• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I honestly thought I was reading an article from The Onion. I thought, "there's no way that there is a city called White Settlement." :):

In frontier days it was one of several settlements in the area, all the rest of which were inhabited by Indians. Everybody including the Indians being much less PC It was simply called the white settlement. Sometime in the early 2000’s somebody got itchy and the town had a vote about changing their name to West settlement. It Failed to pass by about 2000 votes against to 200 in favor.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    They recently (last September I think) changed the law in Texas to allow people to carry guns in churches. :yesway:

I think it's still illegal if they have a "no gun sign" in place though.

The POS killer must not have heard of the recent change.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    They recently (last September I think) changed the law in Texas to allow people to carry guns in churches. :yesway:

I think it's still [STRIKE]illegal[/STRIKE] not welcomed if they have a "no gun sign" in place though.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    These are informative. Gives insight into how these crap sacks operate and how people respond.
    I know BW and no he I not into the evil aspect of this.

Sorry CM but I dont need to search out video and pictures of people getting sensuously slain to be informed. I'm pretty sure we all know whats going on by now. Do you not agree that plastering this all over every inch of media is just fueling the fire?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry CM but I dont need to search out video and pictures of people getting sensuously slain to be informed. I'm pretty sure we all know whats going on by now. Do you not agree that plastering this all over every inch of media is just fueling the fire?

It can be argued but seriously, labeling us in this fashion is a stretch. That was my thoughts.

Also seeing a good guy take the evil doer out might also fuel some fires.

This goes both ways. And yes, seeing how common folk react and respond is enlightening. I am not enjoying evil but I will not turn a blind eye either.
    No knock on you or how you see this. Just putting my 2 penny's in this.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It can be argued but seriously, labeling us in this fashion is a stretch. That was my thoughts.

Also seeing a good guy take the evil doer out might also fuel some fires.

This goes both ways. And yes, seeing how common folk react and respond is enlightening. I am not enjoying evil but I will not turn a blind eye either.
    No knock on you or how you see this. Just putting my 2 penny's in this.

^^^Both positive things IMHO.^^^ But as has been mentioned, that part will get swept under the rug. Maybe the video evidence will make that a little more difficult to do now that it's out there.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I like to see ones like FPF posted last week. (It has been taken down)

security footage shows a check cashing place. You are looking over the shoulder of the employee. She is helping another customer, and three gunmen enter the establishment.

Two of them immediately back out and appeared to form a perimeter to watch for cops. The robber approaches the cashier on the customers left side and proceeds to Point a gun at the cashier and unfortunately for him, dedicate 110% of his interest in the cashier. He does not notice the other customer quietly take a half step back draw his concealed pistol, and start firing into the perp. He Mozambique’s the guy from point blank range. Guy is obviously dead before he hits the ground.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I think it's still illegal if they have a "no gun sign" in place though...

It has been legal for a person with a license-to-carry to carry a handgun in a church in Texas since at least 1999, Unless the church administrators prohibited licensed carry according to the methods provided in the statute. A “no guns” sign is not sufficient. This was no different than any other piece of private property.

in 2017 the legislature change the wording of the law in an attempt to make it more clear that licensed carry in a church is legal. [STRIKE]This was in the wake of the Sutherland Springs church shooting. [/STRIKE]Nearly all, if not all, media outlets misreported this as “NOW you can carry guns in church,” as if it were something new.

Also in 2017 The legislature made it legal for churches to organize volunteer security teams. Prior to this only licensed security companies and wall enforcement could provide “security”. It didn’t matter whether the security team was paid or not, they had to be licensed by the state or be a peace officer. The private security bureau companies were not eager to see this change, [STRIKE]but Sutherland Springs [/STRIKE]made a difference. After that the legislature made it legal for churches to organize their own security teams.

Edited to correct reference to Sutherland Springs. That didn’t happen until right after the 2017 legislature. Having a senior moment. What came after Sutherland Springs was a Texas Attorney General opinion that basically reiterated the law permitting licensed carry in churches, which the news treated as something new again.

But it is true that the security companies did not like the change, and one of the provisions of the law is that the church security teams cannot wear uniforms or Use “security” displayed on their persons.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

I think it's still illegal if they have a "no gun sign" in place though.

^^^This!!^^^

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I am not enjoying evil but I will not turn a blind eye either.

I would hope no one is turning a blind eye to this. I am trying to understand why after reading about a horrible act, would you feel better informed by watching the victims being shot? I see so many seem to want to actually watch it unfold. Why? You’ve read the article to find out what happened but now want to see it? Has nothing to about whether I can stomach it or not which is what someone else said.
    So yeah when someone says “got anymore video of this”....

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I would hope no one is turning a blind eye to this. I am trying to understand why after reading about a horrible act, would you feel better informed by watching the victims being shot? I see so many seem to want to actually watch it unfold. Why? You’ve read the article to find out what happened but now want to see it? Has nothing to about whether I can stomach it or not which is what someone else said.
    Why do football teams watch video? To extract information to better allow them to counteract the opposition.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It has been legal for a person with a license-to-carry to carry a handgun in a church in Texas since at least 1999, Unless the church administrators prohibited licensed carry according to the methods provided in the statute. A “no guns” sign is not sufficient. This was no different than any other piece of private property.

in 2017 the legislature change the wording of the law in an attempt to make it more clear that licensed carry in a church is legal. [STRIKE]This was in the wake of the Sutherland Springs church shooting. [/STRIKE]Nearly all, if not all, media outlets misreported this as “NOW you can carry guns in church,” as if it were something new.

Also in 2017 The legislature made it legal for churches to organize volunteer security teams. Prior to this only licensed security companies and wall enforcement could provide “security”. It didn’t matter whether the security team was paid or not, they had to be licensed by the state or be a peace officer. The private security bureau companies were not eager to see this change, [STRIKE]but Sutherland Springs [/STRIKE]made a difference. After that the legislature made it legal for churches to organize their own security teams.

Edited to correct reference to Sutherland Springs. That didn’t happen until right after the 2017 legislature. Having a senior moment. What came after Sutherland Springs was a Texas Attorney General opinion that basically reiterated the law permitting licensed carry in churches, which the news treated as something new again.

But it is true that the security companies did not like the change, and one of the provisions of the law is that the church security teams cannot wear uniforms or Use “security” displayed on their persons.

I knew our Texan friend would correct me. :yesway:

Yes the articles I've read about the "new plan" precented it as a new thing.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There’s a copy of the vid on Townhall.com. There’s a huge gap between reading about an event and seeing the actual sequence of events. It certainly gives me a visceral reinforcement for some things I learned in training.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Hey pal, when you find yourself standing in a hole with a shovel in hand it’s probably a good idea to stop digging and drop the shovel.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Video and explanation here

https://youtu.be/s5NzuGSkL2E

After reading some others posts about not wanting to see it, I figured I should edit this to say it is graphic but I feel it's very important to understand what happened so people can develop better plans at their churches, mosques, or synagogues to prevent this from happening again. It's absolutely not enjoyable to watch other than the good guy taking down the bad guy with an excellent shot, but it is definitely informative.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom