• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I came to say something else, but I found this interesting. Wasn't one of the key ideas behind the founding of this country "individual liberty"? The idea that in individual has the supreme right to self determination. The following quote is from the Center for Live and Liberty, I don't know anything about them, so if they are some extremist group, I apologize. The quote sums up what I wanted to say better than what I was coming up with:

"Individual liberty, religious and otherwise, was the primary reason the Pilgrims and others undertook the arduous and dangerous voyage to these shores some four hundred years ago. It is also the foundation for our system of government as designed by the Founders, despite recent attempts to subvert it."

What I wanted to say is about sports. Forgetting the hot button issue, is sex the best way to split up people for sports? Sports is mostly about genetic freaks. Elijah Wood from Lord of the Rings is 5'5 and weighs 141 lbs. Even if he had great athletic ability he would still have no chance in the WNBA let alone the regular NBA. Is that fair?
    Why do we have to tear apart sports that are divided by sex? Why not add a trans team to each sport that wants one? If there isn’t enough participants, it’s no different than any other sex divided sport that doesn’t have enough participants. No one in search of their own individual liberty has the right to infringe on other’s individual liberty to get what they perceive as liberty. Trans are not girls and are not boys, they are as they have chosen to be, trans. They need to participate in trans centric sports teams without destroying existing sex centric sports teams.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Why do we have to tear apart sports that are divided by sex? Why not add a trans team to each sport that wants one? If there isn’t enough participants, it’s no different than any other sex divided sport that doesn’t have enough participants. No one in search of their own individual liberty has the right to infringe on other’s individual liberty to get what they perceive as liberty. Trans are not girls and are not boys, they are as they have chosen to be, trans. They need to participate in trans centric sports teams without destroying existing sex centric sports teams.
    Or... and I know this sounds crazy... you could stick with the junk you were born with, and seek mental health care if you feel that it was the wrong junk for how you "feel".

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I didn't say we should "tear apart" sports. I just asked a question to try to get above the emotional hotpoint., and I gave the reason right in my post. Do we have to do things a certain way because that's the way we've always done it. Or are we done thinking and were just supposed to be reactionary and mad about everything?

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I didn't say we should "tear apart" sports. I just asked a question to try to get above the emotional hotpoint., and I gave the reason right in my post. Do we have to do things a certain way because that's the way we've always done it. Or are we done thinking and were just supposed to be reactionary and mad about everything?
    I guess we could eliminate age as a factor in what level of sport you are allowed to be in. Why not put former college players on a high school team to bring home that state title?

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    I came to say something else, but I found this interesting. Wasn't one of the key ideas behind the founding of this country "individual liberty"? The idea that in individual has the supreme right to self determination. The following quote is from the Center for Live and Liberty, I don't know anything about them, so if they are some extremist group, I apologize. The quote sums up what I wanted to say better than what I was coming up with:

"Individual liberty, religious and otherwise, was the primary reason the Pilgrims and others undertook the arduous and dangerous voyage to these shores some four hundred years ago. It is also the foundation for our system of government as designed by the Founders, despite recent attempts to subvert it."
    I agree with you on your points about individual liberty. That is an ideal this nation was founded upon. Within that framework is a group understanding of the social construct/agreement about how one's individual liberty interfaces with the group as a whole.

Do you believe the Pilgrims came here with the idea that they were going to partake in an anarchistic social system? Did they not participate in ostracism/expulsion/exile from their settlements? Individual liberty to pursue whatever anyone desired was NOT one one of their goals.

Quick search:

I don't know how to really have a conversation about this topic via a BBS without endless walls of text. It is extensive and can be debated to no end.

Every social group develops an order for interaction. Mores, social values and laws govern (and limit) the actions of the individual. The current sort of individualism I was referring to intentionally and willfully aims to destroy the foundation of the values held by the majority and silence criticism.

Honestly, if someone wishes to participate in homosexuality, cross-dressing, dying their hair rainbow colors, whatever they wish to pursue in the privacy of their own lives (unless it involves harming children) is alright with me under the guise of personal liberty and individual freedom.

What is destroying our society are people not willing to enjoy their freedom without feeling the need to have it validated by society at large. "Pride" parades are an example of an extreme in-your-face event. "We're here, we're queer, get used to it"...got it, heard it.

It isn't the private acts or lifestyles that I see as having breeched our social agreements. It is the exercise of one group's personal freedoms being forced (via propaganda, virtue signaling, social engineering) upon another group, that also has the personal freedom to not endorse or celebrate the first group's freedoms, that is screwing everything up.

Example:
    A homosexual tells me that I have to accept their lifestyle. I say I am not a homosexual.
    A homosexual tells me they have been oppressed. I say that I am not oppressing anyone.
    A homosexual tells me that they are the way they are and should be free to do as they wish. I say fine, you be you.
    A homosexual tells me they need special protections from those that hate them. I ask why they feel the need to keep telling everyone they are a homosexual.
    A homosexual tells me they need acceptance in our society. I say everybody deals with the issue of acceptance beginning with the time of adolescence.
    Eventually I get labeled as a "hater" because I won't celebrate their homosexuality. Wait, what? Where was my choice of what I can determine for myself to celebrate? What happened to my "Supreme right of self-determination"?

As far as the trans issues go (back to the original topic of this thread). Why is it so repugnant to label gender-dysphoria a mental illness? I know, as late as the 1970s homosexuality was considered a mental illness. Right? But that definition has changed. This has been a change to our society. Trans-rights are also a changing topic for our society. Why cannot society (defined as a majority of citizens) decide that genital mutilation, hormone therapies for minors, drag-queen story hour and school field-trips to drag bars are something we collectively do not wish to endorse?

Why does society at large not have that right? Oh, personal liberty and individual freedom. Is that your take on it? So one segment of society gets to enjoy personal liberties and freedoms (and governmental protections) and put them on display, to revel in front of everyone, while another has it's opinion silenced.

History shows this doesn't bode well for any society.

As an encore: You might want to look deeper into how the original ideas of individual liberty for this country were conceived and nurtured vs how they were applied and are now misrepresented. You can try the Whiskey Rebellion for a start.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    . Elijah Wood from Lord of the Rings is 5'5 and weighs 141 lbs. Even if he had great athletic ability he would still have no chance in the WNBA let alone the regular NBA. Is that fair?
    Bet your ass it is fair. Not everyone can be great at everything. How well could an NBA player act?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    What I wanted to say is about sports. Forgetting the hot button issue, is sex the best way to split up people for sports? Sports is mostly about genetic freaks. Elijah Wood from Lord of the Rings is 5'5 and weighs 141 lbs. Even if he had great athletic ability he would still have no chance in the WNBA let alone the regular NBA. Is that fair?
    Yes, sex is the best way we have today of a basic division. Females and males have a much different potential when it comes to physical attributes. The "freak" female will be below the level of a huge number of males in the same category. This is why we have these mediocre male athletes dominate female sports.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I guess we could eliminate age as a factor in what level of sport you are allowed to be in. Why not put former college players on a high school team to bring home that state title?

“Age is just a number”
    Works well for the pedos out there.
    Would tie in with the trans crowd.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    There are age limits on HS play but not in college. I have laughed that an easy way to blow this up is to help them along instead of fighting them. Have about 60 guys that were good basketball players, that did not go to four colleges, enroll as trans, take over the womens basketball teams and win the ncaa championship with two all trans teams.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Bet your ass it is fair. Not everyone can be great at everything. How well could an NBA player act?
    So isn't the major complaint that the trans athletes have an unFAIR advantage? You moved the bar to "not everyone can be great". We have leagues for a reason, majors, minors, varsity, JV etc. If we want people to be able to compete on an even playing field, maybe there is a different way to sort the leagues.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    There are age limits on HS play but not in college. I have laughed that an easy way to blow this up is to help them along instead of fighting them. Have about 60 guys that were good basketball players, that did not go to four colleges, enroll as trans, take over the womens basketball teams and win the ncaa championship with two all trans teams.
    I'd say that would be just desserts for academia since they seem to be the culprits who have facilitated all this BS.

1677686629933.png

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    <snip>wall of text</sip>

Do you believe the Pilgrims came here with the idea that they were going to partake in an anarchistic social system? Did they not participate in ostracism/expulsion/exile from their settlements? Individual liberty to pursue whatever anyone desired was NOT one one of their goals.

Why does society at large not have that right? Oh, personal liberty and individual freedom. Is that your take on it? So one segment of society gets to enjoy personal liberties and freedoms (and governmental protections) and put them on display, to revel in front of everyone, while another has it's opinion silenced.

History shows this doesn't bode well for any society.

As an encore: You might want to look deeper into how the original ideas of individual liberty for this country were conceived and nurtured vs how they were applied and are now misrepresented. You can try the Whiskey Rebellion for a start.

Serious discussions often take "walls of text". Most of what passes for public discourse now is "soundbite" shouting. So good for you on expression actual thought.

I think a lot of groups came here so they could do their own thing. It is also true that a lot of groups just want their chance to be the oppressors.

History REALLY doesn't bode well for societies that have raw majority rule or ones that let politicians decide which groups are fit. I don't want politicians messing around in medical care and you don't either. When you allow that, eventually "the other side" is in power and their agenda will be different.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Serious discussions often take "walls of text". Most of what passes for public discourse now is "soundbite" shouting. So good for you on expression actual thought.

I think a lot of groups came here so they could do their own thing. It is also true that a lot of groups just want their chance to be the oppressors.

History REALLY doesn't bode well for societies that have raw majority rule or ones that let politicians decide which groups are fit. I don't want politicians messing around in medical care and you don't either. When you allow that, eventually "the other side" is in power and their agenda will be different.
    If you're willing to look at it, history shows no social construct has fared well beyond the time period that a majority has been able to retain power and control . Be it a homogenous group by race, ethnicity or cultural background, there has to be a willingness to agree to a set of rules for all involved.

That's what made The Founder's attempts at creating our nation a great experiment. They drafted documentation that limited the powers of the government. Instead of defining a way that the people were to be ruled, they attempted to create a way for the people to be in control the government.

Not long after it's creation did the cracks start to appear. The greedy and the power-hungry were still able to find ways to secure control and riches for themselves. Ironically, it seems that The Founders weren't able to see this. Or were they?

1677687554804.png

Unfortunately, the unraveling would be the same that causes the downfall of all men.

Who decides on acceptable religion? The people.
    Who decides on acceptable morals? The people.
    Who agrees that everyone needs to adhere to the same rules so that society itself can prosper? The people.

What happens when the system goes awry and the people can no longer agree on a common goal?

I will defend until my last that the United States and Capitalist system has done better, for more, than any other system yet invented or tried. Is it perfect and stain-free? No, but show me what has worked better.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    that is age discrimination using the same excuse used by the trans activists . If someone hasn’t received a high school diploma they should be able to return and play high school sports regardless of age as long as they are enrolled in that school.

Top Bottom