• ...and so much more!
  • Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Exactly. Remember when they got a heads up and beat the Special Forces to the beach and set up their cameras to film them landing when the operation in Somalia began?

Yup, and Hiraldo drawing a map in the dirt to show where in Iraq they were on live TV. :rolleyes:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Quick sidenote: I just remembered (and confirmed via the interwebz) that Trump was the one who actually pardoned Scooter Libby. Bush had only commuted his sentence.

Nothing more than an interesting coincidence.

I think.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Quick sidenote: I just remembered (and confirmed via the interwebz) that Trump was the one who actually pardoned Scooter Libby. Bush had only commuted his sentence.

Nothing more than an interesting coincidence.

I think.
    This is something that I have'nt even thought about up until now. And probably won't after I move on to another post.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    This is something that I have'nt even thought about up until now. And probably won't after I move on to another post.

I suggest the Big Cat-2 Donkeys thread. Early results show it could be a classic.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting that the resident TDS sufferers jump to the conclusion that the people in the video "WERE" Special Operators that were prepared for or returning from a mission and not just a bunch of giddy kids (look at their faces) that were dressed up for a photo op.

I am no expert. My only encounter with SEALS was in Jump School, at Ft. Benning Ga. Their countenance was dour. Their faces were gaunt and drawn. The spoke in whispers to each other. The only word I ever heard (4 weeks in close proximity to them, during or after duty) was ARROUAGH! I am certain that this public persona was affected for the benefit of the 400 soldiers in the class, but I would bet that they keep it up for the soldiers in Iraq and the president.

The faces of the young soldiers dressed up for that photo op were NOT SEALS.

ETA There were 2 of them. I think it is the swim buddy concept. I never saw them apart.

Last edited:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Nobody 'accidentally' walks in for a photo op with the president. Their commander sent them there and they were vetted/approved by the Secret Service. Funny how a bunch of 'reporters' (lame stream paparazzi) are now concerned about OPSEC.

Well, sort of yes and no. I've worked a few Presidential details here in Indy and they cannot vett everyone. If he is in a secure facility and he decides to meet with a group, there is not much the USSS can do about it. He takes pics with our officers working his detail EVERY time he is in town and the USSS doesn't know who we are.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'm going to assume the "SEALs" that people are all worked up in a lather over are the ones wearing night vision glasses. Just an observation here. Those guys are wearing two-tube glasses. Wouldn't special forces be wearing quad tube glasses? Gives them a wider and better field of vision.

Top Bottom