• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I spread "milky spore disease" for the moles. It doesn't do anything to the moles, but it kills the grubs, which is what they're looking for. They still come around some, but they don't find what they're looking for so they don't stay, and I don't get the mooshy ground.
    I'll give it a try. Certainly can't hurt anything but the grubs.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I'm sure that if you get rid of Dave
    seville.bmp

then Simon, Theodore, and Alvin would follow!
    931452188_2cf2bddf4a_o.jpg

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    I'm thinking little itty bitty chipmunk sized landmines, just be sure you put out the warning signs for yourself and others...

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I never would have believed there were so many of the little bastards around. I have probably caught more than 60 of them this summer and in the last couple of weeks added 3 squirrels to the mix.

gvbcraig

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    Southwest Fort Wayne
    Easiest and safest way to get rid of chipmunks is to get a 5-gallon bucket and fill it a little over half full of water. Pour a layer of sunflower seeds about an inch thick on top of the water and leave the bucket next to some steps or lean a board from the ground up to the lip of the bucket, with a few sunflower seeds placed on the board if you like. You can partially sink a couple of wood screws into the bottom of the board to hold it in place, then just leave it. I usually go check the bucket once a day and scoop out the dead ones with a real small leaf rake (almost looks like a toy). Since they can't see the water, they'll dive right in to get to the sunflower seeds, then simply drown after a little while. When they do, they sink to the bottom, leaving no tell-tale signs that might scare others away. I was able to kill several a day using this method last year, without pulling a yard stakeout all day, scaring my neighbors or poisoning someone's pet. Give this a shot & you'll be amazed at how easy it is to wipe them out in a hurry.

Works like a charm, got twenty chipmunks this year using this method.

Lafayette Yeti

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    If you live trap them, please don't release them out in the country. They usually find their way to someone's house. I have no desire to deal with my chipmunks and yours too.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Easiest and safest way to get rid of chipmunks is to get a 5-gallon bucket and fill it a little over half full of water. Pour a layer of sunflower seeds about an inch thick on top of the water and leave the bucket next to some steps or lean a board from the ground up to the lip of the bucket, with a few sunflower seeds placed on the board if you like. You can partially sink a couple of wood screws into the bottom of the board to hold it in place, then just leave it. I usually go check the bucket once a day and scoop out the dead ones with a real small leaf rake (almost looks like a toy). Since they can't see the water, they'll dive right in to get to the sunflower seeds, then simply drown after a little while. When they do, they sink to the bottom, leaving no tell-tale signs that might scare others away. I was able to kill several a day using this method last year, without pulling a yard stakeout all day, scaring my neighbors or poisoning someone's pet. Give this a shot & you'll be amazed at how easy it is to wipe them out in a hurry.

Well I finally got my 1st chippy in the bucket. For a while, I thought someone was full of crap, cause the seeds would come up missing & no chippy. For years I would shoot them with my 22 rifle, but at the cost of ammo, I decided to use this method. Thanks.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Some feral cats should get rid of the chipmunks.

Then some coyotes to get rid of the cats.

Then shoot the coyotes.

From what I've heard, though, is that coyote urine will run them off. You can actually buy the stuff.

teejay422

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Muncie
    What about a chipmunk in the attic? I've been told its probably a red squirrel, but it came zooming past me one day when I was running cable and seemed to have too short a tail to be a squirrel (unless he is missing part of it). I don't have anywhere I can set a bucket, it's too quick to shoot, and so far he hasn't stumbled over the several glue trap s I've put up there.

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    Nuke 'em from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Seriously, though, I have to try this. Thing is, I have bird feeders all over my back yard, and more often than not my "squirrel catchin' cage" just nets me another damned black bird (idiot birds!). If I try the bucket trick, the crows'll eat the seeds before a chippy ever shows up. Maybe if I glue half of them to the board as a tempter, and just randomly toss real ones into the mix...?

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    We've had a few chipmunks calling our house "home" as long as we've lived there. They don't bother me and I don't bother them. I will occasionally see one scamper across the deck. They move so fast, I can't imagine successfully shooting them. They never stand still!

Well, about two weeks ago, I saw something that answered an earlier question of mine. I had spied something under one corner of our hot tub a couple of months ago -- it looked like chewed-up wood or coarse sawdust. Hmmm ...

I finally understood as I watched a chipmunk scurry over to that corner of the hot tub and disappear up inside! :eek:

Because it's too hot for a hot tub these days, I turned it off and drained it. I think it may be time for some sunflower or pumpkin seeds and a bucket ...

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    My place was infested with them when I moved here.
    About 2 years ago, I started hanging out when I could with my pellet gun. I'd sometimes even sit in my bedroom with the window open. I'd wait for them to pop their heads up, and plink one off of their noggin.
    I must have gotten 30 that year. I didn't see a single one last year, and I've only seen one this year. Seemed to work for me.

Top Bottom