• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump: U.S. troops to stay in Middle East, prevent ISIS resurgence
    We gonna go it alone? Seems like we might be running out of allies to partner up with in the region now to fight a ground fight.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    US military carried out airstrike on its own counter-ISIS HQ in Syria to destroy latrines, tents and an ammo depot to "reduce the facility's military usefulness" after Turkish backed forces appeared to threaten the base.

Just seems like a real cluster****.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    US military carried out airstrike on its own counter-ISIS HQ in Syria to destroy latrines, tents and an ammo depot to "reduce the facility's military usefulness" after Turkish backed forces appeared to threaten the base.

Just seems like a real cluster****.

Destroying latrines... to make them less useful for people that wipe their butts with their bare (left) hands? Doesn't seem like much of a deterrence to me.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sigh

Im generally for getting out of places too, the problem is if I were to prioritize who to ditch first the Kurds would not be high up on that list.

Neocon policy and thinking like this has not improved the middle east for the past 40 years, what makes you think another few years will fix it? Has nothing to do with whether you like or dislike any specific group. It has to do with what you can actually achieve. The best and brightest for 4 decades haven't figured out how to fix the situation, you most certainly don't know either.

It's about time we stop telling our sons and daughters to die for nothing. This islamic civil war is not our fight and never has been.
    If europe doesn't like it, they have an army and they can go there and sacrifice their sons and daughters in the pursuit of fruitless goals.

And to anyone who thinks this makes us vulnerable to terrorist attacks, I have to ask you to stop and think for yourself for a moment. What makes people more angry, killing their family members in a generational conflict, or leaving them alone? All that does is breed the next generation of fighters for that next major terrorist organization, and their desire for revenge is most certainly not something wholly unjustified. Yeah, abandoning them will make them angry, but their kids won't grow up with parents that were slaughtered by the US and they will eventually get over it as the more immediate threat is the civil war they're engaged in.

Neocons forget that Osama's stated goal was to drag the US into a war of financial ruin.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I read that the Turks are giving the Kurds an opportunity to withdraw.

Which begs the question... to where? Iraq? Hopefully we've arranged something there, although I haven't heard of anything.

This may be something more akin to marching the Armenians out of ... well... never mind.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I read that the Turks are giving the Kurds an opportunity to withdraw.

Which begs the question... to where? Iraq? Hopefully we've arranged something there, although I haven't heard of anything.

This may be something more akin to marching the Armenians out of ... well... never mind.

Refresh my memory, what side of the genocide did the Kurds support? If only the Young Turks had had a Trump of their own to blame

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I want to know what Little Miss Muffet has to say about all of this.

.....and was her tuffet her butt or a chair?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    With centuries of tribal hatred...how long would we need to stay to make it stop? The policy that was started and continues today is wrong; they need to fear us as there is no reasoning with tribalism. They need to understand that we will come back for the sole reason of killing them all if they don't contain their insanity to their own pitiful fanatic infested desert.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...there is no reasoning with tribalism...

That's siggy line material.:yesway:

And while tribalism may run rampant in that part of the world, it sures seems like we are trying to give them a run for their money.:rolleyes:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    With centuries of tribal hatred...how long would we need to stay to make it stop? The policy that was started and continues today is wrong; they need to fear us as there is no reasoning with tribalism. They need to understand that we will come back for the sole reason of killing them all if they don't contain their insanity to their own pitiful fanatic infested desert.
    They need a warning like Klaatu gave in TDTESS. Contain your insanity or we will unleash Gort.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    The AP is reporting that the US troops in Syria are not yet coming home, but rather being re-deployed to "Western Iraq."

Seems to me that could describe locations near Saudi Arabia, Jordan... or... oh yeah... Syria.

Confirmation attributed to SecDef.

Top Bottom