• ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just following orders, are they?

They are part of an organization trampling our rights into the ground. They have a choice not to take the job. I'm imminently qualified for the job, my family would be much better off if I'd taken it. But, my loyalty to the Constitution is not for sale. Theirs, apparently, is.

They are not worth respect. Tar and feathers, but not respect.

Just pointing out that the excuses made for one branch of public employees ought to apply to another.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    TSA agent in Indy got "punched". Not sure the scanning had anything to do with it and it doesn't sound like he got injured in any substantive way. Needless to say they're pressing charges against the guy.

Federal Eye - TSA agent punched in chest by passenger

I'm terribly interested to find out what the deal is here. Is this the real thing, or it like that census/tax worker a year or so ago that committed suicide but made it look like it was an anti-govt thing. That is to say, did this guy really "punch" the TSA "officer", or did he do something that was "interpreted" as a punch. The man said ""I was only kidding with you," Christina replied." afterward. The thing makes little to no sense, the man had already gone through the scanner.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Lets not forget how George Soros had 11,000 shares of one of the companies that makes the scanners that he sold off a few days ago?

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Here's how I hope this goes down:
    They don't change the "rules".
    People get sick of it.
    Someone with a lot of money [ie Donald Trump?] starts a new airline that you don't have to go through these assaults to fly on their planes.
    All the other airlines lose business.

Might be a dream, but it is possible.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Here's how I hope this goes down:
    They don't change the "rules".
    People get sick of it.
    Someone with a lot of money [ie Donald Trump?] starts a new airline that you don't have to go through these assaults to fly on their planes.
    All the other airlines lose business.

Might be a dream, but it is possible.

Southwest Airlines has been my airline of choice in the past when I "had" to fly.
    They have an entirely different MO than the other airlines.

Maybe they (if allowed) should be a trendsetter.
    Given the option of being molested or allowing my family to be or being treated with respect & COMMON SENSE, it is a no brainer as to which airline would get my money.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I might seriously consider riding the train for a long trip now.

The additional time and expense would be worth not being molested.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    It takes a long trip to just make up the time factor when you consider what time you leave your home to get to the airport, go through the facade of security, board, taxi, fly, taxi again, get your luggage. Anything less than a 5 hour drive absolutely is not worth it, from 5-10 hours is debatable. If you have a family then the expense makes discretionary air travel prohibitive.

My diesel suburban gets around 19-20 mpg on the highway at around 65-70, lots of room between us & the kids in the 3rd row seat makes it a comfortable trip.

I have never been on a train, might be fun.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    I might seriously consider riding the train for a long trip now.

The additional time and expense would be worth not being molested.

Looks like it may become more popular! There's a trade off in time, but I'd rather that than groping and irradiation.

Instead of a TSA airport search, he'll take the train
    I'm no conspiracy theorist (but I play one on TV), however... This is all starting to make sense.

Y'all have seen how "Babbling" Joe Biden practically gets a chubby whenever he talks about his pet boondoggle, Amtrak. This is just an Obamatard administration ploy to force more people onto an outdated mode of transportation, that loses $32 for every ticket it sells.

What better way to get people over to that miserable waste of taxpayer money than to be able to advertise, "Amtrak... We don't touch your junk!"? That is, until the terrorists figure out how easy it is to derail a train.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    It takes a long trip to just make up the time factor when you consider what time you leave your home to get to the airport, go through the facade of security, board, taxi, fly, taxi again, get your luggage. Anything less than a 5 hour drive absolutely is not worth it, from 5-10 hours is debatable. If you have a family then the expense makes discretionary air travel prohibitive.

My diesel suburban gets around 19-20 mpg on the highway at around 65-70, lots of room between us & the kids in the 3rd row seat makes it a comfortable trip.

I have never been on a train, might be fun.

I spent about $200 on gas for my trip to South Dakota last week. 21 hours of driving each way, I got to see great countryside, have some medatitive time, carry weapons with me, AND have a car to drive around for the week I was there.

Last month for our Grand Canyon trip we spent about $250 for gas for the three of us, got to spend some quality time together, stopped at some other fun places along the way, carried our weapons, and had enough room for our hiking packs and the like.

I will not fly commercial unless it is the only option.

Top Bottom