oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne

This thread needed revived.
    I try to be reasonable and see the other side of the abortion debate. I really do. But invariably, people like this woman come along and remind me that I'm just being a sap.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I try to be reasonable and see the other side of the abortion debate. I really do. But invariably, people like this woman come along and remind me that I'm just being a sap.
    She’s in the fringes, though. Because few democrats have natural immunity to social contagions, the fringe is spreading wildly into the mainstream on the left.

There are some fringe pro-right people that drive reasonable people on the other side to think they’re being saps for listening. But then those right wing fringe ideas tend to stay in the fringes. They stay there because the right doesn’t tolerate it.

There’s no acceptable forum on the mainstream right where people can openly spread ideas about blowing up abortion clinics, for example, because the mainstream right thinks that’s immoral. But any purple-haired **** can brag and make light of abortion in plain view and who is pushing back on that on the left. Pushing back is becoming the fringe right to them.

Reactions: oze

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    maybe Im not understanding what you are saying....
    in my experience, wife had HELLP and at 26 weeks the only way she would have lived another few hours was for the baby to be removed, or so we were told by a couple of doctors. Fortunately 26 weeks was old enough that modern NICU practices were able to save the baby; a couple weeks earlier and he likely wouldn't have made it or had life-long disabilities. A consult recommended abortion and our OB said time to deliver....

I'm in the #5 camp.... not because it's "ok" but because in life or death situations I don't think you should criminalize the very hard choices that have to be made in those scenarios, and I was oh-so-close to being in that scenario.

So either I'm mis-understanding your post or we were misled at the time by Drs...

-rvb
    Slow response here. Delivering a 26-week baby is not an abortion. Abortion seeks to terminate the life of the baby. You can deliver a baby without killing it.

Last edited:
    Reactions: oze
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    This is good news; but unfortunately the law will still not be going into effect, because of another lawsuit that's set to be heard by the Indiana Court of Appeals until September. Apparently a group of Satanists have sued claiming that an abortion ban infringes on their religious liberty. And I remember a time when telling someone that abortion is a Satanic ritual would get you called a kooky conspiracy theorist. But what conspiracy theories aren't proving true these days?

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

So, apparently I was partly wrong in my last post. As far as I can tell, the current injunction only covers the plaintiffs of the remaining lawsuit, and also (I think) does not block the requirement for abortions to be performed in a hospital. Planned Parenthood has announced that they will no longer be doing abortions in Indiana after August 1, which will most likely mean that abortion numbers will be effectively reduced to a tiny percentage of what they currently are, and (at least on paper) be limited only to 1) Cases of rape 2) To save the life of the mother, or 3) a plaintiff in the current lawsuit who says their religion tells them they must get an abortion.

Still not perfect, but a massive step forward on granting legal protections to innocent children, praise God!

Top Bottom