Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Depends how you carry it, if at all. I have Glock and M&P's and I love the no external safety. Excellent for high-stress shooting scenarios. I sold my FNP because it confused me with the safety set-up when I got stressed. It's easy to remember the intricacies of a safety arrangement when at the range but it is hard when in caveman mode.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    My first thought when I shot a FNP for the first time was ..

absolute junk.

My subsequent thoughts didnt change.

I think its a total POS. If the FNP is the best that FN can do.... they need to hire some new people.

Syxxthkidd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    How does the FNP compare to a Sig p2022? Ive held an FNP, but never shot one. I have a 2022,that I really like, but thought about trying an FNP. Both felt rather big for concealed carry compared to an MPc
    the FNP is a bit bulky for cc, but u get used to it. Im a bigger guy so its not hard for me to tuck it away.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My first thought when I shot a FNP for the first time was ..

absolute junk.

My subsequent thoughts didnt change.

I think its a total POS. If the FNP is the best that FN can do.... they need to hire some new people.

Care to elaborate on that or are you just trolling? The FNP seems to be generally pretty well regarded.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    The FNP series and the Sig Pro series are the best value in new guns right now. Absolute best bang for your buck. The M&P is the new standard that all combat handguns are judged against. I hate the Glock, but that is simply personal preference based on the unimaginative ugliness, the grip size/shape/angle, and the company's "attempts" at creating a new generation of Glock pistol.

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    The biggest difference is the choice between a "Safe Action" trigger system and a DA/SA set up. I personally prefer the Safe Action....
    And the Glock and M&P have a lower bore axis..... Which reduces the upward flip of the barrel during recoil.... Allowing for faster follow up shots....

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I have a FNP9 & love it. The down side is getting holsters, the one I have is for a Sig (I think), but fits like a glove. Mag are about $30 or more, but Bradis said they can get them for $25. When you get more make sure you get the 15/16 round mags and not the 10.

cgbills

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Avon
    Shooter521, yeah I saw that on your board. didnt know if that was still a good price and if you still had any.

This would be a range toy/open carry.

No offence but I just dont like the looks of a CZ. I cant put my finger on what it is exactly.

Yeah still trying to convince my wife I need ANOTHER gun!

Havent come across a Sig 2022 to look at.

If looks are part of the criteria, Glock should be taken off the list, just kidding. I used to not dig CZ’s look at first, but after shooting it I saw its inner beauty and fell in love. Try it you may like it. But if it is out of those three choices I say M&P.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Not to muddy the water even more but always wanted a Glock, then tried XD and fell in love. So much now have two and thinking about another in tactical. Prices are comparable I believe. As an earlier post stated holsters and mags are out there but not as prevalent.

A friend has the MP and says it great, so it's all matter of personal feel between makes. Go with what feels the best to you and try them all to know for sure.

mike21

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Bright
    I own a FNP-9 and love it. Have about 500 rounds no fails. It fits pretty well in my crossbreed which is for a HKUSP-40, since holsters are tough to find so far.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    Hey shooter521, do you guys have a fnx? I havent seen one of those ftf. Id like to check those out too.

I did look into the cz75b online also and Ill keep an open mind. I didnt know they were all steel.

Im still trying to convince my wife I need another gun. She reminded me that Ive already bought 2 guns in 6 months. I may not win this battle but I will win the war!

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I did look into the cz75b online also and Ill keep an open mind. I didnt know they were all steel.

Just FYI, you can get the CZ75 in just about any configuration. There is a polymer version called the SP-01 Phantom. They are a bit difficult to find locally though (at least in my experience).

Top Bottom