• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Had mine out when I was 20 (20 years ago now) and it sucked, bad. I didn't speak a word (and I'm a guy that never shuts up) for 2 solid weeks. I also didn't eat much. Good weight loss plan.

If I have any advice to offer, it's to attempt to sleep as much as possible. Whatever meds they had me on pretty well took care of that for me and I was glad to have them for that alone. I think during the first week I was up, maybe, 4 hours a day. Just enough to grab a shower, have some sprite or 7-up, then back to sleep. Before I went under the knife I bought a big pile of like 30 CDs (again... 1999) and I would listen to an album or two while waiting to sleep again. It worked well enough. Reading or TV was pretty much out... Too zonked out for that.

The second week I was back at work and walking around with post-it notes to communicate what I needed too. After 3 weeks, it was pretty much over. On the plus side, I don't think I've had a sore throat that wasn't gone in around a day ever since then. I was also sick for nearly 2 solid years before that, so I was very happy to make that stop.

Anyhow... Nothing to be afraid of. A couple of weeks of suckage and then it's over. If you're a thin guy now, you might want to bulk up a couple of pounds first. If you're not, good news!

I’m 6’4” and 205. I could lose 10 and be ok. I barely sleep now, about 5 hours a night, but plan on sleeping most of the 2 weeks. Only concern is really if it hemorrhages at some point

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well, if they take’em, at least you’ll shut up for a bit!:): Now, to find your Dr., have him change your charts to finger amputation, and we don’t have to hear what you type either!:D

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My doctor told me drinking hard alcohol will "Enhance the Flavor" of my Rx. He was all for it.

When I got my tonsils out I was prescribed a form of liquid Codeine. This was when I was in high school. One Friday night I slugged down a couple of swallows of the Codeine and chased it with at least 12 shots of vodka.

I don't remember much about that night other than it's probably in the top three instances of most ****ed up I've ever been.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    When I got my tonsils out I was prescribed a form of liquid Codeine. This was when I was in high school. One Friday night I slugged down a couple of swallows of the Codeine and chased it with at least 12 shots of vodka.

I don't remember much about that night other than it's probably in the top three instances of most ****ed up I've ever been.
    Top 3 hahaha.

He told me he was giving me pills but if I was having trouble call and he’d call in some liquid.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    What I envision is kinda “smoke lodge” situation you screwed up on pain meds!

We wear breech cloth’s and Drink whiskey I can break into some “prosperity preaching” !

I think after about 10 hours of male bonding we will be good?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

We wear breech cloth’s and Drink whiskey I can break into some “prosperity preaching” !

Loin cloths and male bonding are two combinations of words that should NEVER be uttered at the same time!?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Lol you can wear breech cloths, I’ll stick with jeans and a t shirt. But I’m all for some whiskey!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Sitting in recovery. Little loopy, so sorry if I’m more of an a hole than usual. I’ll be on pain meds for the next week or so, if I’m getting out of hand tell me to shut up or suspend me til I’m recovered and off meds. Sorry in advance. Love y’all here

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Sitting in recovery. Little loopy, so sorry if I’m more of an a hole than usual. I’ll be on pain meds for the next week or so, if I’m getting out of hand tell me to shut up or suspend me til I’m recovered and off meds. Sorry in advance. Love y’all here

So how did everything come out?

You should do a body part count just to be safe. :yesway:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Looking forward to hearing how you like your Give-A-Show projector! ;)

Top Bottom