Top Shot - Jake is an arse..., but he's right.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Really wonder if they did a background check to see if he was a real deal SEAL. Can't imagine one of them quitting... period. They're supposed to be trained against quitting, giving up, throw in the towel, or "I don't care."

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Like I said in an earlier post, Jake has some issues that go back to childhood. He could be getting worse with age with a bi-polar problem that wasn't an issue when he served in the military. His behaviour was bizzare an probably should check with a doctor an see if he needs meds because something is wrong with the guy.....Then there is the possiablity that this was all just a scam an a acting job an he was payed to act like this for the show.....?

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Wow, academy grad and was gone after 3 years. I'll go back farther than top shot and say there were thousands of people who wanted to go to the academy, Jake got there and did nothing with it.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Just want to point out that the Top Shot thread has had more posts this week (the week of the Jake meltdown) than any other week of the season.

That's why the producers wanted him...

Good TV.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    His personality may have lost him $100,000 though. He had some great skills even with the safety on issue, anybody can have a mental fart especially under that pressure. Maybe he felt a crackup coming on and bailed.

historybuff

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Shelby County
    Glad Dustin took the prize. He truly earned it.

I've thought about something on this show for a while. Why do the contestants always carry their (seemingly) full backpacks to each event? They don't seem to need anything in those packs. Just curious...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I just couldn't believe that Mike had problems with the shotgun of all weapons. He looked untouchable in the challenge he sent Alex packing in. I really thought Mike was going to win it. Oh well, this year's end was better than last year's BS giveaway from George when he threw it.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    No tricks ... no gimmicks ... no "advanced" techniques. Just perfect execution of the basics. Congrats to Dustin.

Last edited:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I just couldn't believe that Mike had problems with the shotgun of all weapons. He looked untouchable in the challenge he sent Alex packing in. I really thought Mike was going to win it. Oh well, this year's end was better than last year's BS giveaway from George when he threw it.

He had problems before. There was a team event where he took 3 "shots" without ever putting the magazine in the rifle. I believe with the shotgun he had the front sight buried in the ghost ring and wasn't taking the time to think after his 1st or 2nd miss. Can't always just let training or instinct take over, sometimes a little slower and more controlled is quite a bit better but Dustin was shooting very well.

NickJ

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I sent Jake a message on facebook asking, "why would you walk out on $100,000 dollars???"

He responded with this exactly: "hahahaha man the **** was bull**** tv"

I said after, "I sure hope so, cause that's alot of money, and a hello of a lot of people would have been happy to take your spot."

He didn't respond back..

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Indeed. He is billed as "self taught," but I figure that just History Channel's way of saying he's not mil, LE or a competitive or professional shooter. He has obviously had training from someone/somewhere.

I was thinking the same thing Shooter, You can tell by his stance, gun control, ect... that he has some kind of formal training. But none the less he earned it.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    When Dustin sent the police woman home I said he was going to the final four.
    Later on you could see that boy had Jesus on his side for sure.

Top Bottom