• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    My former coworker and his setup for stargazing. Sure he got some good views at his home Observatory. A few years back he set up at our local 4th of July fest one of his smaller telescopes that tracked the sun across the sky and let people look for free.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    From here in B-town. My friend called me up yesterday insinuating that I should be careful during the eclipse, since apparently CERN was going to run the Large Hadron Collider today around the same time as the occlusion, and that this could possibly cause an earthquake similar to the 1811 New Madrid one. :tinfoil: I kind of wish that had actually happened, would definitely have made this even more of a day to remember.

Attachments

• aneclipsejustflewovermyhouse.jpg
      aneclipsejustflewovermyhouse.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 9

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Well I give up I looked at it five times and I don't see anything different than what I've already noticed lol
    I guess I was surprised Starlink sats have cameras. I just always thought of them as cheap comsats.
    Bingo!
    I was surprised also, and then realized I shouldn’t have been surprised. The camera is positioned to show the solar array deployed, but it obviously covers earth as well.

There’s nearly 5000 active satellites of various versions, I wonder how many of them have cameras? That could be a lot of coverage.

Top Bottom