• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    For years, my mother has complained that my dad buys too much toilet paper. Every time he goes to the store, he buys a pack. They probably have a full pallet of toilet paper stuffed in various places throughout the house.

My dad must be a prophet.

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    eqTaXzyl.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    As is kinda being discussed in the coronavirus thread, this is uncharted territory for the US, and our culture. People don't have a template for how to respond.

In those kinds of situations, humans look at what other humans are doing and do that. There's a sense that the other person must know something that we don't know or have a better handle on what could happen, so we follow.

There's also alot of fear and anxiety based on the unknown. Fear is a bad basis for decision-making, many times.

Most people who aren't on INGO probably have never real thought about what might be necessary in an emergency. They are not only unprepared in terms of consumer items, they are mentally unprepared. That also feeds the fear of the unknown and irrational decisionmaking.

I certainly don't claim to be fully prepared, but I have a clearer idea of what to look for than many of the people I see. We can meet the current/new expectations for bugging in. And, so far, we're ahead of the curve in what we're buying. So that's good.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    As is kinda being discussed in the coronavirus thread, this is uncharted territory for the US, and our culture. People don't have a template for how to respond.

In those kinds of situations, humans look at what other humans are doing and do that. There's a sense that the other person must know something that we don't know or have a better handle on what could happen, so we follow.

There's also alot of fear and anxiety based on the unknown. Fear is a bad basis for decision-making, many times.

Most people who aren't on INGO probably have never real thought about what might be necessary in an emergency. They are not only unprepared in terms of consumer items, they are mentally unprepared. That also feeds the fear of the unknown and irrational decisionmaking.

I certainly don't claim to be fully prepared, but I have a clearer idea of what to look for than many of the people I see. We can meet the current/new expectations for bugging in. And, so far, we're ahead of the curve in what we're buying. So that's good.

^^^^ That’s it in a nut shell.

GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    This is just an example of the sheeple reacting. As stated......its like the run on ammo wed saw after sandy hook. People live day to day. This is just the tip. Nothing will ever be the same after this insanity. And I truly believe it is media driven.

Swine flu comes to mind.

Media driven by the deep state.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had to talk to my wife last night about how much she uses - you don't need a quarter roll each time you pee. It's like she's wrapping up her hand in makeshift mittens to go snowmobiling.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    We don't and cannot trust our government, our media, and our institutions. That lack of trust creates the conditions for the irrational panics you see. When a reasonable journalist says that they do not know where to get accurate information on Coronavirus we are in deep s**t. So go buy the paper to wipe...

I’m so frustrated right now … that we can’t trust the media to tell us the truth without inflaming it to hurt Trump … that Trump has misled so many times we no longer know when to trust his word … that even I as a journalist am not sure where to turn for real info on COVID.— Megyn Kelly (@megynkelly) March 12, 2020

https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/1...-trust-makes-it-harder-to-address-a-pandemic/

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    https://victorygirlsblog.com/media-sensationalizing-the-coronavirus/

[FONT=&quot]According to University of California, Irvine associate professor E. Alison Holman, the toilet paper push likely originated from articles about stocking up before the virus’s spread. From her interview in “The Washington Times,[/FONT]
    A week ago, there were a handful of articles in major newspapers saying, here’s what you should do to prepare for the coronavirus. And one of the top things that was listed on at least two or three websites — major media outlets — was: Buy toilet paper,” Ms. Holman said. “I think some of the freak-out about getting toilet paper has to do with that.”
    [FONT=&quot]Major media outlets advise the public to buy toilet paper, and the next thing we see is them reporting the bare shelves and bare knuckle brawls over booty paper. Create the problem (Buy TP!), sensationalize the problem (Bare Shelves!), then place blame for the problem (privileged hoarders stockpile TP). They could end this with one report, like the one from “The Raw Story,[/FONT]
    The U.S. has been mass producing toilet paper since the late 1800s. And while other industries like shoe manufacturing have fled the country, toilet paper manufacturing has not. Today there are almost 150 U.S. companies making this product.”
    [FONT=&quot]We manufacture toilet paper in the USA. If we get to the point where the presses stop rolling, the lack of toilet paper will be the least of our worries.[/FONT]

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Humans are primates

1. Weapons - Other primates will take your stuff

2. Clean Water - Gotta have it

3. Food - We as primates can eat just about anything and we have thumbs

4. Shelter/Fire - We don’t have fur

We don’t have to use TP many countries do not use anything more than fingers!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_hygiene

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Oh, and 90% of the TP used in the U.S. is made in the U.S., most of the remaining 10% is made in Mexico or Canada, NOT CHINA!

https://theconversation.com/theres-...fJ9AksOvL7mx_TVGClYpoyO7cYPECLqbGvS5BfKzkZBi0

Stop making excuses for anti-social and ignorant behavior.

BTW- the situation may call for what some call "price gouging."

Out of curiousity I looked at Ebay last night and there were over 5000 listings. One guy was selling it by the square. Most were undoubtedly gag listings but I wonder how many will actually be sold and shipped via ebay.

Top Bottom