• ...and so much more!
  • Eric05

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    New Palestine
    Uhhhhh

This is a little unsettling for me. So what should I shoot at steel wise? Ive been using 9mm and 22LR at 50+ yards at MCFG targets they have there. I did take a 9mm, .40 and 30-30 to a Ford Rangers flywheel one time at 35-40 yards. Prolly was not the smartest idea I have ever had. :rolleyes:

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    I have have seen the results of a .38 wadcutter bounce back and striking a shooting partner in the center of his chest. I have been hit by small pieces at the range and even a .22 pellet bouncing back from an oak board.
    With all the slow-motion photography capabilities out there, this would make one heck of a good subject. Cameras at the target and shooting positions. Wonder if anyone has done it already?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    Im liking the way this looks! I think that would be a wonderful idea

I just need to find a free weekend for us and a location to have. We have done about a half dozen over the last two years.

If anyone is up for hosting such an event, shoot me a PM and we will discuss. typically no more than 20 people show.

With all the slow-motion photography capabilities out there, this would make one heck of a good subject. Cameras at the target and shooting positions. Wonder if anyone has done it already?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg[/ame]

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Out of curiosity (im a science nerd), what makes your (bobcat) steel different from other steel so that it doesn't cause ricochets? Thanks for any info!

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    We provide targets that are made from through hardened steel. AR400 and AR500 to be specific. AR500 is roughly four times harder than mild steel.

kazaam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2012
    Got it, thanks. How does an increase in hardness reduce ricochets? Ah, nevermind, i'll just look it up...being lazy. :cool:

Top Bottom