• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    But anyhow... back to your tonsillectomy. Best of luck with it! Yes it will be harder than if it had been done when you were 4 or 5, but you're 32, so you'll make it. I think my mom was in her late 50's or early 60's when she had hers out and it knocked her for a loop for a couple of weeks, so you'll be fine. :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I cant afford that and a give a show projector! Those things are collectibles, $470 online!

I would demand that your surgeon include the provision of a Give-A-Show projector as a part of your recovery therapy before consenting to the surgery. Harrumph! With the $470 savings, you will still have room in your budget for at least a surplus S&W model 10. And a couple of boxes of ammo!

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    About 1979 a woman in the neighborhood had the operation went home took some aspirin and bled to death.

Just trying to cheer you up!

I bet you have about a 78% chance of not dying?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I am here for you man got your back!

If you do start bleeding out run into the yard !

I witnessed where they had to remove the carpet after the women bled out.

Good luck don’t die!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Dude - I just did a spit take in my office!

My brother runs his own vasectomy clinic (and expanding to N. Indy)... he's got some good stories.

I got snipped about 27 years ago. The doctor that did it was good. After he had given me an injection to numb me up he said that hurt a bit didn't it. I answered yes and he said sorry but the good lord gave us two gonads and now I have to do the other side. After that all I felt was some tugging down there. He even showed me what he removed. Think he used super glue to close as I never had any stitches.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Had mine out when I was 20 (20 years ago now) and it sucked, bad. I didn't speak a word (and I'm a guy that never shuts up) for 2 solid weeks. I also didn't eat much. Good weight loss plan.

If I have any advice to offer, it's to attempt to sleep as much as possible. Whatever meds they had me on pretty well took care of that for me and I was glad to have them for that alone. I think during the first week I was up, maybe, 4 hours a day. Just enough to grab a shower, have some sprite or 7-up, then back to sleep. Before I went under the knife I bought a big pile of like 30 CDs (again... 1999) and I would listen to an album or two while waiting to sleep again. It worked well enough. Reading or TV was pretty much out... Too zonked out for that.

The second week I was back at work and walking around with post-it notes to communicate what I needed too. After 3 weeks, it was pretty much over. On the plus side, I don't think I've had a sore throat that wasn't gone in around a day ever since then. I was also sick for nearly 2 solid years before that, so I was very happy to make that stop.

Anyhow... Nothing to be afraid of. A couple of weeks of suckage and then it's over. If you're a thin guy now, you might want to bulk up a couple of pounds first. If you're not, good news!

Domino300

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Upper Sandusky
    I had a tonsillectomy at age 23 which was 47 years ago. Surgeon couldn't get the bleeding stopped so he had to put in stitches which didn't help the pain any. I'm still alive!

10thumbs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2015
    sw in
    My Mother's friend, back in the 30's, used to paint her tonsils with iodine every time she got a sore throat. On an infrequent doctor's visit, he asked her when she had gotten her tonsils out. Musta eaten them up little by little.
    By the way, what are tonsil stones?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/tonsil-stones-tonsilloliths-treatment-and-prevention#1
    Tonsil Stones (Tonsilloliths)

If someone asked you where stones can form in the human body, you might think of the kidneys. But, the kidneys aren't the only place. The tonsils are another location where hard, and sometimes, painful stones may develop in certain people.

What Causes Tonsil Stones?

Your tonsils are filled with nooks and crannies where bacteria and other materials, including dead cells and mucous, can become trapped. When this happens, the debris can become concentrated in white formations that occur in the pockets.
    Tonsil stones, or tonsilloliths, are formed when this trapped debris hardens, or calcifies. This tends to happen most often in people who have chronic inflammation in their tonsils or repeated bouts of tonsillitis.

While many people have small tonsilloliths that develop in their tonsils, it is quite rare to have a large and solidified tonsil stone.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I got snipped about 27 years ago. The doctor that did it was good. After he had given me an injection to numb me up he said that hurt a bit didn't it. I answered yes and he said sorry but the good lord gave us two gonads and now I have to do the other side. After that all I felt was some tugging down there. He even showed me what he removed. Think he used super glue to close as I never had any stitches.

Had mine out when I was 20 (20 years ago now) and it sucked, bad. I didn't speak a word (and I'm a guy that never shuts up) for 2 solid weeks. I also didn't eat much. Good weight loss plan.

If I have any advice to offer, it's to attempt to sleep as much as possible. Whatever meds they had me on pretty well took care of that for me and I was glad to have them for that alone. I think during the first week I was up, maybe, 4 hours a day. Just enough to grab a shower, have some sprite or 7-up, then back to sleep. Before I went under the knife I bought a big pile of like 30 CDs (again... 1999) and I would listen to an album or two while waiting to sleep again. It worked well enough. Reading or TV was pretty much out... Too zonked out for that.

The second week I was back at work and walking around with post-it notes to communicate what I needed too. After 3 weeks, it was pretty much over. On the plus side, I don't think I've had a sore throat that wasn't gone in around a day ever since then. I was also sick for nearly 2 solid years before that, so I was very happy to make that stop.

Anyhow... Nothing to be afraid of. A couple of weeks of suckage and then it's over. If you're a thin guy now, you might want to bulk up a couple of pounds first. If you're not, good news!

I had to make sure you weren't replying to the previous post. It would have been a lot funnier if you were! :):

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    I did at age 36. I have a had 2 disc replacements in my neck. Having my tonsils out made the disc replacements look like a cake walk. Dont want to scare you. STAY on the pain meds schedule, or you'll be sorry. Its pretty uncomfortable

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    This was probably before your time, but I remember it growing up as a kid.
    Sage advice from Fat Albert!

[video=youtube;Z0EqRfGFuhI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0EqRfGFuhI[/video]

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And, that statement that says not to drink alcohol with the pain meds is more of a guideline than a rule.

My doctor told me drinking hard alcohol will "Enhance the Flavor" of my Rx. He was all for it.

Lol I haven’t had a pain pill since I got my wisdom teeth out at 21. I remember it giving me a major case of the **** its, and making me talk non stop. Not sure if mixing alcohol with it will be a good idea, I’d end up shootered for sure! I’m not gonna have anything to do except ingo and sleep

Top Bottom