• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Look at it this way, these people worked for years and fought for what they have gotten so far. Now they are being told if you want a job you will have to give everything up. Do you really think they want to lose there jobs? As gun owners we should be taking note of how these people are sticking together. Once you give something up, they just want to take more and more.

How about the GOV says, if you just give up your semi-autos, you can keep the rest of your guns. Now that would be worth it right? Why wouldn't you? You still get to keep the rest of your guns right? We need to think about keeping the public safe. You would stupid not to vote yes and lose all your guns. Sound silly? Just change a few words to already negotiated wages and benefits, and profits instead of guns and public safety.

If you have never been on any side of a union contract talk, you really have no idea of what goes on. It can get preety stupid on both sides.

Life Member

Marksman
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Goshen
    If no one here is buying it at the current price, how will the move help sales if the price stays the same. The worker gets screwed again and you make it out to be OK

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Since production cost is going to be less,
    does that mean we can expect a price drop on their firearms?

That should equate to more sales, and further cost reductions of manufacturing.

Depends. There are basically three possible business situations:
    1. They were already making a profit and won't be lowering prices which results in higher profits, but not increasing market share.
    2. They were already making a profit and want to lower costs so that they can lower prices and gain market share.
    3. They either were losing money or could see that costs were going in the wrong direction and had to make this move for pure survival.
    I can't really say which case this is based on what I read, but it is by no means assured that they will be lowering costs. In all cases, the company should be in better financial shape and better able to survive long term.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The worker gets screwed again and you make it out to be OK

The jobs stay in America and new employees are happy. The only workers who are "screwed" are those that are no longer competitive and are over-charging for their labor and under-delivering their productivity.

You make it out to be OK that they can charge more than they are worth. Why?

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    The jobs stay in America and new employees are happy. The only workers who are "screwed" are those that are no longer competitive and are over-charging for their labor and under-delivering their productivity.

You make it out to be OK that they can charge more than they are worth. Why?
    So the price WILL be coming down then? If the workers were over-charging and now you have lower employee costs then the ammo will cost less correct? If the price doesn't go down then that just means Winchester is screwing people by paying lower wages and still charging high prices.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    So the price WILL be coming down then? If the workers were over-charging and now you have lower employee costs then the ammo will cost less correct? If the price doesn't go down then that just means Winchester is screwing people by paying lower wages and still charging high prices.

The screwing happens everywhere. Have you seen an ER visit bill or hospital bill lately? Do you think the hospital is out the 18k they charge you for a heart cath or 100k for a pacemaker?

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Business owners (employers) have to have some sort of incentive (greed/profit) in order to keep factories open to even provide jobs for employees. Take away incentive, take away jobs.

jdl357

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    A while back I stocked up on WWB 100 ct 9mm. I noticed it was made in Illinois. I really like the ammo, clean, consistent, good price. I hope this does not change with this move. Maybe I'll buy another case before it is gone.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Will someone please explain to melensdad that Mississippi is part of the United States? The argument that foreign labor is less then US DOES NOT APPLY. Constantly talking about imported ammo prices DOES NOT APPLY.

Last I checked, moving from Illinois to Mississippi is not moving out of the United States of America.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Mabey Obama's right, tax the hell out of the top 2%

Yeah, buddy, You got that right. in fact we should just confiscate all the property from those greedy bloodsuckers that own factories or other businesses. That would sure help the economy.

Top Bottom