• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Good point. To answer your question, no, I'm not 100% sure that Grant did my trust properly. Mine was a little different because I have a minor that needed to be included on the trust in the event something happens before he turns eighteen. Am I more comfortable with Grant over a website? Yes, and that's why I chose to spend the extra money. Like I said in my previous post, it's his money.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville
    Can anyone answer this for me about my new trust. My brother is on my trust and lives in another state. Can I let him use the NFA item and leave it in that state? Do we have to notify the ATF that the NFA item is going from state to state?

thanks.

Menace67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Noblesville

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    Once you have a trust set up. How do you enter/add a SRB already registered to an individual(me)? Resend form 1 and $200.00 with the trust name with going thru a FFL/SOT dealer, or can I do it all myself (form 1 & $200)?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Once you have a trust set up. How do you enter/add a SRB already registered to an individual(me)? Resend form 1 and $200.00 with the trust name with going thru a FFL/SOT dealer, or can I do it all myself (form 1 & $200)?

You would do it from you, to your trust on a form 4, no FFL/SOT needed.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

It's another form four and a tax stamp. No way around that.

As for why I went with a lawyer, I can call him and get advice on how to do things. And about what I can and can't do. The document I have is signed and notarized and will stand up in a court of law. And if it doesn't I have a lawyer to go back to. I used Grant Liston. If you go back a few pages there is another lawyer that as stepped forward to do trusts. I have no experience with him. Check him out. his price seems lower.

Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    Thank you MontereyC6 and 1911ly for the replies :patriot: Will be looking to get a trust set up. And then adding my SBR. Then more NFA goodies!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    It's another form four and a tax stamp. No way around that.

As for why I went with a lawyer, I can call him and get advice on how to do things. And about what I can and can't do. The document I have is signed and notarized and will stand up in a court of law. And if it doesn't I have a lawyer to go back to. I used Grant Liston. If you go back a few pages there is another lawyer that as stepped forward to do trusts. I have no experience with him. Check him out. his price seems lower.
    ???? There is no requirement in the state of Indiana for a trust to be notarized.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Notary is not required. It just adds an extra level of legitimacy to your trust. Less chance it could be contested. It is up to you.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I rarely chime in here. However, to clear-up any confusion, having a trust notarized is not required pursuant to Indiana law. However, it creates a presumption that the trust was in fact signed by the grantor. Moreover, a notary is verifying the signature pursuant to their authority. Also, the notary is most likely a disinterested party. When the trust is administered, the grantor will be dead and not be able to testify as to the authenticity of the signature. This makes it much more difficult for someone to contest the actual signing of the trust. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to email me at liston@carsonboxberger.com I hope all is well.

Quote from one of the attorneys providing this service (post #23 in this thread). Makes sense to me. I got my trust through Grant and it had the notary section on the document. Took me ten minutes and a very small fee to run into a UPS store to get the notary done.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Quote from one of the attorneys providing this service (post #23 in this thread). Makes sense to me. I got my trust through Grant and it had the notary section on the document. Took me ten minutes and a very small fee to run into a UPS store to get the notary done.

:yesway: there you go! thanks for taking the time to find that quote.

Top Bottom