• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know Ben and the rest. They are not bad folks just doing a job and sometimes questionably but Davis pushes them to sell not question just sell. Hell, he doesn't want to make any money folks, My A$$.

Our prayers go out to Ben and his family and I support him in his decision. I am just depressed we were not there to back his play.

We do not buy product from them but do use the range in the winter and to shoot in an AR on occasion. It can be a circus in there and a true test of ones SA. Not all of the clientele is low on the gene totem pole. Many are of questionable genetics.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Sad to hear of this occurrence. Glad they were able to defend themselves. Hope Ben recovers fully and quickly.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Ben's a decent guy trying to support a family on :twocents: from ddavis. It's great he's alive but it's reported that he's still in critical condition--and then there's rehab. And who knows if he'll have a full recovery? He andhis family could use some prayers.

Plus he might need some sort of counseling. He had to take a mans life to save his own. He will go back to work and work in a enviroment where he shot and killed a man.

jacob.white27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Spencer, In
    I guess some people are not the brightest...hope it was the guys trying to rob the place...although I agree Don's does a lot of robbing themselves...still no one deserves this...thus the reason everyone in my house knows how to shoot back

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Seems like an annual occurance............

Something seems to happen at that store about once a year. It's just a good reason to never set foot in the place along with the insane prices. There was a shooting in the Greenwood store back in the day also. When you sell crap you're gonna attract flies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I dunno, seems like it reflects poorly on the entire criminal community. Even the ones who don't use guns.

Why would this reflect at all on lawful gun owners?

The libs and anti's will spin up the media whirl wind at any opportunity. This is an opportunity in their eyes. Hope it falls short.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Ben is an example of the guy we are all supposed to be behind. The guy that deploys his weapon properly to defend himself.

As much as I despise Don's Gun's for many reasons we as a gun forum and should be showing support for this employee that did what was right.

Prayers sent for Ben's recovery and for his family.
    +1

Well said, TopDog.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Why would this reflect at all on lawful gun owners?

I believe he was referring to some of the insensitive comments made by INGO members. Those that confuse a thread where someone is critically injured with a place to bash the business where they were shot.

It wouldn't reflect on all lawful gun owners, just INGOers. :xmad:

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Ben is an example of the guy we are all supposed to be behind. The guy that deploys his weapon properly to defend himself.

As much as I despise Don's Gun's for many reasons we as a gun forum and should be showing support for this employee that did what was right.

Prayers sent for Ben's recovery and for his family.

YES, THIS, I agree ..... Prayers for Ben and his family .....

IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    A clerk is shot and some people use this as an opportunity to throw jabs at the place of business?? There are plenty of "bash Don's" threads to use. Prayers for the employee's recovery and no sympathy for the criminal who chose his own fate.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    "My guy goes up to collect from him and he shoots my guy twice - bang, bang - and my guy immediately killed him," said Davis.
    Davis says the shooting suspect parked a black Chevy Camaro out front. It's a rental car that Davis said he has seen parked there before.
    Davis says his business is automatically high risk because its impossible to evaluate every customer.
    "How in the hell do we know who's in their right mind today? This crap happens. It just happened at one of our embassies," said Davis.
    After a seriously close call, Debra Samples says she still plans to buy a gun to help her be prepared for the unexpected.
    "The guys are packing so I can see where they can get him quick," she said.

Several great comments here, even from Don. Sounds like Ben is in bad shape but expected to survive.

Should INGO band together to support his family?

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Sorta like, "Well, all coppers are bad, 'cuz I know this 1 guy who..."

... and then playing pile-on with all the scum-suckers who'll show up for that thread. Not all LEO are either good or bad (your subjective comments here), but ALL LEO are human.)
    I believe he was referring to some of the insensitive comments made by INGO members. Those that confuse a thread where someone is critically injured with a place to bash the business where they were shot.

It wouldn't reflect on all lawful gun owners, just INGOers. :xmad:

Top Bottom