• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think site supporter gets rid of the pop ups.

Possibly. Seems like most of yours happen on your phone though. I wonder if it's more of a mobile carrier thing than an INGO thing? (Since you were showing pop ups for Verizon, etc.) :dunno: I rarely access INGO from my phone, (Android) but I've never had any popups there either. But then again, I have Straight Talk from Walmart and I think they use Verizon's network. I'm stumped.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Yeah, I am also still getting them on the desktop. Cleared cache. There are not as many as there were, but still popping up a long the bottom.

Ron

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Possibly. Seems like most of yours happen on your phone though. I wonder if it's more of a mobile carrier thing than an INGO thing? (Since you were showing pop ups for Verizon, etc.) :dunno: I rarely access INGO from my phone, (Android) but I've never had any popups there either. But then again, I have Straight Talk from Walmart and I think they use Verizon's network. I'm stumped.

I cleared cache in Google. Phone is on wifi. I'm guessing Google is my browser. Don't know. Wifi is uverse, but I don't know if it still uses Google as the browser. Problems were on both wifi and data. Seems ok now. Computerfoo isn't my thing. I still mail my taxes.

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    I am happy for all of you that is not having any problems. I am having them, and on just this site. I bet a lot of people are having the same problems.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I never logout and I never login from my phone, just my PC. It's obviously an INGO thing because I'm not getting any popups on any other sites such as Gunbroker.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT]

“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I guess maybe the more info the "boss" has the better to try and determine whats causing the issue?

I use my phone 100% of the time for INGO. Android/Virgin Mobile platform. I never log off. I usually clear my browser multiple times a day.
    Zero issues to date with pop up ads.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Ld1g6gr.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    zero issues here on phone or browser (multiple PCs). I use Firefox both on the phone and on the PCs to access INGO, and I'm not running any additional add ins or extensions for anything such as ad blocking.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Oops. Got a ghost pop up. Just an x on the lower screen. X'ed it and it dropped down.

Sig, clicking on/in a dialog box that you have no idea what it's associated with is not the best strategy, especially if your WIN 7, 8.1 or to a lesser extent 10. Just sayin'

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I spent some time watching network traffic to/from browser, and holy ****! C'mon man.

I'm a site supporter, logged in all the time. On my iPhone I can't use Safari when posting. The page randomly reloads every couple of minutes or so. I've lost enough fairly long posts to get pretty :xmad: about it. Using Firefox on iPhone fixed that. Using Firefox on my mac book now and that's where I checked traffic. Ad blocker isn't working; I'm getting popups at the bottom of the screen, so I'll have to check into that.

The only browsers I've tried that are usable for INGO are Firefox for iPhone, and Safari for OS X.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Opened INGO a few minutes ago and it tried to open a new tab! Closed it immediately even before my virus blocker warning that I am sure would have come.

Getting pop-ups at the bottom of the screen, now asking for a donation to the Salvation Army. Typing a bear due to the little window at the lower left "waiting for".

Cleared and reset everything and still just short of not being able to use my favorite site.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I'm not getting any of this, haven't seen a pop up or ad in a long time on INGO. Using Firefox on Linux with a VPN and both Ublock and Ad Blocker Plus. I turned off ABP a week or so ago to see if anything changed. Nothing did on any site I visit. I don't have the little 'loading' messages in the lower left of the browser on INGO either. I sometimes get them on other sites but none here.

This weekend I'll disable Ublock and see what happens.

Edit: Just disabled Ublock and still not getting anything. I did forget that I'm also using NoScript script blocker as well. As soon as I disabled that I started to get ads and the 'loading' list of crap in the corner.

Last edited:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Per my prior note, I had one pop up at the bottom of the screen one time. Now this morning suddenly, I started getting it again and I couldn't get rid of it. I cleared my caches, deleted cookies and came back to the site and pop up appeared again.

Mac OS with Safari. Everything current version.

AMMO USER

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    I aLSO CLEARDED Everthing out again this morning, and logged back in. Still the same old ads, and what ever is running trying to establish a connection.

Top Bottom