• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • junior438

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    redkey
    how would the people that do the protesting like it if someone ruined a funeral for them? a funeral is a way to celebrate the life of an individual, not complain or protest about anything.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Stupid people, stupid law. The sheeple will hardly notice another right being infringed. This exemplifies the problem with America today. The sheeple fail to recognize the implications of incremental-ism when it smacks them in the face. Thanks Hebron for making Indiana really look dumb.

As much as I abhor the group this law is aimed toward, I hope Hebron gets its collective butt sued off. There are better ways to fix this problem.

How can limiting free speech EVER be right?

Judging by the responses in this thread... this is a freedom the people no longer want. I wonder how many of them felt that way when Feinstein said we don't need the right to bear arms?

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Some are too thick or uneducated in history to understand the significance of the usurpation of any part of a right unless it affects them personally. It is all about the "me" generation. They simply do not understand that free speech was INTENDED to and understood to make us uncomfortable at times.

Any time a right is infringed due to a particular group or incident we all lose. Anyone that agrees with this kind of incremental-ism must also agree that due to the school shooting(s) we must restrict the Second Amendment and eliminate semi-automatic weapons. It is exactly the same logic.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    how would the people that do the protesting like it if someone ruined a funeral for them? a funeral is a way to celebrate the life of an individual, not complain or protest about anything.

I wouldn't like it. There are a whole lot of things that people do and say that I don't like.

What kind of idiotic standard is that for restricting liberties?

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    Aside from being a blatant infringement on 1st amendment rights, it's also completely illogical. How do they expect this to NOT invite every protestor in the country to come and test them? If what they really wanted was peace and quiet for a grieving family, I don't think they are going to get it.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Thanks Hebron for making Indiana really look dumb.

Indiana is late to the party. 40+ other states have passed similar legislation with regard toward funerals. Not to mention the house unanimously passed a similar legislation for federal funerals. Passed the Senate with a voice vote. This isn't some radical, new concept.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Some are too thick or uneducated in history to understand the significance of the usurpation of any part of a right unless it affects them personally. It is all about the "me" generation. They simply do not understand that free speech was INTENDED to and understood to make us uncomfortable at times.

Any time a right is infringed due to a particular group or incident we all lose. Anyone that agrees with this kind of incremental-ism must also agree that due to the school shooting(s) we must restrict the Second Amendment and eliminate semi-automatic weapons. It is exactly the same logic.

Yup! This article sums it it very well.

Suppose You Were Fond of Books, by L. Neil Smith

Suppose you were fond of books

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Since when are westboro's protests peaceful?

When have the Westboro folks ever been violent in their protests? Have they burned any cars, physically attacked anybody, broken any windows... anything?

I can't remember a single instance of them ever being violent.

Not saying they haven't... but I sure don't remember it happening.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    The government is the wrong answer to nearly every question.

So, what do we do about scumbags protesting at funerals? How about some alternatives.

A wall of bikers
    Fox-Nation-Bikers.jpg

Good old-fashioned mockery:

god-hates-humans.jpg

Have the Foo Fighters put on a show across the street from them:

foo-fighters-westboro.jpg

Human walls:

angel-action.jpg

texas-am-westboro.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Let's stop hiding behind the government. Are these cretins headed to a funeral near you to protest? Let's put a face to the opposition. Perhaps it would be a fantastic opportunity for an open-carry event. Get creative, use our brains, and exercise the same liberty that these folks use for evil.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Let's stop hiding behind the government. Are these cretins headed to a funeral near you to protest? Let's put a face to the opposition. Perhaps it would be a fantastic opportunity for an open-carry event. Get creative, use our brains, and exercise the same liberty that these folks use for evil.
    This I agree with.

Hajisc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   1
    Oct 11, 2012
    Westville,In.
    I believe in the right of free speech but this is an exception just like you can't yell FIRE in a crowded place . If it infringes on the tights of others it's wrong

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I believe in the right of free speech but this is an exception just like you can't yell FIRE in a crowded place . If it infringes on the tights of others it's wrong

Can you imagine a world where everybody went around shouting "FIRE" all the time, completely unchecked by government bureaucrats?

Mass pandemonium. Dogs and cats living together. The end of the world as we know it.

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin

One of those has the potential to endanger lives...the other offends people. How are those two situations the same?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Brandonki
    Top Bottom