• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Maybe he works in police/fire/ems. Ask someone whos seen the effects of road rash on the skull if its a good idea to ride on any open vehicle with no overhead protection without a helmet. Of course, its your right to do as you please, much like its the OP's right to share his desire for his INGO motorcycle riders to not use their face as a means of stopping their forward momentum. I dont understand the resistance so many people have to things like this. I suppose its slightly rebellious? Living on the edge type thinking? Its the same with seatbelts. If you dont want to use them, thats on you, and I would never try to make someone use them who doesnt want to. I dont think it should be a law. If you want to go through the windshield when you hit something, thats on you. But I will never understand the mindset of those who choose to live that way. They must not care about being around for their children and spouses...

No point pointing out all the other unsafe things we do in life, its not an argument your going to win, because facts are facts, and their not in support of your argument. Still, its YOUR life... But theres nothing wrong with someone expressing their beliefs. This is 'Merica afterall...

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I've investigated many fatality motorcycle crashes in my career. Of them, only 2 have not had helmets. Mostly what I see at the autopsies are injuries that did not matter if a helmet was worn or not.
    I personally do not wear a helmet unless I'm in a state that requires one by law. My choice.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Bill-Cosby-Jello-GIF.gif

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    My organ donor status is noted on my driver's license. If it is my day to go, I hope your father can use my kidney(s).

Neither a helmet nor a seat belt will matter if my time is up. I spent several years responding to accident calls and seen many dead people who were securely strapped into their seat. Some were killed because they were wearing a seat belt. I was in an accident last year when we were t-boned. Neither my husband nor I were wearing seat belts and neither of us were injured. Of course, the police report says we were wearing them because the cop never asked and marked it that way on his report since we were walking around uninjured when he arrived on the scene and he apparently assumed seat belts were being used.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    My organ donor status is noted on my driver's license. If it is my day to go, I hope your father can use my kidney(s).

Neither a helmet nor a seat belt will matter if my time is up. I spent several years responding to accident calls and seen many dead people who were securely strapped into their seat. Some were killed because they were wearing a seat belt. I was in an accident last year when we were t-boned. Neither my husband nor I were wearing seat belts and neither of us were injured. Of course, the police report says we were wearing them because the cop never asked and marked it that way on his report since we were walking around uninjured when he arrived on the scene and he apparently assumed seat belts were being used.
    I'm glad you still have your organs mom, I would miss you!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Easily the most morbid topic ever.

Hope your dad gets a kidney, but openly wishing death upon people who make a specific, legal choice is sad.

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    Please, please, please continue to ride without helmets!

My dad has just gone onto the "active" list for a kidney transplant...and the sooner the better!

-J-

This just in: man riding motorcycle without a helmet hit a tree and died...oh great news for you.....oh crap there's more. After man hit the tree a branch broke loose and fell from above rupturing his kidney. Damn this karma crap just is not for you.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    'Murica!!!

**** YEAH!!! FREEDOM MOTHER ****ERS!!! :patriot:

You have the freedom not to wear one but a helmet is also a great place to display your patriotism.You can paint it, put stickers, patches and whatnot.And still be a :cool: freedom lover with a helmet.

I wear one when I ride my bicyle.

patrioric-bike-rider.jpg

Top Bottom