• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    People hear/understand what ever is in the Koolaide they are drinking.

But he could make them understand so easily, by explaining it with real world examples. When you raise the taxes on Walmart, they don't make less profit, they just change the price of a gallon of milk from $3 to $6. The consumer pays the taxes through the higher cost of goods. When you increase taxes on corporations, you are really taxing yourself.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    But he could make them understand so easily, by explaining it with real world examples. When you raise the taxes on Walmart, they don't make less profit, they just change the price of a gallon of milk from $3 to $6. The consumer pays the taxes through the higher cost of goods. When you increase taxes on corporations, you are really taxing yourself.

I understand this as do you but the average guy on the street does not want to understand it.
    I have tried to use this logic with friends and family only to get the same crap.....tax the rich.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I watched Trumps town hall and I actually thought he did very well. Savannah asked some stupid questions like the white supremacist bull**** but I have to say the questions from the audience I thought were very fair.

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    I understand this as do you but the average guy on the street does not want to understand it.
    I have tried to use this logic with friends and family only to get the same crap.....tax the rich.
    When I was younger I was 100% on the "tax the rich" train, but learning more about taxes helped to sway my opinion. Some people are definitely open to learning more. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I was younger I was 100% on the "tax the rich" train, but learning more about taxes helped to sway my opinion. Some people are definitely open to learning more. :)

This needs to be in the open more but the agenda from the MSM is not to inform the avg. voter. That goes against the existing playbook.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Choot em in the leg, pure comedy gold......

[video=youtube;HEz6AXn-vDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEz6AXn-vDo&feature=emb_title[/video]

So, like his home defense advice, are the cops meant to shoot the aggressor in the legs with a shotgun?

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy

A liberal former neighbor and I were discussing the issue of income taxation one evening. His opinion was that the top 1% of income earners should be taxed at a rate of 50%, or maybe even higher. Like a shark, I sensed blood in the water, and attacked. Knowing he was a globalist, I asked him if he meant this should be a national policy, or a worldwide one. He predictably replied that it should be a worldwide policy. He had previously disclosed his annual income to me, so I pointed out that he was in the top 1% of earners worldwide, and if he felt so strongly about it, he could certainly calculate the amount the US government taxed him and contribute an additional amount to various charites for needy people until he had expended at least 50% of his income. Well, he was not receptive to this idea, and started in with the backpedalling, about his expectant wife, and expenses, and how it should be worldwide on a country-by-country basis.

He was a nut, with a lot of nutty ideas, but as usual when his ideal views collided with his real life, he deflected rather than reconsidered his position.

He was all about taxing the rich, until I pointed out that on a large enough scale, he was the rich.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A liberal former neighbor and I were discussing the issue of income taxation one evening. His opinion was that the top 1% of income earners should be taxed at a rate of 50%, or maybe even higher. Like a shark, I sensed blood in the water, and attacked. Knowing he was a globalist, I asked him if he meant this should be a national policy, or a worldwide one. He predictably replied that it should be a worldwide policy. He had previously disclosed his annual income to me, so I pointed out that he was in the top 1% of earners worldwide, and if he felt so strongly about it, he could certainly calculate the amount the US government taxed him and contribute an additional amount to various charites for needy people until he had expended at least 50% of his income. Well, he was not receptive to this idea, and started in with the backpedalling, about his expectant wife, and expenses, and how it should be worldwide on a country-by-country basis.

He was a nut, with a lot of nutty ideas, but as usual when his ideal views collided with his real life, he deflected rather than reconsidered his position.

He was all about taxing the rich, until I pointed out that on a large enough scale, he was the rich.

If we all stepped back and wrote 1 check for all the taxes we paid in a given calendar year this :poop: would stoop.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Trump "I denounce white supremacy. Why isn't Biden asked about Antifa? He gets questions like he's a child'
    Savannah "This is a little bit of a dodge"
    Trump "I denounce white supremacy, ok. What's your next question"
    Savannah "It feels sometimes like you're hesitant"

That was a joke

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Trump "I denounce white supremacy. Why isn't Biden asked about Antifa? He gets questions like he's a child'
    Savannah "This is a little bit of a dodge"
    Trump "I denounce white supremacy, ok. What's your next question"
    Savannah "It feels sometimes like you're hesitant"

That was a joke

But he has openly answered everyone of those loaded questions repeatedly before the :bs: set up.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    But he has openly answered everyone of those loaded questions repeatedly before the :bs: set up.

He has been asked that question over and over again, and the lies persist. I wonder if perpetuating this lie was part of NBC's concession to the petition.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    That Samantha had my wife so riled up it was both comical and awesome. She was yelling at the TV like I've never seen.

BTW, did anyone else notice there were a couple chicks seated behind Trump with nice racks? You had the big knockers on the left, and the handfulls on the right. Something for everyone. I liked how the girl on the right was nodding in agreement, and even gave the thumbs up at one point.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I am just watching it now.
    I really wish when Savannah was going on and on about why he won't tell people they have to put a mask on, he would of just said, Because I'm not a Dictator.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    After Trump smashed it, I switched over to the Biden softball game, and the contrast was awesome. Trump, sitting on something akin to a barstool, looking like he's ready to tune up some bikers who wandered into the wrong bar. Biden looking like Grandpa accidentally sat down in Grandma's chair, and waiting for the grandkids to visit and remind him of their names.

I think the polls are very wrong, even more wrong than they were in 2016. I have read enough of the mechanics of their methodology to believe that it is outdated and inaccurate. I haven't prayed in a very long time, but I'm very close to praying that Trump will win this.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Whenever I think Trump has said something that finally his supporters will pushback on, I come to INGO and find out there’s not. His response to the Navy SEAL question, absolutely shameful.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Choot em in the leg, pure comedy gold......

[video=youtube;HEz6AXn-vDo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEz6AXn-vDo&feature=emb_title[/video]

I wish a doctor would explain to these people where some of the largest arteries in the body are located and just how fast a person dies if those become severed...

They'd never again suggest something so ridiculous.

When I was younger I was 100% on the "tax the rich" train, but learning more about taxes helped to sway my opinion. Some people are definitely open to learning more.

I'd be all for taxing the rich if people writing tax law were intelligent enough to do it.
    The problem is, people that smart usually don't write tax law, they're out making money with that brain.

A tax bracket isn't doing jack **** to accomplish anything when it comes to the type of wealth these people are after.

And corporate taxes are a wholely different animal from individual taxes. There's really no good arguments for raising corporate taxes because, in the end, you're just taxing the worker's ability to generate wealth for themselves. Smart people don't pay taxes, they work around the system and pass the cost onto the consumer and employee.

I have some ideals on how to actually accomplish it, but it isn't vindictive so people who would agree with it actually wouldn't support it.
    Ideally, my concept of how to accomplish that goal would involve setting a corporate tax rate according to the ratio between their lowest paid employee and their highest paid employee. Remove minimum wage entirely, and use the ratio to determine the tax on the business.
    (There'd need to be a boatload of other things taken into consideration and worked on to make this system function properly, because it'd be easily dodged if just the core concept was implemented)

Whenever I think Trump has said something that finally his supporters will pushback on, I come to INGO and find out there’s not. His response to the Navy SEAL question, absolutely shameful.

Could you timestamp when this question was asked? I don't want to rewatch the entire thing to find it.
    I don't recall ever hearing about a navy seal.

Unless you mean him talking about retweeting something...?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom