• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    *cough*PC TV Card*cough* Just gotta get it working right.... Cheap chinese crap...:thumbsup:

Get an HD Homerun. Just hooks on network. Then load up MythTV. Instant High Def TiVo. Works well. (Also works with other Windows based DVR software, if you go that route.) Any Analog solution will be dead come Feb., unless you are recording Cable or something.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Get an HD Homerun. Just hooks on network. Then load up MythTV. Instant High Def TiVo. Works well. (Also works with other Windows based DVR software, if you go that route.) Any Analog solution will be dead come Feb., unless you are recording Cable or something.

Ehh. HD is a waste of money just like Plasma. I could care less if I can see Steven Seagul's nose hair while he beats the daylights outta some BG. And how can SpongeBob be anymore clear? LOL

I tried MythTV, it's ok I guess. I settled for TV Expert. Simple and does the job. And oh yea, I'm on cable! Digital TV is just some BS so we have to upgrade to high tech TV's, the Emergency Responders, military, etc. must buy new, harder to use equipment, and give the FCC something to actually DO. LOL

Does no one here miss the Dukes or Looney Toons??? I know there's more out there! C'mon!:rockwoot:

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I'm rather looking forward to Digital TV.
    Less chance my 6m Transmitter will **** off the neighbors.....

Not to mention all the radio Spectrum that's currently in use, that won't be once TV is Digital.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Ehh. HD is a waste of money just like Plasma. I could care less if I can see Steven Seagul's nose hair while he beats the daylights outta some BG. And how can SpongeBob be anymore clear? LOL

It doesn't just tune HD, it is a digital tuner. Many channels are SD (standard definition), just digital. Unless your tuner is digital, or you don't get TV over the air, you will not see anything after Feb. Everything is going digital, HD AND SD.

BTW - It is really nice to have multiple channels, like the news channel in indy for 6-2 and the weather at 8-2 and radar at 8-3. You don't have to wait until the news breaks in to show radar, when bad juju is coming.

Neither Seagal or Sponge Bob deserve HD treatment, however prime time TV shows and Colts games at higher than DVD resolution look pretty sweet. And I only have a cheap 32" LCD set.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...BTW - It is really nice to have multiple channels, like the news channel in indy for 6-2 and the weather at 8-2 and radar at 8-3. You don't have to wait until the news breaks in to show radar, when bad juju is coming.

...however prime time TV shows and Colts games at higher than DVD resolution look pretty sweet.

Hell yes. As a free OTA user, digital TV and HD are phenomenal. My cheap LCDs get clearer pictures than my neighbor's on dish and cable. No signal compression OTA.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Hell yes. As a free OTA user, digital TV and HD are phenomenal. My cheap LCDs get clearer pictures than my neighbor's on dish and cable. No signal compression OTA.

Yep. Many people don't know that OTA is THE BEST quality HD out there. It isn't compressed to fit more channels down cable or satellite. Episodes of Carrier on 20-1 look sweet. I'm happy that I moved both south and up in elevation. When I get my Winegard MS 2000 TV Antenna up on the top of the roof, I should be able to get all of Indy, possibly Columbus and many Bloomington stations.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What do I want brought back? How about "The State of the Union Address"? Any episode with President Ronald Reagan will do, but I want them applicable to present day.

And oh yeah, Savage Eagle, when President Reagan isn't on, yes, I wouldn't mind Loony Toons, but I want the real ones where you actually see the coyote hit the bottom of the cliff, not the sanitized ones where you just see him start to fall. And while we're at it, how about the Pink Panther? He never had to talk and he was still hilarious.

Blessings,
    B

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    There was a British series called "UFO" that was really cool in the early 1970s. It came on at 10:00, which was well after my mandatory bedtime. I only got to see bits and pieces of episodes when I was able to sneak out of my room until I got caught and sent back to bed.

"Brisco County, Jr." was another great show that died too soon. It was a comedy/action western featuring Bruce Campbell in his first significant television role.

"Cleopatra 2525" had extremely hot chicks kickin' a** in skimpy outfits, set in a post-apolcalyptic future. It had some interesting ideas and the special effects were some of the first high-end CGI on broadcast TV.

I want "Miami Vice" back, and/or "Nash Bridges." Fortunately Miami Vice will live forever in reruns on various cable channels.

I would say "Doctor Who," but they DID bring it back a few years ago after more than a decade in limbo, and the recent series have been AWESOME.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Oh, I liked Roswell but didn't discover it until after the fact. They did reruns. They weren't doing them fast enough so I rented the DVDs :)

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    "Brisco County, Jr." was another great show that died too soon. It was a comedy/action western featuring Bruce Campbell in his first significant television role.
    Brisco was awesome!!!!! I love Bruce Campbell. I watch everything he's in. If you haven't seen Jack of all Trades, you should see if it's on video. He's currently in Burn Notice on USA. His movies are campy but great! There was one I didn't care for but I can't think of the name of it. It was that bad.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Oh, I liked Roswell but didn't discover it until after the fact. They did reruns. They weren't doing them fast enough so I rented the DVDs :)

Same with me (reruns). Got hooked. Wish they could have continued it. It would be cool to see the whole gang (with some "flashbace" type scenes) "years later".

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Another one for Jericho here. I wouldn't mind seeing some decent cartoons on again either. Sure, The Simpsons and Family Guy are fine . . . but I miss the Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd, and Foghorn Leghorn cartoons. Also, The Magnificent Seven is another one that I watched growing up and wouldn't mind seeing again.

The Muppet Show would be another one worth watching again, if for nothing else than to see my heroes [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14njUwJUg1I]Statler and Waldorff[/ame] again!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Brisco was awesome!!!!! I love Bruce Campbell. I watch everything he's in. If you haven't seen Jack of all Trades, you should see if it's on video. He's currently in Burn Notice on USA. His movies are campy but great! There was one I didn't care for but I can't think of the name of it. It was that bad.

I am a fan of his too. He was great as Autolycus on "Hercules" and "Xena," too. "Jack of All Trades" was the companion show to "Cleopatra 2525," wasn't it? Anything that is made by a Raimi or Tappert is going to have Campbell in it.

I think he is the ideal guy to play Batman in movies.

The third "Evil Dead" movies, "Army of Darkness" is one of my favorites.

He's the reason I started watching "Burn Notice," but I really like the show on its own merits after seeing the first couple of episodes last year.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ah believe, ah say I believe I shall talk like Foghorn Leghorn during the entire steel match on Friday.

I'll give you 32 cents and some pocket lint if at some point you off-handedly mention to a bystander "Ah always keep mah bullets numbah'ed fo' just such an emergency."

Top Bottom