• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MacAnon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    I sent the guy a message on Facebook:

"You arent exactly painting gun owners in a positive light. First you go on TV wearing your pea shooter with the trigger exposed. Now you have your pro drug profile linked to the Occupy BR With Guns page for the world to see. I would take part in this but I feel you are making us all look bad."

Will let you all know what he replies.

Looking forward to his reply...

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Is this Wang Red Spice Illegal? If not I see it no different than if she were holding a handgun, of which nobody on here would have a problem with.

I don't know the guy, but why is everyone so quick to judge him without knowing him?

I am sure many of you pointing the finger have done worse in your lifetime.

While I agree with your point about people judging other people without knowing them, do you really think the media will care if they KNOW him or not on a personal level?

If they would see his Facebook page, they would paint the entire Broad Ripple Movement as a bunch of gun brandishing, pot smoking, whiskey drinking thugs. Do I think this guy is a bad guy? Absolutely not, as I don't know him. However, everyone knows what the media does with social pages such as his...they'll crucify him without even getting his side of the story.

If you're going to make yourself the "leader" of a movement or if you're going to speak on behalf of the movement, you better make sure your ducks are in a row.

breas1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Indy
    What an idiot. Nothing but bad press for INGO and gun owners. Ask the Christian groups how well talking to drunks about your views goes. Complete waste of time people there want to get drunk. I'm surprised fox didn't have a field day with this guys Facebook with all the spice/pot and booze. Way to go, you give gun owners a bad name everywhere. And showing off your lcp really cool. I want to be a tactical ninja with a pocket clip and lcp too.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    What an idiot. Nothing but bad press for INGO and gun owners. Ask the Christian groups how well talking to drunks about your views goes. Complete waste of time.

Why bad press for INGO? There is no relation other than a "gun" and being in "indiana"

I don't believe this dude is even a member. And this was not started or organized on INGO. INGO does not have sanctioned events like this.

There is a member here promoting/putting the word out but that is no different than Fox59 running a story about it.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    While I agree with your point about people judging other people without knowing them, do you really think the media will care if they KNOW him or not on a personal level?

If they would see his Facebook page, they would paint the entire Broad Ripple Movement as a bunch of gun brandishing, pot smoking, whiskey drinking thugs. Do I think this guy is a bad guy? Absolutely not, as I don't know him. However, everyone knows what the media does with social pages such as his...they'll crucify him without even getting his side of the story.

If you're going to make yourself the "leader" of a movement or if you're going to speak on behalf of the movement, you better make sure your ducks are in a row.

Kent erdahl (fox59 reporter) contacted John through Facebook. They are aware. But it looks like the gun community judges a book by it's cover. I guess I better not see a single poster complaining about image here when
    Non gun carriers call the police or belittle you for your image.

Here's a real spinner for you guys. The founders who fought for your freedom in America owned slaves. Got drunk & smoked & owned guns. Which one of you are ready to distance yourself from that image?

In all seriousness why don't the prudes just start they're own "clean" image pro gun event?

Last edited:

MacAnon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2011
    :chillpill:
    Kent erdahl (fox59 reporter) contacted John through Facebook. They are aware. But it looks like the gun community judges a book by it's cover. I guess I better not see a single poster complaining about image here when

Here's a real spinner for you guys. The founders who fought for your freedom in America owned slaves. Got drunk & smoked & owned guns. Which one of you are ready to distance yourself from that image?

In all seriousness why not the prudes just start they're own "clean" image pro gun event?

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN

In all seriousness why don't the prudes just start they're own "clean" image pro gun event?

Hard to decipher tone on a forum, but I hope I have not upset you with anything that I've said. Your tone comes off as hostile, so I apologize if I've upset you.

I'm merely stating my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, that's fine by me.

In my opinion, I believe the media would have a field day with this guy's Facebook page. Fox 59 might not have yet, but I believe they could paint the entire pro-2A Broad Ripple Movement in a negative light because of his FB page.

I'm no saint, but I just thought it would have been a good idea for the "leader" or "spokesperson" of this event to clean up his Facebook page before folks begin to assume they know him based solely on his page.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

ponder.gif

Well, gee wiz....... having a slave sounds great on the surface..........
    but there is all that upkeep and housing to worry about.....
    might come up breaking even or having a loss on that deal.....

:n00b:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I'm no saint, but I just thought it would have been a good idea for the "leader" or "spokesperson" of this event to clean up his Facebook page before folks begin to assume they know him based solely on his page.

I do understand this point of view. The sad part is its not that complicated to change your setting on FB so no one can see any of your info, pictures, or post unless they have confirmed you as a friend.

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    Hard to decipher tone on a forum, but I hope I have not upset you with anything that I've said. Your tone comes off as hostile, so I apologize if I've upset you.

I'm merely stating my opinion. If you don't like my opinion, that's fine by me.

In my opinion, I believe the media would have a field day with this guy's Facebook page. Fox 59 might not have yet, but I believe they could paint the entire pro-2A Broad Ripple Movement in a negative light because of his FB page.

I apologize if I sound hostile. My response was in general to the idea of judging this individual. I'm not sure if spices or does pot I just assumed he was a libertarian both of which are significantly better than our slave owning founders no one here would distance themselves from.

I just find it ironic that the group who whines the most about not be judged by they're image (carrying a gun) judges others fellow lawful gun owner.

I don't know how mr hallgararth carries but I'm sure the media asked if he was carrying and asked to see. Why would anyone OC an
    Iwb carry?

I see alot of folks just being harsh. And I don't see any of them organizing a "professional & cleaned image OC in broadripple to educate the public on gun rights & laws in response to violent crime" event.

Just negative and dumping on people doing something good. Ohwell I'm done with this thread and I hope a mod closes or deletes this

4x4

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    I apologize if I sound hostile. My response was in general to the idea of judging this individual. I'm not sure if spices or does pot I just assumed he was a libertarian both of which are significantly better than our slave owning founders no one here would distance themselves from.

I just find it ironic that the group who whines the most about not be judged by they're image (carrying a gun) judges others fellow lawful gun owner.

I don't know how mr hallgararth carries but I'm sure the media asked if he was carrying and asked to see. Why would anyone OC an
    Iwb carry?

I see alot of folks just being harsh. And I don't see any of them organizing a "professional & cleaned image OC in broadripple to educate the public on gun rights & laws in response to violent crime" event.

Just negative and dumping on people doing something good. Ohwell I'm done with this thread and I hope a mod closes or deletes this

Going to screen shot it, give me a minute.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN

Iwb carry?

Its a MUCH different time. You can't say well the founding fathers did this and that. So what I (or someone else) is doing is okay. That is a ridiculous statement.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom