• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    If what you desire is that by designating them as a domestic terrorist group there are additional law enforcement measures and charges that can be brought against rioters, I wholeheartedly agree with you and I am hoping I am wrong and you are right. But I haven't found anything that says designating/classifying a group as domestic terrorists brings any additional measures/charges to the table the same as it would when the president designated the Rev. Guard as Terrorists.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    If what you desire is that by designating them as a domestic terrorist group there are additional law enforcement measures and charges that can be brought against rioters, I wholeheartedly agree with you and I am hoping I am wrong and you are right. But I haven't found anything that says designating/classifying a group as domestic terrorists brings any additional measures/charges to the table the same as it would when the president designated the Rev. Guard as Terrorists.

We're in agreement here for sure.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Which footnote is that attached to and what portion are you citing?

From wikipedia:
    The FBI classified the WUO as a domestic terrorist group,[SUP][5][/SUP]

footnote 5:
    "Weather Underground Bombings". Federal Beureau Of Investigation. Retrieved November 30, 2018.

In that article, domestic terrorism only appears once, in the following:

A domestic terrorist group called the Weather Underground claimed responsibility for both bombs. Originally called the Weatherman or the Weathermen, a name taken from a line in a Bob Dylan song, the Weather Underground was a small, violent offshoot of Students for a Democratic Society, or SDS, a group created in the turbulent ‘60s to promote social change.

If you read what I have said repeatedly, I am talking about a distinction in the law not what label is attached to someone. Yes they did describe them as such. I believe, however, that when Trump calls ANTIFA a domestic terrorist group it really is nothing more than a label. It does not have the same ramifications as when he designated the Iranian Rev. Guard as a terrorist group. The first is a label, the second has teeth. I am glad he called them that, I have said the same.

So if just calling them domestic terrorists is satisfactory then sure, I agree with that. However, I would rather there be teeth to it. I like what a poster said in another thread about applying RICO to ANTIFA. If that could stick that would be great.

I only read the footnote with the phrase you originally posted about "classifying.."

And did you read the document in the footnote to that article? It's pretty clear that they (FBI) are describing them as domestic terrorists.

https://vault.fbi.gov/Weather Under...her Underground (Weathermen) Part 1 of 6/view

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

From wikipedia:

footnote 5:

If you read what I have said repeatedly, I am talking about a distinction in the law not what label is attached to someone. Yes they did describe them as such. I believe, however, that when Trump calls ANTIFA a domestic terrorist group it really is nothing more than a label. It does not have the same ramifications as when he designated the Iranian Rev. Guard as a terrorist group. The first is a label, the second has teeth. I am glad he called them that, I have said the same.

So if just calling them domestic terrorists is satisfactory then sure, I agree with that. However, I would rather there be teeth to it. I like what a poster said in another thread about applying RICO to ANTIFA. If that could stick that would be great.

I only read the footnote with the phrase you originally posted about "classifying.."

The other link I posted (which was found in the footnote link that you posted from the wiki):
    https://vault.fbi.gov/Weather%20Unde...%20of%206/view

It has actual FBI documents describing them as terrorists.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Measures. Yes. Charges. No. According to the PATRIOT act designating them as domestic terrorists allows the FBI to use investigative tools that would not be available to them otherwise. For example, wiretapping, seizures, etcetera. So through the use of these tools they can discover crimes committed, for example, conspiring to engage in domestic terrorism, which it seems obviously that's what's been happening nationwide. They're trying to make it look like the violence is coming from grassroots level. And it's not.

The press doesn't seem to be covering this honestly. They're competently knocking down straw men.

Folap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/minnes...-paint-rounds-at-citizens-on-their-porch/amp/

A glimpse into what a police state would look like. Military convoy going down a residential street in Minneapolis shooting people for the crime of standing on their own front porches. Of all the stuff going on over this last week this one really bothers me. That could have been you or me, regardless of what side of any issue we stand on, being assaulted on our own property.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

From wikipedia:

footnote 5:

Again, you should look at the PATRIOT act. It changes the definition of "terrorism" to include domestic terrorism. I think it was designed for homegrown Islamic terrorism, but the language certainly applies to groups like Antifa, or even white nationalists groups which engage in domestic terrorism. Even the ACLU was concerned that the definition was broad enough that Greenpeace would meet the definition of domestic terrorists, which they are. Same with groups that support abortion clinic bombings, or any group which uses violence to achieve political goals.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/minnes...-paint-rounds-at-citizens-on-their-porch/amp/

A glimpse into what a police state would look like. Military convoy going down a residential street in Minneapolis shooting people for the crime of standing on their own front porches. Of all the stuff going on over this last week this one really bothers me. That could have been you or me, regardless of what side of any issue we stand on, being assaulted on our own property.

Uh, these are police officers. Why are you posting about it in this thread. What has this to do with the trump idea flagpole? This should be in the bat**** crazy leftist democrat idea flagpole thread.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

While I agree it's troubling, saying that they're "shooting people" is a bit hyperbolic. They're shooting them with paintballs, like people shoot each other with on purpose. Now if they were using live rounds or even pepper balls that would be more worrisome (live rounds especially).

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Again, you should look at the PATRIOT act. It changes the definition of "terrorism" to include domestic terrorism. I think it was designed for homegrown Islamic terrorism, but the language certainly applies to groups like Antifa, or even white nationalists groups which engage in domestic terrorism. Even the ACLU was concerned that the definition was broad enough that Greenpeace would meet the definition of domestic terrorists, which they are. Same with groups that support abortion clinic bombings, or any group which uses violence to achieve political goals.

And that's really the crux of the ANTIFA issue. That's one of the textbook definitions of terrorism.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    While I agree it's troubling, saying that they're "shooting people" is a bit hyperbolic. They're shooting them with paintballs, like people shoot each other with on purpose. Now if they were using live rounds or even pepper balls that would be more worrisome (live rounds especially).

When it's a game, with the proper PPE...

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Oh no. I've seen some idiot teens shooting each other without PPE. Never underestimate the extents to which teen boys can be unsafe. But. At least they had a rule. No groin shots.

More than a few idiotic teenage boys have been known to shoot each other with BB guns and most of them have probably never even heard of PPE. Most seem to have enough sense to have a no ball, either eye or groin, shot rule though. For better or worse, most of them seem to survive and procreate.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Uh, these are police officers. Why are you posting about it in this thread. What has this to do with the trump idea flagpole? This should be in the bat**** crazy leftist democrat idea flagpole thread.

I refuse to engage these users that have member dates from 10 years ago but 12 posts. There have been a slew of them lately stirring the pot. It is either an old member of the past with a bunch of throwaway user names or a small group with throwaway user names. I believe they are trouble...

Folap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I refuse to engage these users that have member dates from 10 years ago but 12 posts. There have been a slew of them lately stirring the pot. It is either an old member of the past with a bunch of throwaway user names or a small group with throwaway user names. I believe they are trouble...

Does posting that make you feel better? I bought an INGO t-shirt at the 1500 fairgrounds booth a few years ago which I still occasionally wear. Pat yourself on the back, i’m done with this section of the forum. Going back go just reading gun reviews and advice on here. Congrats on your two year membership anniversary to the site by the way.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Does posting that make you feel better? I bought an INGO t-shirt at the 1500 fairgrounds booth a few years ago which I still occasionally wear. Pat yourself on the back, i’m done with this section of the forum. Going back go just reading gun reviews and advice on here. Congrats on your two year membership anniversary to the site by the way.

Don't let the electronic door hit you in the ass on the way out. We'll try to console each other about our loss

Edit: Given Mike's average rate of contribution (3680 for two years, a bit over 5/day) he likely exceeded your total 'contribution' to the site on his third day

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Don't let the electronic door hit you in the ass on the way out. We'll try to console each other about our loss

Edit: Given Mike's average rate of contribution (3680 for two years, a bit over 5/day) he likely exceeded your total 'contribution' to the site on his third day

:chillpill:

There's a difference than post and quality post...

Top Bottom