• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Pretty simple. If it can be proven that driver distraction was the cause of the accident, it's a $5,000 fine. License reinstated upon payment. Then 95% distracted driving ends.

Crashing a car sucks. Big time. There's potential injury, death, loss of vehicle, repair complications, deductible payment, insurance premium increase... all that can exceed $5000. So, if that's not a good enough incentive, then why would an extra $5000 work?

If you're DUI, you don't need to have a collision before the law can step in, why should this be different?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was riding with a guy and he was driving like he wasn't stopping at the light.

I said hey, that's a red light,

he said, don't worry, my brother does this all the time as he blew through.

A little later he was stopping as he approached a green light,

i said aid why are you stopping?

he said, my brother might be coming...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was riding with a guy and he was driving like he wasn't stopping at the light.

I said hey, that's a red light,

he said, don't worry, my brother does this all the time as he blew through.

A little later he was stopping as he approached a green light,

i said aid why are you stopping?

he said, my brother might be coming...

:joke:

I approached a light today... a cop pulled through across it... oh, it must be red for me, better slow... no, wait, that light is green... WTF?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It is scientifically proven that the fuller your bladder/bowels the slower the car in front of you will drive.

When I was still going in the office, we have to pass through metal detectors. The guards will also randomly select people for "enhanced screening" - remove shoes, belt, take the laptop out of the backpack, etc., then get hand wanded in addition to the regular metal detector. I have found that the same thing applies when it comes to the likelihood of me being selected for the stupid human tricks.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    A lot folks who choose to drive fast are actually the safest folks on the road. They aren't fiddling with their phones or other distractions, have two hands on the wheel and are constantly aware of their roadway surroundings.

Sure there is a maniac or two out there, but a lot of "speeders" are ragged on because of road nannies or cop wannabes. Those who are jealous or resentful of those who choose to go faster and content to ride along the roadway with a half dozen cars behind them trying to get by. Those who are happy to "lead the way," while holding others up.

Even heard a few actually say here on INGO "I'm not moving over for law breakers." :n00b:

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    A lot folks who choose to drive fast are actually the safest folks on the road. They aren't fiddling with their phones or other distractions, have two hands on the wheel and are constantly aware of their roadway surroundings.

Sure there is a maniac or two out there, but a lot of "speeders" are ragged on because of road nannies or cop wannabes. Those who are jealous or resentful of those who choose to go faster and content to ride along the roadway with a half dozen cars behind them trying to get by. Those who are happy to "lead the way," while holding others up.

Even heard a few actually say here on INGO "I'm not moving over for law breakers." :n00b:

Having driven in Germany (not just on the Autobahn...) this is very true. An attentive but fast driver is far less of a menace than somebody going slow and looking at their phone while eating a Big Mac.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It's always a joy to try and work through that log jam they caused when you're running lights and sirens, too. The self-appointed traffic wardens often forget that actually everybody DOESN'T have to follow the speed limit all the time. If your granny's having a heart attack, somebody is breaking into your house, or the neighbor's kid is drowning in the retention pond the people coming to help don't and you are slowing that response down by hanging out in the left lane. I give CDL holders every break I can but not on left lane violations.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It's always a joy to try and work through that log jam they caused when you're running lights and sirens, too. The self-appointed traffic wardens often forget that actually everybody DOESN'T have to follow the speed limit all the time. If your granny's having a heart attack, somebody is breaking into your house, or the neighbor's kid is drowning in the retention pond the people coming to help don't and you are slowing that response down by hanging out in the left lane. I give CDL holders every break I can but not on left lane violations.

Good God those big truck left lane running dip:poop:s pi$$ me right the hell off.
    And I mean really pi$$ me off.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The trucker that I quoted hasn't posted in a long time.

Not talking trash about him, but I wonder if someone finally got too fed up with his self-centered mentality and put him in the fence? He used to brag about how much his big rig weighed vs the punny little "law breakers" trying to get around him, saying they were no match. :rolleyes:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The trucker that I quoted hasn't posted in a long time.

Not talking trash about him, but I wonder if someone finally got too fed up with his self-centered mentality and put him in the fence? He used to brag about how much his big rig weighed vs the punny little "law breakers" trying to get around him, saying they were no match. :rolleyes:

Yeah he needs to be out there on the big road.

I know a few drivers. My son is one. They are stellar people for the most part. Some right here on Ingo.

Top Bottom