• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    You heard right... I was shooting my G19 at some steel with some of my reloads. I was shooting 124gr plated bullets from Berrys. I was probalby shooting from about 15yds and all of a sudden i get knocked in the head and I was like WTF just happened. I looked down and there was a bullet laying by my feet. I then felt my forehead and i had a knot the size of a marble on my head. I was more surprised then anything. I am just curious to as why the bullet came back. Usually when i shoot this steel i find the bullets smushed and sometimes ill find them a few feet from the target. This bullet I picked up wasnt deformed much at all and somehow came straight back.

Always remember eye protection! Thats the moral of the story because sometimes **** happens.

btownie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2012
    Monroe County
    This kind of happened to me last week shooting my G26 but the bullet landed right at my feet. Not deformed at all. Just shooting into a pile of brush.:eek:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    Are you shooting Mild Steel?

You should check out some of Bobcat Steel's targets.

Im not sure what it is exactly. Its some steel we found and have been shooting for awhile now. It did start to get deformed a bit

If you are not shooting good steel (AS400 or AS500), when the surface changes from flat, you are making a bullet U-turn device.

Yea this steel wasnt anything quality so im not really sure what kind it is. I wont be shooting it anymore thats for sure lol

your one lucky guy that it didnt come back with more force.

yea no joke!! it didnt break skin but it definetly knocked me a good one

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    to soft of steel, or over used targets can get craters & dents.. they can turn a bullet and you can get a lethal hit .. make sure your steel is good quality & in good condition.. and is able to move when hit.. if the target is free to swing or fall it will absorb much of the energy..

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I've had this experience several times shooting at railroad tie backstops. You can sometimes see them coming and hear them wrrrrr by. Had a .22lr round come back with a lot of remaining velocity one time after hitting an uninflated tire while shooting at rats at the old Conner Prarie dump. That one still whizzed!

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The one Mythbuster that completely floored me was the testing of a viral video of shooting 9mm FMJ into ice and having the bullet bounce back and sit on the ice spinning. They were able to reproduce it repeatably, once they figured out the angle.

Physics can sometimes do things you don't expect and bite you in the ass.

Top Bottom