Union jokes (not for the easily offended)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    All I'm saying is if it wasn't for the union EVERY job out there would be paying their employees much less than what they are making now.

That's a pretty bold statement. And nonsense.

That is your opinion. What I said was mine.

Unless you're meaning that unions fuel inflation (which is, actually, an arguable point), your opinion can be verified false.

Some jobs are 100% commission. Union wages have no affect on this.
    Some people are self-employed. Union wages have no affect on this.
    Some jobs pay minimum wage. How could they be paid "much less" if unions didn't exist?

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Did you know that Union workers built the great pyramids? It was originally designed as a cube. Each working shift did a little less till the last said 'throw a rock on top and lets go home'.

What do you call the unemployment line in Detroit? Answer: A picket line

UAW = United Against Work

The steward for the Union Of Road Construction Workers called their meeting to order.
    "Men -- we've agreed on a new deal with the state gov't. We'll no longer have to work FOUR days a week!"
    "HOORAY!!!" the crowd cheered.
    "We'll quit work at 4 PM and not 5 PM!"
    "HOORAY!!!" the crowd roared.
    "We don't have to be in until 11 AM instead of 10 AM!"
    "HOORAY!!!" the crowd thundered.
    "And now, even though 99% of the roads in the country are blocked by orange barrels, we'll only have to work on Wednesdays!!"

Absolute Silence.

A voice from the back of the room asks, "You mean, EVERY Wednesday?"

Gets the rep for starting the jokes again. Gosh, is a scab holding the doughnut box so all the teamsters can get on here and not take time to laugh at the stereotypes...goodness ;)

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Friend of mine stopped to talk to some picketers for the Teamsters outside of Meijers a few years back.
    Turns out the picketers weren't Teamsters; the were non-union guys being paid minimum wage to picket.

Funny, but true.

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Greenwood
    IBT

Been with the Teamsters almost 20 years and they just took our insurance and screwed it up,the boss just screwed us on rates when he could but kept our insurance up. I don't trust either side now. Oh yeah my union just held two elections in Vegas to spend our money as they cry that they are broke.:noway:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Funny thing about unions. A few years back my pops left the electrical workers union because the younger guys would vote for a nickel wage increase over health care and pensions. It seems that most of the younger people have no intention of staying with the union but only join for the free school. When they vote, they don't care about long term benefits but rather go for the quick nickel instead. Unions were a good thing at one time and I thank them for weekends, but their time has come and gone. Perhaps in the future we will need them again but for now we don't. Unions are sort of like taxes, big businesses don't pay taxes the consumer does through higher prices. Same holds true for unions, big businesses don't pay high union wages, the consumer does through higher prices. Look at Government Motors.

I've got a good friend that retired from the teamsters a few years back (after 35 years) with a guaranteed pension, now every quarter they cut his checks, his $3300 a month pension is now more like $1100. Wifes uncle had over a million in his pension from Amtrak, died a year ago and his estate gets NOTHING. Where did all his money go? It was a point of pride for him to be one of their million dollar men.

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Friend of mine stopped to talk to some picketers for the Teamsters outside of Meijers a few years back.
    Turns out the picketers weren't Teamsters; the were non-union guys being paid minimum wage to picket.

Funny, but true.

John Stossel did an expose on this (and then a few years later the daily show).....it was quite amusing

ghostinthewood

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Washington, IN
    The steward for the Union Of Road Construction Workers called their meeting to order.
    "Men -- we've agreed on a new deal with the state gov't. We'll no longer have to work FOUR days a week!"
    "HOORAY!!!" the crowd cheered.
    "We'll quit work at 4 PM and not 5 PM!"
    "HOORAY!!!" the crowd roared.
    "We don't have to be in until 11 AM instead of 10 AM!"
    "HOORAY!!!" the crowd thundered.
    "And now, even though 99% of the roads in the country are blocked by orange barrels, we'll only have to work on Wednesdays!!"

Absolute Silence.

A voice from the back of the room asks, "You mean, EVERY Wednesday?"
    Ok while I agree with tryingtosurvive, that both sides can suck, road workers suck more.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    I said it once and I will say it again. Both sides must have equal power. Then and only then does everything stay in balance. Fair wages and working conditions and the business has the ability to make a product at a reasonable cost with a motivated workforce. As soon as one side or the other gets too much power the whole thing goes to heck.

Top Bottom