• ...and so much more!
  • A UTR event is coming to your area, do you:

• Total voters

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'd probably be "attending" on duty, so I suppose "observe both sides while armed".

If not in an official capacity, I'd be at Ft. Living Room.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I would stay home. I look at this as a battle between a bunch of Nazis and a bunch of Bolsheviks. I don't have a side in that battle. I just feel bad that LE has to be involved.

I think you we can almost universally agree that the Nazi group, to a man were bad people. And I don't think anyone in that group could reasonably tell anyone else that they weren't all racists. I think we can also agree that the Antifa group, to a man were also bad people. However, Antifa wasn't core of that group. There were lots of other people there, who were matching against the Nazis, simply because they disagreed with their views. Antifa has a pretty well documented history, of simply showing up and getting violent. So if one wants to make an equivalency, it's between the Nazis and Antifa, not the Nazis and Counter-Protesters.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I attended two 2A rallies held downtown Indy. We took pictures and talked to the anti-protesters who gathered across the street. There was no violence and both sides had signs that were questionable in taste, but there was no yelling or insults exchanged. I can actually understand why people would go to these rallies, but in today's climate, they will only produce trouble and serve no benefit.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I attended two 2A rallies held downtown Indy. We took pictures and talked to the anti-protesters who gathered across the street. There was no violence and both sides had signs that were questionable in taste, but there was no yelling or insults exchanged. I can actually understand why people would go to these rallies, but in today's climate, they will only produce trouble and serve no benefit.

I'm not going to any rally, as a protester or supporter. Too many variables that I don't have control over.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    What phylodog said.

THIS ^^^^^

I voted observe both, armed, but I probably would just watch on tv .....

not even near the "gathering" .....

Too much chance, of getting hurt, or arrested .....

I don't believe, that "people", are "superior", to one another .....

We are all here, we all have different background,

and experience, and we ALL can LEARN, something, from someone,

and we ALL can TEACH someone something .....

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not going to any rally, as a protester or supporter. Too many variables that I don't have control over.

I understand. Those meant a lot to me at the time. Things have changed now and I wouldn't try to attend these days. I'm just saying I can understand why people attend them. Everybody doesn't go to start trouble.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Watch it on TV , Livestream, comment on social media, WHILE ARMED, AND EATING BACON!!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'll do what I normally do with this ****. I will go about my business doing what I normally do (armed) and read about it later on INGO.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I understand. Those meant a lot to me at the time. Things have changed now and I wouldn't try to attend these days. I'm just saying I can understand why people attend them. Everybody doesn't go to start trouble.
    My thoughts have evolved on this, even over the weekend.

Initially, I was sympathetic to the counter-protesters. I could totally see myself joining in that. Philosophically, it reflects much of what I stand for personally.

But, going to Kut's point, that puts many variables outside my control, including what groups might join in that I *don't* agree with.

And, for that matter, a generic "Unite the Right" event meant as a Republican outreach would be something I'd think about attending.

Right now, it just isn't that simple. We should all be careful about who purports to represent "us."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    One of the few "rallies" I have attended in my day was a counter-rally to Klan rally in our sleepy little town.

Our anti-Klan rally was staged at the same time, but in a different location so as to not draw attention to the small, but loud Klan members and their pitiful display. We out-drew them by several multiples.

Less potential for violence. Less screaming (maybe feels good, but accomplishes nothing). Less unpredictability.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I didn't counter protest BLM and I wouldn't protest the "Alt-Right", neither group is deserving of my time or attention as neither serves to improve anything. Acknowledging them gives them the legitimacy they crave, ignore them and they'll go away. If they choose to allow their gathering to turn violent or involve destruction of property lock them up and allow the courts to deal with them.

^^^^This^^^^

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At it's core the recent problem was failure on the part of local leadership. The statue and the park belong to the residents of the city which they are supposed to represent. Put a keep or dispose of question on the ballot of the next election and it remains a local issue which it should have been all along.

Nobody wanted the nazis marching in Skokie, but it's a free country. As long as the constitution is as written a city will have to face this issue or get beaten in court.

City leadership should address these problems for what they are, expensive problems that have the potential of creating the sort of mess recently on tv. Leadership posturing in front of tv cameras while people die and property is destroyed just demonstrates that they are incapable of doing the jobs they were elected to do.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    One of the few "rallies" I have attended in my day was a counter-rally to Klan rally in our sleepy little town.

Our anti-Klan rally was staged at the same time, but in a different location so as to not draw attention to the small, but loud Klan members and their pitiful display. We out-drew them by several multiples.

Less potential for violence. Less screaming (maybe feels good, but accomplishes nothing). Less unpredictability.

This is pure speculation, but I don't believe Charlottesville was structurally prepared for what happened. Hopefully, Indiana jurisdictions (and across the country) will be better prepared. I think Charlottesville only has a population of about 50k. Imagine Bloomington or West Lafayette having to deal with this.

SwikLS

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2015
    The Bunker
    I went to a Tea Party protest/rally held outside the Capitol buildings back in 2010ish and it was nothing like these so-called protests we're seeing today.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    This is pure speculation, but I don't believe Charlottesville was structurally prepared for what happened. Hopefully, Indiana jurisdictions (and across the country) will be better prepared. I think Charlottesville only has a population of about 50k. Imagine Bloomington or West Lafayette having to deal with this.

Unfortunately I heard there's one scheduled for Boston next weekend. If so I hope Boston is more prepared than Charlottesville.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I can guarantee Boston is more prepared than Charlottesville. Part of it is a numbers game. Boston's hosted hundreds (thousands?) of events drawing tens of thousands of people. They have the manpower (or can get it) and the expertise.

IMHO, Indy does, too. Outside of that, I'm not sure what Indiana municipality would also be able to handle what happened in Charlottesville.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Stay at home and watch. If it was in the street in front of my house. I would be armed more heavily than normal.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I can guarantee Boston is more prepared than Charlottesville. Part of it is a numbers game. Boston's hosted hundreds (thousands?) of events drawing tens of thousands of people. They have the manpower (or can get it) and the expertise.

IMHO, Indy does, too. Outside of that, I'm not sure what Indiana municipality would also be able to handle what happened in Charlottesville.

Although I think your right As larger cities tend to be more prepared based on all the kinds of things that make them more capable I still pray that is the case.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Indy invented the "mega crowd", IE the Indy 500.

Sorry the young snowfake got clipped but principles aren't worth squat until it costs something.

One thing is for sure........the communist kids think this is a green light to step up the nasty. Be advised.

2 totally innocent LEO'S died as well. If you look at the sheeple media that's all but forgotten. A fact that should speak the loudest.

It will be fall sheeple ball season soon, then winter. By spring it will be more panem et circensus

Top Bottom