Tom Petty unconscious, sent to hospital in cardiac arrest. (Update: passed away)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    did he really not die???

I thought it was weird they announced brain dead and pulled plug within a few hours honestly. If you survive a cardiac arrest you cool them for 24-48h and then check

They did this with me. I was chilled for 24 hrs. I am alive because of it and some great doctoring and nurse care.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    From Tom's official accounts

DLL98S4U8AI4pQY.jpg:large

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    IMHO, Mr Petty was part of one of the best live performances ever...

[video=youtube;6SFNW5F8K9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y[/video]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    IMHO, Mr Petty was part of one of the best live performances ever...

[video=youtube;6SFNW5F8K9Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y[/video]

That performance ranks up there with Elvis on Ed Sullivan, Hendrix at Woodstock, Michael Jackson at Motown 25th, Nivana MTV awards, Queen at Wembly, and a handful of others.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    That performance ranks up there with Elvis on Ed Sullivan, Hendrix at Woodstock, Michael Jackson at Motown 25th, Nivana MTV awards, Queen at Wembly, and a handful of others.

True.

But it's the only one I find myself watching at least weekly. I would love to know who the genius was that put it together.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    RIP Tom.....You, like others, were the soundtrack of my life.......LRS 102 $1.02 concert in 1976....Walter Egan was the main act and you opened up for him...All of us in 7th grade for the life of us could not figure out why you were not the main act...The fact one has to google to see who Walter Egan is and we all know who you are is telling....

May God Bless You and comfort your family during this time...

[video=youtube;Ik_ciMowBq0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik_ciMowBq0[/video]

Last edited:

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    True.

But it's the only one I find myself watching at least weekly. I would love to know who the genius was that put it together.

I found out recently that Clapton played the lead guitar on the Beatle's original cut of the song. It wasn't Harrison.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Woah, nice work!

Also, remake of flatliners is coming out. Are you going to see it?

That was a good but strange movie. I will for sure see the remake!

FWIW, I was the 3rd person to have the procedure done at that hospital. I actually know the very first guy. It's an amazing procedure. I would not be here today without it. A few years later I lost my wife to Ovarian cancer. My son would have lost both of his parents if they had not done what they did for me. I am thankful for it everyday. Although I would trade my life gladly for my wife to be here instead.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    did he really not die???

I thought it was weird they announced brain dead and pulled plug within a few hours honestly. If you survive a cardiac arrest you cool them for 24-48h and then check

Does it make a difference how fast the patient received initial care after the arrest? I can't tell if his wife found him immediately after he arrested or if she just walked in, found him unresponsive, and who knows how long his heart had been stopped. Maybe too long before they got him to artificial life support?

Whatever the case, tough, I read that interview where he said this was his last big tour and from now on it's grandkids time. Tough break for him and them.

Top Bottom