• ...and so much more!
  • GLOCKMAN23C

Resident Dumbass II
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    S.E. Indy
    I popped into four wheel parts today and they’re gonna do the install for me. They give a lifetime guarantee on parts they install plus they can do the alignment as well. They are having a Black Friday special where there’s no tax so it’s a nice little savings.

:rockwoot:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I popped into four wheel parts today and they’re gonna do the install for me. They give a lifetime guarantee on parts they install plus they can do the alignment as well. They are having a Black Friday special where there’s no tax so it’s a nice little savings.

That's cool. WAsn't aware of the lifetime on parts they install. They had not moved to the north side yet (were still on East Side) when I purchased the parts from them. Had they already been moved when I bought my parts from them, I may have had them do the install. They run some good prices during their sales.

Let us know how they do on the install.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I’ll report back next week when they do the work. Got with them today to schedule it and found out I’ll need new control arms to stay on the safe side. The very helpful guy there gave me a great price on them and made me a deal I couldn’t refuse on the total purchase/install of the 5100s, control arms and ball joints, and alignment. If their work is as good as their CS then I’ll be impressed

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    What made them lead you towards new control arms for a leveling kit? How high are you raising the front?

When you raise a vehicle even just an inch, you change caster. And your front and rear axle shifts to the side. Preferably, you always want to add control arms and adjustable track bar to put the axle back in position. Adjustable control arms is the better solution to fix caster and pinion angle as well.

If you don’t, you can get slight vibrations and pulling. It’s not always necessary, every vehicle is different. But it’s always better to do it the right way the first time.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I’ll report back next week when they do the work. Got with them today to schedule it and found out I’ll need new control arms to stay on the safe side. The very helpful guy there gave me a great price on them and made me a deal I couldn’t refuse on the total purchase/install of the 5100s, control arms and ball joints, and alignment. If their work is as good as their CS then I’ll be impressed

Their CS is very good. And I trust them with simple leveling kits. But I wouldn’t trust them with full suspensions and regearing though.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    When you raise a vehicle even just an inch, you change caster. And your front and rear axle shifts to the side. Preferably, you always want to add control arms and adjustable track bar to put the axle back in position. Adjustable control arms is the better solution to fix caster and pinion angle as well.

If you don’t, you can get slight vibrations and pulling. It’s not always necessary, every vehicle is different. But it’s always better to do it the right way the first time.

Okay. Have a ‘17 Chevy and all the research I did told me if you raise the front 2-1/2” or less, you don’t need high travel arms. I raised the front 2 and placed an addaleaf in the rear. Rides fine on and off the interstate.
    Just don’t want to see him sold on something he doesn’t really need.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    UCAs on the leveled/lifted Rams are a known iffy situation. Replacements aren't prohibitively expensive and it boils down to cheap insurance. I left the factory UCAs on my 2012 & 2013 and didn't have any issues but thought about replacing them a few times just to prevent getting stranded if one of them decided to go.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Cheap insurance like Phylo said. I’m only going up a little over 2” just to take the rake out, but I would like to avoid expensive future problems or possibly getting stranded down the road so new control arms is the way to go IMHO. Two hundred bux now could potentially save me many times that amount in the future.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    3CF2B80F-1458-4F43-A768-C9D0DD4E3254.jpg

Picked it up from 4WP this morning and I’m pretty satisfied. They did everything I asked and it appears they did a quality job. I’m happy with the level and the ride is a bit better.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Glad you got it done and are pleased with it. Yours doesn't look much different than my (er, I mean my wife's) 2012.

alDpRZdh.jpg

My new wheels and tires came in today for my new truck and I got them installed. I'm a little disappointed that I'm getting a little bit of rubbing when I get close to full lock but I'll figure something out. I've been to three different shops now trying to get an alignment done since I put the lift on. First one said the truck was too long, second one said it was too heavy and today my tires were too big lol. I'm about out of options.

95F05jSh.jpg

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Glad you got it done and are pleased with it. Yours doesn't look much different than my (er, I mean my wife's) 2012.

alDpRZdh.jpg

My new wheels and tires came in today for my new truck and I got them installed. I'm a little disappointed that I'm getting a little bit of rubbing when I get close to full lock but I'll figure something out. I've been to three different shops now trying to get an alignment done since I put the lift on. First one said the truck was too long, second one said it was too heavy and today my tires were too big lol. I'm about out of options.

95F05jSh.jpg

Just take your grinder to it. That’ll cure the rubbing :)

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Have you tried 4 Wheel Parts? They aligned mine when they did the work and I'd presume that they could get your truck done too since that's kinda their thing.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

It would be a haul for you, but contact http://raymondsalignment.com/ if you really can't find anyone in your area. Eric is the guy to ask for there (he'll be able to advise better than Rose who answers the phones, does scheduling, etc)

They are in Plainfield, but they do an excellent job. Several of the folks in the Jeep thread gave good recommendations on them and I have used them for several things now, including alignment and a good bit of other work. They know me by name when I walk in now (which is not necessarily a good thing, but with 4 cars, we always have something going on, plus I keep on top of maintenance).

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Thanks Gents. I went to the dealership where I bought it today and made the service guy walk outside and look at my truck and tell me if he could do it or not. They take pretty good care of me there, it's just a bit farther to drive than I wanted. If it doesn't work out I'll look into some of the recommended places.

Top Bottom