Trail Camera Favorites...Post your favorite pictures captured on your cameras!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I've seen some comments on FB that are quite concerning about this. People reporting multiple dead deer on their property. I see the DNR has lowered the anterless quotas in more counties and shared a new map this morning.

EHD outbreaks are always very spotty with some areas having intense, localized die offs while other areas a mile away may not have any or very few die as a result of the disease. It depends a lot on whether or not the local water sources have the midges that carry the disease and whether or not much of the local population has developed immunity. Unfortunately, those deer that are found are likely a fairly small percentage of the deer killed by the virus.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    MFDC7756.JPG

here is another, going to be hard to pass on any of them this year, the first one in my sights is done, these pics are only 35 out my back door

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    View attachment 80048

here is another, going to be hard to pass on any of them this year, the first one in my sights is done, these pics are only 35 out my back door

Are you sure that is a different buck? To me that looks like the 12 above before he added the 6th point on his life side. If it were me, the 12 would be the primary target since he appears older but I would be hard pressed to pass up any of the other 2-3 bucks.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I still have not seen any bobcats in our part of the state, though my cousin is pretty sure he saw one on his farm in LaPorte county.

Cool shot!

rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    Had a bobcat show up in my back field yesterday.
    IMAG0170.jpg

Didn't deter the deer though, this guy came to check out the camera early this morning.
    IMAG0183.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    These two have matured nicely in the past year!

2unsWAJ.jpg

1VXis0A.jpg

The second one here appears to be developing some drop tines.

MMdNGl2.jpg

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    We have only caught a doe and fawns on our camera this year in Perry County. We have heard of both EHD and CWD in the area from the State employees and there is a noticeable lack of deer sightings. We had a Doe with twin fawns earlier in the summer, but the last time I saw her she was skin and bones, and now we just see the twins. I saw a doe with 2 fawns last Sunday afternoon, one fawn was noticeably bigger, and they all looked very healthy.
    I feel like deer season is gonna be a bust this year.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Almost all trail cameras are made in China. Reconyx is the only one that I know of that isn't.

Not to thread jack... and I'm not knocking Chinese mfgr., but if you look for it, you can find that font everywhere. Usually shows up on labels and instruction manuals of items designed in China. I bought a SS sink, and yup, Chinese font. It's like the whole country only has one Western character set font for use. In the photo here, it's clear in the "F" and "C", that telltale serif font...

No criticism (I wouldn't spend a lot on a camera left unattended), just an observation.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    That's interesting, I've never paid much attention to the font on trail camera photos previously though now that you pointed it out, I suspect the use of that particular font is not extremely common in trail cameras despite nearly all of them being manufactured in China. My Cuddeback cameras use a different font though they are still made in China. Chinese manufacture is not limited to the less expensive models either, though the American made Reconyx is definitely on the higher end of the price scale. Also, it's not just that you are leaving them unattended that makes price a large consideration, nor is it that they are essentially delicate equipment in a thin plastic housing intended to be left out in the elements for long periods of time. It is also that they are most effective when deployed in higher quantities. :D

Top Bottom