• ...and so much more!
  • A UTR event is coming to your area, do you:

• Total voters

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Hell no I'm not gonna join. I'm semi offended this post was even made. I have relatives that died fighting that crap. :xmad:
    I'm not sure how to understand this post.

I mean, died fighting which crap? The UTR groups or the counter groups? Both sides have their uglies.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Q: do torches count as being armed?
    Q: "Torches" as in flashlights or as in sticks of fire?

A: Actually, for purposes of this thread, to the extent I can impose definitions, no. I meant "armed" as in "firearm" armed. Because, you know, this is a gun forum, not a lighting forum. :)

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    Nothing good can happen if i show up at an event like that.

If I went, I would either be in the counter group or an observer. In either case I would be armed, even more so than normal. But wouldn't that violate the MOST BASIC RULE OF PERSONAL PROTECTION (AKA the 4 rules of stupid). Don't go to STUPID places at STUPID times, to do STUPID things with STUPID people.

Anyone going to this event would be going into an environment KNOWING there is a high likelihood of violence. I try to avoid going to places where there is a high likelihood that I may need to shoot someone, unless I have a REALLY GOOD reason. Watching some dumbasses whine that their precious statue is being removed isn't good enough for me.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I'm not sure how to understand this post.

I mean, died fighting which crap? The UTR groups or the counter groups? Both sides have their uglies.
    I understand exactly what he is saying (unless I am completely off base). I had an uncle that was a POW of the Nazis and I will never be able to abide them or any group that would associate with them. Of course growing up in the Cold War, I don't have much better feelings toward the commies either...

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I understand exactly what he is saying (unless I am completely off base). I had an uncle that was a POW of the Nazis and I will never be able to abide them or any group that would associate with them. Of course growing up in the Cold War, I don't have much better feelings toward the commies either...
    Well, I *think* that's the way it was meant, too.

I'm just not sure why my thread would be even semi-offensive, as I included every permutation I could think of (except none of the above and bacon).

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Well, I *think* that's the way it was meant, too.

I'm just not sure why my thread would be even semi-offensive, as I included every permutation I could think of (except none of the above and bacon).

Perhaps asking whether one would join UTR...given who is purportedly trying to do the uniting, is seen as a charge that some INGOers would​ want to join them, regardless of the other options.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Perhaps asking whether one would join UTR...given who is purportedly trying to do the uniting, is seen as a charge that some INGOers would​ want to join them, regardless of the other options.
    Honestly, I believe some INGOers would. That's why I included it.

I think I'm on their ignore list, though, so maybe they don't even see the thread. Also not sure if they have the courage of their convictions to actually say they would join the UTR side.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honestly, I believe some INGOers would. That's why I included it...

I don't see this as impossible, but that's what I think was going on.

I have posited the "bullet in the furnace" theory in the past- to summarize, if you aren't the person being described....you aren't the person being described, so there's no reason to be offended.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

I have posited the "bullet in the furnace" theory in the past- to summarize, if you aren't the person being described....you aren't the person being described, so there's no reason to be offended.
    WTF is that supposed to mean?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Ah, right.

Allow me to interpret.

Hough is saying that if you can shoot a bullet into a furnace without being burned, you are a witch.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Id stay in my home unless they were in my front yard. Then id get out there gran torino style. Gotta protect my lawn.

Top Bottom