Top Shot - Jake is an arse..., but he's right.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    don't matter, once a quitter always a quitter. Just could'nt take the chance of being outshot by someone who in his eyes was not worthy

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    leavejakealone.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Im glad that idiot is gone. i wish Mike would have just rang his bell in the kitchen the other episode. Who just quits? Thats just stupid he could have atleast went to the challenge and just sat there. I cant believe they let someone that unstable on the show or own a firearm.

Last edited:

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Yeah...My wife and I watched it yesterday(I didnt read this thread until today to keep from spoiling the show).

The wife was pretty much jumping up and down and screaming with excitement when jake went home.

Im pulling for dustin to win it...He's my pick as well...He looks awkward when he shoots but he always gets the job done.

God bless
    -Shred

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    There is a lawyer who is also an inactive Navy SEAL who goes around and busts people who pretend to be SEALs. I'd love to see him dig into the life of Jake.

Just from what I have gathered on the internet, Jake was a SEAL officer for a couple of years. Made waves about how the SEAL's were not recruiting minorities. SEAL leadership said they didn't care about affirmative action, they simply wanted the best candidates. Jake filed a complaint. An independent investigator said there was no basis of discrimination in Jake's complaint. Jake resigned his commission. (One wonders if he was encouraged to do so?)

Personally, I find Jake to be a liar, and would not believe anything he says. If I was the AD of the college he is coaching at, I would be embarrassed, and fire him immediately. He has at least twice proven that when things do not go his way, he acts like a child and quits.

My wife may have put it best last night when we watched the show. When he said he wanted to go back home to see his wife my wife said, "He's married? Isn't she lucky."

:laugh:

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I was waiting for him to throw a chair across the basketball court....

Oh yeah... different coach, different time... :D

Seriously - Jake needs to grow the heck up. Most of us learn to leave the temper tantrums behind as kids. He appears socially undercooked in that department.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I saw somewhere where Jake was quoted as being a self-described non-conformist. What non-conformist in his/her right mind would want to go into the military? Do they think that they are going to get the military to conform to them?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    The show will just be back to being about shooting without him.

Man I wanted to see him get beat in elimination. Sad thing is, he probably would have won...

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    i also love the fact that former navy seal couldnt figure out that is safety was on.... glad to see him gone.... still think is very disrespectful to play up you military experience and then act like that disgusting

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Jake has sullied both the name and the ethos of the US Navy SEALs.

You can be that all the other SEALs who served with this whiner knew exactly what Jake would do when the heat was on. They know that once you're a quitter, you are always a quitter... He just happened to squeak through BUDs before his give-up attitude manifested itself.

Last edited:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    This is the SEAL Ethos. Does this sound like Jake?

Navy SEAL Ethos

In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life. I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

I serve with honor on and off the battlefield. The ability to control my emotions and my actions, regardless of circumstance, sets me apart from other men. Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond.

We expect to lead and be led. In the absence of orders I will take charge, lead my teammates and accomplish the mission. I lead by example in all situations.

I will never quit. I persevere and thrive on adversity. My Nation expects me to be physically harder and mentally stronger than my enemies. If knocked down, I will get back up, every time. I will draw on every remaining ounce of strength to protect my teammates and to accomplish our
    mission. I am never out of the fight.

We demand discipline. We expect innovation. The lives of my teammates and the success of our mission depend on me, my technical skill, tactical proficiency, and attention to detail. My training is never complete.

We train for war and fight to win. I stand ready to bring the full spectrum of combat power to bear in order to achieve my mission and the goals established by my country. The execution of my duties will be swift and violent when required yet guided by the very principles that I serve to defend.

Brave men have fought and died building the proud tradition and feared reputation that I am bound to uphold. In the worst of conditions, the legacy of my teammates steadies my resolve and silently guides my every deed. I will not fail.

Top Bottom