe that we have gone too far to turn this around without some... major changes. Major changes that are gonna hurt and suck for everyone.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    What are nontran's sports? And FTR, I agree completely with this bill.
    Sports that have been setup to allow only natural women or natural men. I still believe allowing trans to ruin women’s sports is the most efficient way to put an end to the madness. Allow trans to create an entire new group that will be completely against their movement.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just determine the average hormone levels of males and females. An athlete who maintains the appropriate hormone levels for a year (or however long the medical community says is necessary to provide equality) can compete as that gender. This will also address any unusual endocrine conditions which might result in skewed hormone levels among apparently normal males and females.
    No.

No amount of estrogen given to a person who went through puberty as a male will ever make them female.

Look at the swimmer at the center of this BS. "She" is a dude. Tall, broad shouldered, narrow hips. All that is thanks to male puberty. It can't be undone. Cut off the junk, add some breast implants, load up on estrogen, it don't matter.

You still have the musculoskeletal system of a man.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    No.

No amount of estrogen given to a person who went through puberty as a male will ever make them female.

Look at the swimmer at the center of this BS. "She" is a dude. Tall, broad shouldered, narrow hips. All that is thanks to male puberty. It can't be undone. Cut off the junk, add some breast implants, load up on estrogen, it don't matter.

You still have the musculoskeletal system of a man.
    Men also generally have larger hands/feet compared to a same sized female. Which help a lot in swimming and other sports. Same with lung capacity.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I came to say something else, but I found this interesting. Wasn't one of the key ideas behind the founding of this country "individual liberty"? The idea that in individual has the supreme right to self determination. The following quote is from the Center for Live and Liberty, I don't know anything about them, so if they are some extremist group, I apologize. The quote sums up what I wanted to say better than what I was coming up with:

"Individual liberty, religious and otherwise, was the primary reason the Pilgrims and others undertook the arduous and dangerous voyage to these shores some four hundred years ago. It is also the foundation for our system of government as designed by the Founders, despite recent attempts to subvert it."

What I wanted to say is about sports. Forgetting the hot button issue, is sex the best way to split up people for sports? Sports is mostly about genetic freaks. Elijah Wood from Lord of the Rings is 5'5 and weighs 141 lbs. Even if he had great athletic ability he would still have no chance in the WNBA let alone the regular NBA. Is that fair?

Top Bottom