• ...and so much more!
  • dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    MDA will block you for anything but blind enthusiasm. I was polite and asked middle of the road questions, such as when they reported a shooting I said "what new legislation do you think might have prevented this?". They removed the comment and blocked me.

Shannon Watts is doing what her PR training tells her to do, and that is not to benefit any cause. It is to make an organization look better than it is. It benefits her as an individual and anyone closely aligned with her. Perhaps she is hoping to run a campaign for someone in a higher position ?

To be fair to all of the people on there that seem like nuts, though, consider what they see from some pro-gun websites. They find something bizzare and rare, but assume it represents a more typical gun owner.

Sometimes the internet is good for exposing information, but I think it increases the belief that the other side is wacky and illogical.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Well, I'm banned from posting on their page as well. I've typed up many replies in the past, but I actually posted one today. It took all of 3 hours before they banned me and took the comment down.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    We need our own website, I'll supply the hosting and domain if someone wants to help with content as I'm busy enough as is.

"S**t MDA supporters say" or something.

Can just post screenshots of some of the ridiculous things their supports say, and others 'like', similar to that firecrackers comment.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We need our own website, I'll supply the hosting and domain if someone wants to help with content as I'm busy enough as is.

"S**t MDA supporters say" or something.

Can just post screenshots of some of the ridiculous things their supports say, and others 'like', similar to that firecrackers comment.

Sounds like a good ideal. But copying the content might lead to issues?

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Sounds like a good ideal. But copying the content might lead to issues?

Screenshots of what people say in public places? Nah. Just blur out the names out of respect.

Sort of like this stuff:

WZPl7XY.jpg

In fact, I took this screenshot months ago while browsing a gun traders group on Facebook. Some anti I had infiltrated!

tl39T7e.jpg

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    That's stuff is so incredibly stupid!! I can't understand the mentality.

Once again, it seems some of the most vocally violent people who are quick to make threats are anti-gun, comically enough. Maybe I just don't hang out with the gun owners who claim they'll bust caps and shoot people out of frustration. Though, I do see a lot of anti-gun owners wishing harm on others...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Yep. Expressing violence to peaceful gun owners. Good move there Jack***. Making a fight where there is no fight. Pop me and you might not walk away. And I will be justified!! You are not!!!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Once again, it seems some of the most vocally violent people who are quick to make threats are anti-gun, comically enough. Maybe I just don't hang out with the gun owners who claim they'll bust caps and shoot people out of frustration. Though, I do see a lot of anti-gun owners wishing harm on others...

I'm long done believing in civility toward would-be controllers. It's time for Alinsky tactics.

Rules for Radicals: we can use them just as effectively as the left, and should, if we want to win.

RULE 1: "Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.”

RULE 2: "Never go outside the expertise of your people.”

RULE 3: "Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.”

RULE 4: "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.”

RULE 5: "Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.”

RULE 6: "A good tactic is one your people enjoy.”

RULE 7: "A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.”

RULE 8: "Keep the pressure on. Never let up.”

RULE 9: "The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.”

RULE 10: "If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.”

RULE 11: "The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.”

RULE 12: "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.”

http://www.bestofbeck.com/wp/activism/saul-alinskys-12-rules-for-radicals

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    By these people's analogy (ie calling the cops or threatening to hit someone who is carrying a gun), women should call the cops or shoot almost every guy they see. "He's big enough to kill me with one punch. I'm afraid he might use those fists."

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Trolling MDA for the lulz! Of course, it helps that most of their comments are self-trolling, anyway.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    This seems as good a place as any to post this. I am on the email list for Mom's Demand (know your enemy and all that.) Here's what they me sent via text this morning.

They are offering a "training" session to coincide with the NRA Annual Meeting.

I'd like to think they are smart enough to use a telecom app to send texts, and they wouldn't use a member's personal phone number, but we all know the prior examples of the mental capacity of Mom's Demand members.

Anywho ... I have a few ideas of how I'd like to respond to this, but I thought I'd open it up to INGO for suggestions. What should I send back?

1GGDpbU.png

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Google image search for Weiner's hot dog....

Ask them what their "training" involves and how it's supposed to keep you safe.

Personal ad searching for encounters with the 37th gender, please reply to...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom