• texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Administrator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Sanger
    Sorry for the delay, trying to find a place that works with gun sites, they have an odd way of loading ads and it seems to ignore the DON'T SHOW TO MEMBER code added to it. They are 100% gone now, so flush you cache if you need. Sorry for any hassle, these were never supposed to show to members.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I stumbled on this yesterday while I was looking for a way into the site. It doesn't say ad free for members. I don't know if I heard it somewhere or if it's a thing now. I don't mind ads. It pays the bills. I was having what someone said is malicious pop ups. Everything is back to normal. Thanks Texkev.

vHSHcxA.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are things like this really relevant to INGO?

Especially something that is most likely going to result in malware?

The gaudy "polls" on the bottom-of-the-page posts are at least semi-related... but these sorts just seem odd.

Usually don't see any of this stuff, but accidentally opened the page in a non-Chrome browser.

wSHeutk.png

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

The gaudy "polls" on the bottom-of-the-page posts are at least semi-related... but these sorts just seem odd.

Usually don't see any of this stuff, but accidentally opened the page in a non-Chrome browser.

wSHeutk.png

in the search for advertising to pay the way to keep the lights on I am sure "EVERYTHING" that will pay is relevant to Ingo.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would be willing to bet that INGO just sells the right to advertise to a third party and does not pick who may and may not advertise via that pathway. I am sure they could exercize some control if there was truly offensive or dangerous content but would most likely not want to be involved more than they had to be at a granular level

dvd1955

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Howard County

wSHeutk.png

I was seeing these earlier today then noticed I wasn't logged in. After logging in, haven't seen it again. I think running CC Cleaner removes the "stay logged in" cache.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was seeing these earlier today then noticed I wasn't logged in. After logging in, haven't seen it again. I think running CC Cleaner removes the "stay logged in" cache.

There's a setting in C Cleaner that will keep saved log-ins. I need to figure out how to do it with my Spybot Search & Destroy. I had it set so it wouldn't but after one of the last upgrades it got wiped out. Makes it a pain in the butt to have to reset everything.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If you are visiting non-member you will see a lot of ads. Tex has to pay the bills.
    There are things in the works and things in the works are not free. That's why it spins me up when folks who use the forum a lot do not support it.

Oh well. Cheap is as cheap does.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If you are visiting non-member you will see a lot of ads. Tex has to pay the bills.
    There are things in the works and things in the works are not free. That's why it spins me up when folks who use the forum a lot do not support it.

That reminds me... I need to see when I need to re-up my Site Supporter status.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Crap, now you’re shaming me. I guess I’ll have to pony up the $20, so I need 4 runners to send me $25 so I can get them instant access. If I do pony up the $20, can I use the classy’s? I’ll NEVER get 50 quality posts.

Top Bottom